A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

2bwed
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Photography Time?

Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:27 pm

How long do you think is good to have a photographer for?

FH and I have an option for 2 photographers, 1 is for 3 hours, the other is for 12... both are a similar price.

snoopkat
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Photography Time?

Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:44 pm

My first reaction is Photographer 1 is very expensive to only provide 3 hours coverage compared to photographer 2. My second thought is why is photographer 2 so cheap (in comparison to 1)?

Despite this, my personal view is to go with the photographer you ciick better with. You're going to be spending the whole day with them, it would suck if you find they're difficult to work with.

Teska
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:45 pm

What Agape said.

I would also emphasise importance of the connection with the photographer. That's very important because they capture the feel for what kind of couple you are and that affects the kinds of pictures you get back from the day- i.e. funny, romantic, classic etc..

EnglishCountryRose
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:57 pm

I do agree with what Agape said, however, just as an extra point to consider-we were so glad we ended up going for 12 hours with our photographers, it meant they were able to capture every part of our day and we really appreciated that when we got the photos back and were able to see parts of the day that we had missed.

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:24 pm

I paid for 5 hours, which covered before ceremony photos at church venue, ceremony, between, and 2-2.5 hours of reception. We made sure to do the formalities before he left. If I wanted prep photos at home, I'd have paid for 7 but I didn't. 12 would have been unnecessarily long for my wedding.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.32