A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Which do you prefer? - STD's

Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:22 pm

Our wedding doesn't really have a theme other than we want everyone to party and have an awesome time. The real invitations are going to be pocketfold, so a bit formal ish, so I'm wondering if something a bit more lighthearted would be better for the STDs- for family and very close friends.
What do you guys think? They'll be on a shiny paper, printed at home, on a hot pink postcard sized card with a magnet on the back

I apologise about the fact the curser line is still in there, pretend it's not!

FH and I both prefer the 'are you in' one, but I'm worried it's not 'weddingy' enough :/

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Re: Which do you prefer? - STD's

Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:23 am

The 1st.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:35 am

I prefer the first one, my only suggestion would to maybe make the date larger and the poem part smaller? The date and your names are the most important parts so you want them to stand out :)

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:51 am

I like the format of the second one, but the booze, good food and bad dance moves doesn't sit right with me.

So I guess the first one?

Teska
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:38 am

Personally I don't like 'joke' wedding things (I'm very traditional) BUT if you both like the 2nd one and you feel that it reflects your personality then go with it. There's nothing worse than going to a wedding where the bride and groom aren't reflected in their day at all or worse, when they try to be something they're not.

So I'll vote for 2nd :)

EnglishCountryRose
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:57 pm

Definitely go with the one you like best. If you're after a more informal type of STD, these are perfect. Personally, I think the first is great.

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:25 pm

Which one did you decide on?

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:35 am

Still no decision, but thankyou for the advice ladies!
Most likely we'll go with he first one, as I imagine my mum would vote for that over the second, haha.
Then again, I'm about to explore ETSY for some new ideas, so it could completely change again ><

floxglove

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi Anjelik,

I just read your discussion about the invites and personally, I would strongly advise you to contact a professional. ETSY is good for that as well, you get some pretty well designed stuff there and it will look much more elegant than the two examples you showed us. Of course, it is your decision and the bride should be happy with it :-) Anyway, I had mine done by a friend, she is really attentive to details and was great to work with! But of course it is also the money...

Good luck with everything!
Ah.. the link http://www.inkpaperrock.net

Cheers

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:11 pm

Thanks for the constructive criticism ladies, FH and I have decided to go with something a little different.

Obviously the quality from photobucket isn't the quality that's going to be sent.. but we liked these better than the other ones.

miss_alice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:55 am

I agree with MrsPony - I also think this one is the best of the lot! What colours are you going to be using? :)

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Thanks very much :)
Just hot pink card behind a shiny off white paper with the black font, I think. Keeping it simple! Thinking about some kind of shiny stud decoration, but we'll see how we go
GZIP: On | Load: 0.1