A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

2bwed
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

What colour?!?!

Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:33 pm

I'm so lost with this, I hope that this is the right spot for this too.

I don't know what colour to have my BMs and FHs GM to wear!

FH is set on wearing a brown pinstripe suit without the jacket, a brown vest, a yellow shirt, and possibly even yellow converse shoes or brown shoes with yellow socks.

I want to wear blue shoes for my something blue, BUT I'm happy to change that. I'm wearing an ivory dress wear there is a sash that I can have made in basically whatever colour I want. My favourite colour is yellow, but I was thinking brown for the sash to match FH. I'm set on me having yellow roses as my bouquet as they are my favourite flower.

I would like the girls to wear yellow with black shoes and have the GM to wear black pants and a yellow shirt and that would be awesome if it that was that simple. BM1 is really easy to work with, except she doesn't really want to wear anything frilly and she's begrudgingly wearing a dress but she's happy to do it for her brother's wedding. She doesn't care about colours and is a size 14 - 16 with a great body so can wear whatever. BM2 is my size, maybe a bit smaller (so 22 - 24), and refuses to wear any colour except: purple, black or red, and is very picky about the shape, style etc. I'm getting very frustrated with her, and if she wasn't my BFF I would probably have gotten annoyed with her by now and told her she's being difficult and give her an ultimatum... but I can't do that.

So far the colour scheme looks like it would be yellow black and brown, but that just sounds terrible!! And so I could either have both bridesmaids in black dresses with yellow shoes and the groomsmen in black pants, black shirts and yellow ties and then have FH and I in our special brown colour... but would that look ok? I'm so confused!!

Help please :(

2bwed
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Re: What colour?!?!

Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:37 pm

Oh also, FH does NOT want to wear black at all and is REFUSING to let us pay for our bridal party's outfits - I feel like because we're not paying for it I cannot have a real say about what they're wearing.

2bwed
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:05 pm

misspony wrote:
Black and brown can definitely go together despite it being a long held fashion no-no, but can also be difficult to make work.

How ivory is your dress? A yellow sash could work if it is on the whiter side of ivory, and that might be nicer than a brown belt. If you want blue shoes then wear blue shoes. I am and nothing else that I am wearing is blue!

Regarding the bridesmaids, in particular your BFF, I would be telling her politely to suck it up! What if you dictate the colour and then they can choose the style? Might be easier than trying to make the same dress fit two different body shapes.

I think it works also if the bridal party are in the same colour tones, and you and FH are different. Maybe when you go shopping for BM's dresses the boys can come along so you can co-ordinate them all together?

I would really like to get them all together to take them shopping, but that would require a trip to the next major town 2 hours away. I've tried asking her what colours she'll wear, like 'will you wear yellow?' - answer: 'no effing way, it doesn't go with my skin tone or my hair colour' - her skin tone is olive and her hair colour changes ever freakin' week.. 'will you mocha brown?' - answer: 'no effing way, are you trying to make me look like an old lady?!' - her suggestion: 'why don't I wear a black lace skater dress?'... ummmm WOULD YOU MAKE UP YOUR MIND IF YOU WANT TO BE AN OLD LADY!?! I suggested red... she said 'oooh yes please, with lots of boob showing too please!'... erm... no... 'purple?' she said 'whatever, I'm not fussy' 8O

2bwed
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:16 pm

LOL FH said something to her apparently tonight very un-subtly. So now she's agreeing to wear a yellow dress with a black sash and black shoes.

*sigh*

"I'm not fussed"

2bwed
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:22 am

Ashling wrote:
Tell her to get a spray tan, then it will go with her skin tone

LOL!!!

2bwed
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:26 am

Ok, so so far the plan is to have the girls in yellow with black shoes, me in ivory and chocolate brown (because misspony the colour is weird and I don't know how i feel about yellow being on my dress), FH in brown with a white shirt now and yellow accents, and the boys in black pants, white shirts, and yellow ties.

What colour flowers should the girls have? I'm thinking I could stick to my original colour scheme of Autumn colours even though the wedding is now at the end of Winter?

2bwed
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:44 am

The other option that I'm thinking is purple, green and yellow?

Similar to this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Purple-White ... 53f1fd69d9

And if they are having purple, green and yellow flowers, then that will be my FGs dress :)

2bwed
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:34 pm

I think what is really throwing me is that FHs suit is brown... it's chocolate brown, but still. I was thinking I might take FHs budget of $50 per person and buy the boys a pair of brown suit pants each, and they can wear white/cream shirts, no ties, and yellow hankies or yellow belts. Then the girls can wear yellow dresses, brown sashes and bronze shoes.

Flowers... ?? probably creams, yellows, maybe greens... I want to keep it fresh and spring-time-y.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.26