A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

sprinkelle
Topic Author

Photographer dilemma!

Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:43 am

Last edited by sprinkelle on Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Re: Photographer dilemma!

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:37 am

I agree with the other ladies. I think even if you got the photos from this photographer you would need to spend additional money to get them professionally edited. We received a CD of our Raw photos along with the edited ones and the difference really is amazing. A few little tweaks here and there and they look 100 times better.

Teska
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:41 am

I agree with others, $100 is nothing compared to being happy with your pictures. Once the day is over the photos are what you're going to have left to remember your day by so you need to be happy and confident in your photographer's abilities.

I acknowledge that what I am about to say may offend: I understand that these fauxtographers may be a cheaper option and if people wish to go with them that's their choice but I can't understand how people could actually have the gall to market themselves as a photographer when all they do is take photos that you could get any relative to take for you, edit them with a home computer program, print them and charge you for it. (I understand that there is time and effort involved but with some of the work I've seen out there claiming to be professional photography, I'd rather give a guest my digital camera and print the pics myself on photo paper)

MattPalmer

Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:30 pm

Unfortunately selling wedding photography for $600 dollars is an extremely unsustainable way to do business. The result of this is naturally trying to minimize expenses associated with the cost of doing business in order to actually try and make any money out of it.

This means that the photographer is probably not accredited, most likely does not have public indemnity insurance, may not be able to provide you images taken on the best quality equipment (and I stress that a photographer's eye is more important than the gear, but in a dark church or reception venue the best equipment is the order of the day), and generally isn't going to go far and beyond to help you with your day simply because they aren't making any money out of it.

Personally I believe every couple should find the photographer who produces images that speak to them, regardless of whether it is through me or not. What I do say however is that like most things, you generally pay more for something of quality. The best wedding photographers are talented artisans.

floxglove

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:35 pm

I agree with the post above. You can't get decent photographs for 600,- Dollars. It is your wedding day and (hopefully) this will be a once-in-a-lifetime event, so rather spend the money and get something, you are happy with. I had a friend who hired a photographer for really little money and ended up having really bad pictures... look for professionals and accept that you have to pay the price. Good luck!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.4