A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

never too old
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

I've got my dress and I feel blah

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:18 pm

Hey all

I picked up my dress this arvo - alfred angelo 838 - anyway when I tried it on before I got a feeling of love just for being in it. This time - nothing! I left the "suck in pants" at home and just quickly tried it on and of course the person trying on a dress next to me was skinny and trying on the most gorgeous dresses and I just felt blah. I only took my daughters with me and they both said I looked nice - um nice, I was after gorgeous, stunning, amazing. I just felt like a fat slob and i'm scared i'm going to look like a fat cow at my wedding. I've been trying really hard to lost weight, but nothing has happened. I want to go on duramine, but it makes me loopy and I won't do that to FH. I just want to look beautiful. At my last wedding I looked awful, fat and dowdy and I want to look stunning, but I feel with two months to go i've left it too late and i'm going to look like a blimp.

Sorry for the long rant, just really down. :( I want my size 10 body back, i'm so sick of being a 16.

never too old
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Re: I've got my dress and I feel blah

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:56 pm

I did get a pic in it last time I tried it on and I loved it, just don't know why I didn't get the same feeling this time. Maybe it was skinny minny next to me, last time I was the only person in the shop and I had BFF there telling me how good it looked. I know it will be ok on the day, just cranky at myself for not getting the fat off.

claireadam

Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:32 pm

I'm sure you're going to look gorgeous on you're wedding day, it's a beautiful dress. Maybe you need to have your BFF around again for some girly time and you can try it on again in a different atmosphere/environment, I'm sure the feeling will come rushing back en
Xxx

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:30 pm

You know, it could be a dozen different reasons why you are feeling "blah" and none of them anything to do with how your dress looks on you.
The mood you are in, your hormones at the time, pressures or stresses that are in your life ANYTHING. If you loved it before, it is the right dress for you. Wait till you see yourself with hair & make up and all dressed up. Talk about feeling like a princess. By the way, what are you talking about being a size 16, some of us would love that.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:26 am

You are getting married because your FH loves you for who you are and how you look, don't get caught up on someone elses weight and just think about the day you get to marry the man you love :)

If you want to lose weight for you then you can always make healthier diet choices and exercise but don't do it because someone skinnier than you tried on a dress next to you.

snoopkat
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:33 pm

Echoing what all the girls have already said, you will feel beautiful on the day.

I've tried Duromine and I really won't recommend it to anyone. True, it did suppress my appetite but it also made me super hyper and I was high as a kite. It was hard to focus at work because I couldn't sit still. Plus I ate twice as much when it wore off so I ended up back at square one.

never too old
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:08 pm

thank you so much girls - you've really lifted me.

The support on this forum is great and very much appreciate :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:13 pm

never too old wrote:
thank you so much girls - you've really lifted me.

The support on this forum is great and very much appreciate :)

So glad you are feeling better, its easy to get caught up in all the hype and expectations but at the end of the day your partner is marrying you for 'you' :heart:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.3