A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

hjr95
Topic Author

Invitations: Children Optional?

Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:05 am

Hi. Does anyone have advice on how to word an invitation that indicates you can bring your children if you would like. We're having a wedding about 90 minutes out of town and many of our friends/distant family have children of various ages. To save inviting them all or not inviting any (or only some), we would like to say that it'd be great if you could make alternative arrangements (eg. and spend the night partying and dancing with us child free) but if you would like to bring them then let us know. I've been googling but can't find examples of anyone else having done something similar... Thanks!

JanelleBridge

Re: Invitations: Children Optional?

Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:18 pm

We have a 15 month old and we wouldn't expect him to be invited to a wedding. To be honest even if he was I wouldn't bring him! Simply because I would want to relax and have a child free night. I would address the invite to the couple only, and add a little handwritten note with something along the lines of
" Hi Jane and Mark, Just wanted to let you know that your very welcome to bring Sally and Billy along to our wedding. However if you prefer a child free night of drinking and dancing that is absolutely fine too. Just let us know. Love Mel and Mark. xx"

That way its up to them and I think a lot of people will leave them at home if they can :D

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:02 pm

JanelleBridge wrote:
We have a 15 month old and we wouldn't expect him to be invited to a wedding. To be honest even if he was I wouldn't bring him! Simply because I would want to relax and have a child free night. I would address the invite to the couple only, and add a little handwritten note with something along the lines of
" Hi Jane and Mark, Just wanted to let you know that your very welcome to bring Sally and Billy along to our wedding. However if you prefer a child free night of drinking and dancing that is absolutely fine too. Just let us know. Love Mel and Mark. xx"

That way its up to them and I think a lot of people will leave them at home if they can :D

:tick: :tick: I like something like this - it gives the parents the option to do what works best for them!

Longtimecoming

Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:44 pm

JanelleBridge wrote:

Yep, that's basically what I did. I have a lot of relatives coming from interstate with kids of various ages as well as most of the friends coming also have kids around our kids ages. We don't mind either way as our reception package allows 2 kids between 4 - 11 for the price of an adult so I addressed the invitations to the adults only and put a note on the bottom of the RSVP cards that said "For those with children: Kids are very welcome but if you would like a night out without them that's fine too. Just let us know who's coming so we can seat and feed you!"

So far the one's I thought would bring their kids aren't and the one's I thought wouldn't are!!

hjr95
Topic Author

Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi everyone. Thanks for your advice on this. Feeling much more comfortable with how to do this now. :) Holly
GZIP: On | Load: 0.09