A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

For anyone that has a bridal gift registry....

Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:50 pm

Or for anyone not asking for cash...and therefore are expecting majority of gifts to be physical gifts........................

What are you going to store your gifts in at the reception? Are you hiring a chest through the reception venue? Are you just putting gifts on the table? Are you hoping that people will give you the gifts before the wedding?

I am just looking at different options and wondering what others are doing! Thanks :)
Last edited by mrsWtobe on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: For anyone that has a bridal gift registry....

Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:06 pm

No gift registry - but nearly half our guests gave us the big/bulky gifts before the wedding. Those who brought gifts with them left them on a gift table in the reception room, MIL and FIL took the gifts home for us afterward. Nothing was stolen or lost.

button30

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:07 pm

Ashling wrote:
Depending on the gift registry some places deliver them after the Wedding

This. I had all of ours delivered after we got back form our honeymoon

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:53 pm

We are having a gift registry. I would think it was just the etiquette not to bring bulky gifts to the wedding? So I am hoping that any gifts will be given to us before or after the day.
Most registries have a delivery option (at a fee though), but if guests bring gifts, I've asked my parents and BMs to help us out by taking them home with them

flowerpower82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:56 pm

I don't think this really answers your question, but we're going with a "not another toaster" registry. We can put items we want on there and guests put money toward one of them. Just means we have a load of cash afterwards and it's up to us to go buy the items. Half the items we've chosen are honeymoon activities too. We plan to take a photo of the item/activity when bought and include it with the thank you.

smurfee
Almost there
Almost there

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:35 pm

you can have a gift table with an attendant to guide the guests where to put their presents. (my gift registry is at thankyou)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.13