A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
Topic Author

babies at the wedding?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:23 pm

My mum has raised concerns with me that I am not allowing my sister to bring her new baby to my wedding in November, she will be 6 months old at the wedding and is only bottle fed so I have considered the breast feeding is not an obstacle.

We are not inviting any children to the wedding apart from my FH daughter who is 8 (not a baby) the wedding is a cocktail theme in the heart of melbourne and not kid/baby friendly. If my sister had a child that was older and i know wouldnt need constant attention then i may consider but what if she start screaming during the ceremony or even at the reception?

Im not overly stressed right now but I know this will come up again closer to my wedding. My family will be at the wedding so they cant babysit, My sisters partner is invited (but no one likes him 8O ) could i suggest he stay home and babysit? or she find a friend to baby sit or is this rude to ask a new mother?

Other guests who have a baby the same age have already RSVP'd that they are coming and they are happy (excited) for a child free night away...

I am just a bit confused on the etiquette here?

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Re: babies at the wedding?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:36 pm

We are having no children at the reception - expect for babies. There will be about 4 babies under the age of 6months. All other children will be having babysitters. I would assume that if the baby starts to cry - the parents who use their initiative and take the babies for a walk. ?
Last edited by mrsWtobe on Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:45 pm

I had no children, but made an exception for babies. It's up the parents to remove them if they arc up, and they'll likely sleep the night away in their pram.

Kourtz88

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:56 pm

We don't want children at our wedding either as that would add an extra 15-20 guests to our list but how do you let people know without sounding rude?
We live in WA and are getting married in QLD, there are a couple of baby sitting service companies so I was going to include this information with the invitations.

Can anyone show me what they have written on their inviations to politely say we aren't having children at our wedding?

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
Topic Author

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:43 pm

oh i should probably add that this sister i grew up with but I also have another sister i didnt grow up with and she has a 2 year old and an 8 month old that i didnt invite but i doubt she will come anyway...

without sounding too stupid (i dont have any kids) what does a baby do at 6 months would she be teething and crying? walking?

noihsaf

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:45 pm

Kourtz88 wrote:
We don't want children at our wedding either as that would add an extra 15-20 guests to our list but how do you let people know without sounding rude?
We live in WA and are getting married in QLD, there are a couple of baby sitting service companies so I was going to include this information with the invitations.

Can anyone show me what they have written on their inviations to politely say we aren't having children at our wedding?

We just wrote on our invites

With respect, this special day will be an adult only occasion.

However we have also mentioned this to people

KateM

Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:51 pm

stormageddon wrote:
oh i should probably add that this sister i grew up with but I also have another sister i didnt grow up with and she has a 2 year old and an 8 month old that i didnt invite but i doubt she will come anyway...

without sounding too stupid (i dont have any kids) what does a baby do at 6 months would she be teething and crying? walking?

Not walking. Teething possibly but one would think if their baby was mid-teething meltdown they wouldn't bring her of their own accord.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.02