A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

littlewhiteromance
Topic Author

Does anyone like Red Bridesmaids dresses?

Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi all,

I'm in love with red bridesmaids dresses at the moment. I was just wondering what others think of red bridesmaids dresses.

Do you think it's too bright and over powers the bride?

Love to hear your thoughts.

Smiles,
Dee

Ahh how do i attach photos?

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Re: Does anyone like Red Bridesmaids dresses?

Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:56 pm

A friend of mine had red bridesmaids dresses. She is a blonde and had red flowers in her hair and red gerberas in the bouquets. It was stunning.

sachick90
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:02 pm

My Friend wants to have Red, I dont think it would overpower the bride either. I have seen it done and it looks quite nice

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:17 am

There are so many different shades of red. But unless they were really bright, I think they are stunning and actually showcase the bride.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:58 am

I would never, ever, have thought I would have had red bridesmaids dresses, but we ended up finding some we loved and the colour really suited both the girls. One was blonde and the other brunette and it just seemed to work really well on both of them!
I was already using a black ribbon with my dress, so adding a bit of black to theirs really brought them all together. The only thing I changed from my original planning was my flowers, I originally liked a lot of grenery with off white flowers but ended up going different shades of white/cream with no foliage. Image

littlewhiteromance
Topic Author

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:37 pm

Miss Michelle wrote:
I would never, ever, have thought I would have had red bridesmaids dresses, but we ended up finding some we loved and the colour really suited both the girls. One was blonde and the other brunette and it just seemed to work really well on both of them!
I was already using a black ribbon with my dress, so adding a bit of black to theirs really brought them all together. The only thing I changed from my original planning was my flowers, I originally liked a lot of grenery with off white flowers but ended up going different shades of white/cream with no foliage. Image

That sounds beautiful. :)

Thanks everyone, i did a shoot on the weekend with the model in a red dress.. quite stunning actually. Would never think. :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.13