A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Peaches1988
Topic Author

Jewellery

Mon May 27, 2013 7:09 pm

I have been looking at the online bridal jewellery stores and have noticed that there are a lot more earrings/head pieces etc on offer than necklaces. I then looked through some magazines and saw that most brides were not wearing a necklace just earrings and a head piece and maybe a bracelet.

So I have two questions im hoping you can help me with

1. Why wouldn't you wear a necklace

and

2. What are you planning to wear on your special day?

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Re: Jewellery

Mon May 27, 2013 7:31 pm

I can't answer number 2 because I haven't even brought my dress yet, but I know that a lot/some brides choose not to wear a necklace as their bodice on their dress is typically beaded/ has high level of details and they don't want to detract from that.

coco2003
I need a title
I need a title

Mon May 27, 2013 8:45 pm

I wore earrings and a blingy hair comb. A necklace would have been OTT.

miss_alice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 27, 2013 9:12 pm

I don't think I am going to do a necklace either.
I have earrings, a bracelet and a hair comb.

Maybe next time you try on your dress take a couple of necklaces with you to see what length/style would suit? Then you can make a decision from there?

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Tue May 28, 2013 10:02 am

I wore a very fine, old gold necklace which my mum wore to her wedding. My earrings and bracelet were much more ostentatcious (Michal Negrin). I don't know whether I would have worn a necklace otherwise. The stuff that matched my other jewellery would have been very over the top (which was the point) and HIDEOUSLY expensive, but I also don't know that it would have suited the dress.

princess erin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 28, 2013 3:24 pm

I wore blingy dangly earrings and a blingy bracelet, with the sequins on my dress I thought that a necklace would be too much. I also had fresh flowers in my hair.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 28, 2013 11:07 pm

Peaches1988 wrote:
I have been looking at the online bridal jewellery stores and have noticed that there are a lot more earrings/head pieces etc on offer than necklaces. I then looked through some magazines and saw that most brides were not wearing a necklace just earrings and a head piece and maybe a bracelet.

So I have two questions im hoping you can help me with

1. Why wouldn't you wear a necklace

and

2. What are you planning to wear on your special day?

I didn't wear a necklace because I had added straps to my dress. I wore simple pearl drop earrings and a pearl bracelet.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.27