A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

mskei
Topic Author

Fantasy Cakes

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi fellow B2Bs

Has anyone used Fantasy Cakes in Doncaster Melbourne recently? What did you think?

I have done a search of the forums and the reviews of the customer service are very negative. That being said, the reviews are quite a few years old. I was wondering if anyone had used them recently. What did you think of the customer service? The quality of the cakes?

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Re: Fantasy Cakes

Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:48 pm

As a cake business, I know Mary from Fantasy Cakes. I have heard negative comments from posters on here too. So the best thing to do is to go and see for yourself. Watch her quotes though, she can be expensive. If you want a second opinion on quotes I would be happy to help you tell if it is reasonable.

Megan<3

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:02 pm

They did our engagement cake. Was very pretty to look at but tasted terrible, no flavour at all in the cake or icing and very dry, it barely got eaten. It really wasn't acceptable but I didn't want to spoil the experience of my engagement by making a complaint, it was done so i just had to get over it. Really don't recommend this business and I'm thankful it was the engagement cake rather than our wedding cake.

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:26 am

It is sad when a cake decorator doesn't value a customer enough to make the actual cake as nice as the outside decorating part. I have been very surprised at her prices too, we vary in prices by $100 or more and I can't see the reason why they would charge so much. But then as you have said she doesn't get the repeat business, and we do and referrals so I guess that is Karma.

mskei
Topic Author

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:02 am

We just want an undecorated cake, and Fantasy Cakes has quoted $250 for a 2xtier to serve 100 dessert serves. That is cheaper than what Ab Fab cakes have quoted.

I went to a friend's wedding a few weeks ago and she ordered her cake from Fantasy Cakes. The two flavours were orange and fruit-cake. I didn't eat the fruit cake but the orange cake was really nice!

We are going there for a tasting on Saturday so I guess I'll see what the quality of the cake is like then.

EmmaCupcake
Formerly known as MrsH
Formerly known as MrsH

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:07 am

I think for that many serves, that's cheap as (from what I've found) so hopefully it's good!
Our engagement cake is somewhat elaborate (since our wedding cake will be pretty plain) and only 50 serves (so it doesn't go to waste) but it's costing me about $500 8O Only reason I'm paying that much is because I've used the business before and most other places quoted $600+ for the same thing :lol:

Megan<3

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:30 pm

Ours was a cheaper cake, I can't remember the price now but around the $200. Maybe they put in less care for clients not paying as much money. Wouldn't risk using them again.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.12