A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Nomi94
Topic Author

2 dresses. 1 online, 1 in shop

Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:20 am

Hello lovely ladies! I need some input/advice!

I have been searching for months and months for a wedding dress and I think I'm too fussy for my own good, because I simply couldn't find a dress I liked! And then about three weeks ago, I stumbled across a gown on Etsy. It was love at first sight. Since then, I have been continuously pulling it up on my computer to just gaze at the pictures.

BUT THEN. I went into a local bridal store yesterday to see if they had anything similar to this dress, so I could at least get a feel for the style (I'm a bit nervous about buying online and never being able to see it on at all until it arrives) and I found this other dress. Sort of similar but very different! And it's the same price as the first - $450. You don't see price tags like that very often on brand new wedding dresses!

Now what to do?? I am nervous of the risk of buying online, but I am sure the overseas dress has my name written all over it. I thought I could go ahead and buy that one, and when it arrives in 2 months, if I hate it, I can go back to the shop and order in the second one. But I'm running the risk of the second dress not being manufactured anymore. How long do dresses stay on the production line? Also, the dress in the store would take 4 months to get in, and then there's any alterations and whatnot. That comes to a grand total of 6 months before I have a successful dress. And I don't want to order the first dress until the lady has sent me the fabric swatch and she's told me that will take 1 month. So this brings it up to 7 months. The wedding is in 7 months, 3 weeks!!

Help?!?!

Nomi94
Topic Author

Re: 2 dresses. 1 online, 1 in shop

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:39 pm

I can't get a picture of the one in the store, but here's the etsy one: http://www.etsy.com/listing/121505910/f ... orded+lace

I think I'm leaning towards the store dress.....

Nomi94
Topic Author

Re: 2 dresses. 1 online, 1 in shop

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:46 pm

Hmm. I think you're right. I was washing dishes at work today, just mulling it over, and finally came to some sense of peace about choosing the store-bought dress. It was hard to choose, as I had already had my heart set on the first gown. It was even harder, too, because the Etsy seller has a huge amount of rave reviews, so I was trying to talk myself into that being enough to put my fears at ease. But I just felt a bit antsy about it ... as much as I'd have LOVED to be able to wear that stunning dress!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.07