A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Beach wedding attire - for him

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:53 pm

Need your advice again ladies.

FH & I are going to a beach wedding in a couple of months time. The ceremony will take place on the beach and the reception will be in a nearby restaurant.

I plan on wearing a maxi dress with some jazzy flats but FH has no clue what to wear. The dress code on the invitation says "smart casual with beach proof shoes". I'm thinking some nice tailored shorts and a short sleeved shirt but is this too casual for the restaurant reception?

Any suggestions?

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Re: Beach wedding attire - for him

Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:15 pm

Wasn't too sure if the shorts would be appropriate Ashling.

What about shoes though - would he wear thongs or closed toe shoes?

2bwed
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:20 pm

I would think light coloured pants for him, maybe not necessarily suit pants, but something more tailored, not jeans. A button up shirt, no tie, could even be short sleeved. And as Lawwa suggested, thongs for the ceremony, and boat shoes for the reception - there should be places where he can wipe his feet off or wash them off near the beach in order to change shoes.

Amandacwilson

Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:49 pm

hbm wrote:
Need your advice again ladies.

FH & I are going to a beach wedding in a couple of months time. The ceremony will take place on the beach and the reception will be in a nearby restaurant.

I plan on wearing a maxi dress with some jazzy flats but FH has no clue what to wear. The dress code on the invitation says "smart casual with beach proof shoes". I'm thinking some nice tailored shorts and a short sleeved shirt but is this too casual for the restaurant reception?

Any suggestions?

Hi HBM,

We are having a casual wedding and teh grooms are wearing tan slacks and a white shirt folder up to look like a shorter shirt, with the groom wearing a vest and the groomses without one, If you google beach wedding attire there are a lot of photos and ideas on there as well,

Hope that helps,

Good luck
GZIP: On | Load: 0.33