A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
Topic Author

wedding gift for FH?

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:23 pm

This may be a silly question but is anyone getting a gift for FH on your wedding day?

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Re: wedding gift for FH?

Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Oooh Ruby! ;)

I haven't really come up with anything but would like to get him something small but sentimental.

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:09 pm

Nope. He got half a wedding. My DH isn't sentimental anyway.

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Since we are getting married on our 6 year anniversary, I thought that it would be kinda nice to get him something. I brought him a watch a couple of years ago, but he has had he eye on this other watch for a while. It has taken a lot of convincing not to buy the watch that he likes as I bought it for him last week. I am going along with the line that I want him to wear something that I have given him, rather than a new watch which he has bought himself! hehehehhe I am planning on asking his brother to give it to him in the morning...

I also bought him this funny "game over" tshirt with a stick figured married couple. The groom is unhappy and the bride is smiling.. We saw it in Thailand years ago and laughed about it for ages. I will give that to him in the hotel room after the reception!

miss-yvette83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:32 pm

I'm going to get FH a watch. He has been eyeing it off for over a year but won't buy it for himself. He doesn't get to wear a watch for work, so will only wear it on weekends, which means it will last ages.
I'm going to get 'Until the end of time' engraved on the back.

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:58 pm

miss-yvette83 wrote:
I'm going to get FH a watch. He has been eyeing it off for over a year but won't buy it for himself. He doesn't get to wear a watch for work, so will only wear it on weekends, which means it will last ages.
I'm going to get 'Until the end of time' engraved on the back.

That is too cute :D

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
Topic Author

Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:09 pm

MonsoonPrincess wrote:

I don't know what I would get DP. He's a very sentimental person but he doesn't like 'stuff'. Maybe I would get him a new watch, but he got his current one for his 21st which he adores.

I have the same problem, FH doesnt want or need general stuff so he is difficult to buy for and he already has a good watch... hmmmm need to think to this

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
Topic Author

Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Agape wrote:
If you do feel that you would like to give him something, why not write him a beautiful letter that you could have delivered to him in the morning whilst he is getting ready. Maybe a nice bottle of his favourite drink, have it engraved with a special message and you can drink it on a special occasion (your 10 / 25 year anniversary, the birth of your first child, your child's 1st / 21st birthday, or the night before your child's wedding)

those are all great ideas thanks :)

jane1082

Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:51 pm

Im not so much getting a gift as such, but I am going to arrange for a classic car to pick the guys up before the wedding. My FH always go on abou how the wedding day is all about the bride, I thought it might be a nice idea to let him know that it isn't always about the bride, so thought a at to pick him and the boys up might be a nice little surprise for him...

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:16 am

I got FH a pocket watch... I figured it can be something he can pass down... one of our grandkids can have it to remind them of the love their grandparents had :D . I have engraved a brahman bull (FH's fav) with his brand on it, on the front. And on the back it says I will love you for all of time. Then inside it says To Nick, Love Always, Carolyn. I got it done in the US - as I couldn't find anyone in Aus to do the custom engraving on the front, I'm thinking about taking it to someone to get the wedding date put on it... if there is enough room. I will also get his wrist watch fixed and cleaned for him. It was the first Christmas present I ever bought for him... he doesn't wear it much - because he can't at work, so it is still in pretty good condition, but it has stopped working, so I will have to get it fixed & may as well get it cleaned while we are there. I still have the box, so I'll probably just put it in that.

EmmaCupcake
Formerly known as MrsH
Formerly known as MrsH

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:16 am

I would LOVE to go back to Sydney and have another shoot with Bexterity, but I would end up giving it away well before the day...... I have no idea what to get him instead, especially since he gave his whole retro console collection to me. Hopefully I come up with something :lol:

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:51 am

I wasn't going to get anything, but I just bought FH his wedding day gift, a Scottish 30 year old! :)

http://danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_384113/the-balvenie-thirty-30-year-old-scotch-whisky

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
Topic Author

Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:11 am

misteri82 wrote:
I wasn't going to get anything, but I just bought FH his wedding day gift, a Scottish 30 year old! :)

http://danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_384113/the-balvenie-thirty-30-year-old-scotch-whisky

oh funny thing, i want to get FH a scottish 30 year old too but i cannot find it only a 25 year old.... its also pricey, FH LOVES his whiskey, maybe i should buy it?

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
Topic Author

Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:15 am

I should mention the brand i am looking for is Laphroaig

EmmaCupcake
Formerly known as MrsH
Formerly known as MrsH

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:28 pm

I had a new thought on a gift thanks to you ladies with your alcohol!!
I'm thinking I might get him a carton of Rekorderlig, as he has developed a taste for it, or a bottle of something from the year he was born though that may be hard as he is only just going to have turned 23, so I might have to look around now.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
Topic Author

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:29 pm

MrsH wrote:
I had a new thought on a gift thanks to you ladies with your alcohol!!
I'm thinking I might get him a carton of Rekorderlig, as he has developed a taste for it, or a bottle of something from the year he was born though that may be hard as he is only just going to have turned 23, so I might have to look around now.

Rekorderlig is yummy :) but too easy to drink, i think a bottle of something from the year he was born is more thoughful :)

EmmaCupcake
Formerly known as MrsH
Formerly known as MrsH

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:33 pm

That's true. I should get to looking now, at least then I have more chance of getting it for him, even if I do have to hide it somewhere in the meantime :lol:

Perhaps this: http://danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_710950/johnnie-walker-xr-21-year-old-scotch-whisky

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
Topic Author

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:51 pm

If he likes whiskey then that looks great :)

EmmaCupcake
Formerly known as MrsH
Formerly known as MrsH

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:52 pm

I don't know actually :lol: I told mum and her response was "after the engagement party, do you think that is the best idea? It will be gone in a week" :lol:

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:43 pm

Something from the year FH is born is a great idea. I got the thirty year old one because I'm 30... so this will be his other 30 year old :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.4