mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Help with the wording of gift and card signs

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi lovelies!

Need some opinions please!

For our wedding - we have a gift registry and wishing well. We have a list of things we need through Myer and there is also a wishing well for the guests that do no want to go into a store and pick something.

At the wedding I want to organise a space for the cards and gifts to be placed. I don't want to assume most people will give the gifts to us before the day..and then have to deal with individual gifts and envelopes left on a table on the night - with no way to get them all together.

As our destination wedding is at a winery, I thought I might get a half barrel and place it on the side table. That way the cards and gifts can be placed in the barrel and when we leave the whole thing can just get placed in the getaway car.

I have bought some chalkboard signs to place on the table - one will be for our guest book and the other one for cards/gifts. If I place a sign in front of the barrel and write "Cards and gifts" - is that going to look rude? I do not want to come across as rude, but I also want guests to use the barrel so its easier at the end of the night.

What do you think?

Middy58

Re: Help with the wording of gift and card signs

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:44 pm

I too struggle with the idea of having a designated gifts table. I talked to about it with my bridesmaids, and they told me that people are going to want to give you a gift, and if I do not have a designated spot it will be disorganised and people will be personally handing you them all night. I think the wine barrel looks amazing, and the fact you are having a sign that says 'cards and gifts', not just 'gifts' looks a lot more elegant and classy. :D

amz86
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:28 am

I think that there is an understanding for most people that if you are attending a wedding reception you should at the very least give a card. I love the wording cards/gifts - i will be using this it is more polite.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:21 am

I think it is a fantastic idea and the little chalkboard signs will look cute - not rude! As much as it probably seems obvious to you, sometimes guests are just looking for a bit of direction! At a friend's wedding they didn't have a designated area so guests sort of just started their own area and people were awkwardly trying to move them around. And the barrel for easy getaway is a great idea!

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:07 am

Oh cute - just one thing to keep in mind is if anyone has bought anything fragile they might not want to have it in a barrel. Love the idea.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.49