A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Mrs Kylo
I survived and got married!
I survived and got married!
Topic Author

Re: Reception Dress?

Mon May 06, 2013 11:20 am

I've been married twice & didn't consider a reception dress either time..I loved both my dresses so much I couldnt even think about taking them off until the very end of the day

My first dress was big & bustled & was a real effort to dance in but I managed it fine & loved feeling like a princess all day..plus I wanted to get my money's worth!

My second dress was a BM dress I ordered in a light colour & was much easier to move around in anyway..it was way cheaper & wasn't a matter of getting my money's worth but more a case of practicality in wanting to enjoy every minute of time with my friends, family & new DH as well as with our boys, rather than spending time getting changed!

But all that is just me..if you want to, plenty of girls do have a separate dress esp in a different style..& the great thing about a tea-length dress is you could wear it again more easily than a full length dress I guess

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Tue May 07, 2013 11:39 am

Nope. My wedding dress cost too much for me not to wear it as long as possible.

Plus the thought of having to get another dress to the reception, and getting the wedding dress back - blerch. Not for me.

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 07, 2013 6:54 pm

I thought about it too. The same sentiment as the previous posters... I loved my dress too much to take it off. It would have made it a bit easier to dance in though if I had a tea length dress. :D 8O

coco2003
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Another who loved her dress too much to change it for the reception.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.39