A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

LaceyBride
Topic Author

Bridesmaid shoes?

Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:31 pm

I'm probably getting ahead of myself here, but what have people done for bridesmaid shoes? Do they generally match the dress? Because that would be hard to find I would have thought...

Again what have people had to fork out for bridesmaid shoes? I haven't even thought about my shoes yet but figure that will be easier because I only need one pair and can get any colour really!

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Re: Bridesmaid shoes?

Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:35 pm

Not for me, but I was BM earlier this year. We just got plain silver shoes from Williams. They were on clearance and were having a buy one, get the second half price so it was definitely a bargain.

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:37 pm

My bridesmaids wore nude pumps, they did not match. I was happy for them to get nude shoes that they could wear again. I paid for half of each pair.

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:38 pm

My bridesmaids are all having matching shoes, they are purple & the dresses are turquoise. I don't think they have to be the same colour as the dresses, I think they should compliment the dress colour. And it wouldn't matter if they all had different types of shoes. It can be whatever you want really. My bridesmaids shoes were $89 each.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:47 pm

I like the idea of having shoes that co-ordinate with the dresses rather than match, unless you can get a perfect match of course :)

Wombatta
I survived and got married

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:03 pm

My bridesmaids shoes did not match... I wanted them to both be comfortable and have a pair they could reuse, so they both chose their own, both peep toes and one was in grey and the other bought silver.
Their dresses were floor length so nobody noticed anyway! :D

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad

Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:48 pm

This thread has been moved to Wedding Attire.

The MODERATOR TEAM kindly reminds all members to please post in the most appropriate room at all times. We appreciate that with the recent reshuffling of the forum this past week, things will take a bit of time to get used to. If you have any doubts about which room to post in, please do not hesitate to contact one of the Mod Team members!

Thanks for your cooperation,
The Mod Team

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:52 pm

My girls had long dresses, so I asked them to wear silver shoes of their choosing, knowing they both already owned some. That way they didn't have to buy new shoes if they didn't want to.

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:09 pm

I'm just asking my BMs to wear silver shoes of their own choosing, as long as they're not stilettos or super high (cause I'm very short!). I'm pretty sure they all have silver shoes, so they don't have to buy new ones if they don't want to. I just want the shoes to complement the dress, not match totally

beckstar2012

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:02 pm

I was a bit of a shoe nazi and my BMs all had to wear the same shoes. My BM dresses were black so I opted for black peep toe shoes. I think as long as the shoes compliment the dress they definitely don't have to be the same colour. We also found the shoes at one of those buy one get the other half price sales so it worked out a bit cheaper.

Laura&Finn

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:58 pm

I'm getting my girls to each get a pair of nude shoes, I don't care if they're sandles, pumps, peep toes, flats, whatever they want that they find comfortable, I think brides need to be considerate of their mades to an extent.

EnglishCountryRose
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:20 pm

KateM wrote:
My girls had long dresses, so I asked them to wear silver shoes of their choosing, knowing they both already owned some. That way they didn't have to buy new shoes if they didn't want to.

I did the same thing KateM. I asked my girls to wear pale shoes of their choosing. They all got something they were comfortable in and they weren't seen very frequently as the dresses were long. As we had paid for their dresses, hair/makeup and jewellry we didn't think we needed to pay for their shoes too.

miss_alice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:04 am

My two BM's are in different style dresses, but the same colour.
So I've said they can do any shoes they are comfortable in as long as they are black. Heels, wedges, sandals - I really don't mind. As long as they're happy and the shoes are black I am happy!
Maybe if they were in the same style dress, I would mind more, but as the dresses are different (one floor length and one knee length), I want them to be comfortable!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.23