A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

deadlys
Topic Author

How to ask for copies of digital photos...

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:58 pm

I'm just doing up the sheet that is going to go in the envelope with my invitations.
It has on it info like...map, dietary requirements, accomodations, byo spirits, wishing well etc. What I want to basically say is, please come along and take lots of photos and give us a copy afterwards. How do I word this nicely and so it make sense?? Please help.

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: How to ask for copies of digital photos...

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:21 pm

I put

"please feel free to bring your camera to the ceremony and the reception"

And then on the bottom on my "I Spy" cards i put "email your photos to ....@bigpond.com or upload them on facebook for everyone to see"

hope it helps

deadlys
Topic Author

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:15 pm

Thats awesome, thanks heaps!!

So I've gone with

"please feel free to bring along your camera and take lots of photos. Be sure to email us a copy to .....@.....com"

What you think? Ok?

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:03 am

Brilliant! I think thats perfect :)

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:16 am

Yep...sounds great!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:00 am

adrienne wrote:
I put

And then on the bottom on my "I Spy" cards i put "email your photos to ....@bigpond.com or upload them on facebook for everyone to see"

hope it helps

That is a great idea, I didn't even think of that! My mum is a bit of a photo nazi so I know she will be going up to anyone taking photos asking them to make her a copy!

Laura&Finn

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:23 pm

One thing I'd just thought I'd put in quickly, double check with your photographer, I'm read somewhere a photographers opinion of people with digital cameras, getting in they way etc.

mrcm1166
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:52 pm

from a photographers point of view we dont mind people taking pics cause they can get ones we miss, generally we meet with the celebrant at the rehersal and introduce ourselves to them and everytime the celebrant will mention that feel free to get the happy snaps but be mindful of the professional photographers too and general introduce us, not sure if all celebrants do that but thats what we have come across and never had any issues :)

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:08 am

adrienne wrote:
I put

hope it helps

:tick: :tick:

A wedding I went to recently did this - it was awesome to look through Facebook the next day to see all the things you missed seeing as a guest because they were in a different part of the room etc.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:20 am

Laura&Finn wrote:
One thing I'd just thought I'd put in quickly, double check with your photographer, I'm read somewhere a photographers opinion of people with digital cameras, getting in they way etc.

Our photographer brought this up with us which was a little awkward because I thought, these are my guests, I'm not going to tell them not to take photos!! It was under a heading of "paparazzi guests" in the contract - LOL. I can understand they might get frustrated with people getting in their way or their flashes going off but IMO they have no many other opportunities to get photos they shouldn't be worried about the other guests.

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Is your photographer going to actually be at the reception the whole night? I know ours will only be there for 30mins to get certain pics and fake cake cutting etc and of my guest walking in. So therefore it personally doesnt clash for me and this is why i did an I Spy cards so that i do actually get the photos throughout the night.

Just keep it in mind - maybe talk to your photographer and come to an agreement. The photographer cant be everywhere all the time.

flowerpower82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:14 am

One of my girlfriends sent out a blank CD with an addressed envelope with her 'thank you' card. On the card she wrote after the thank you that she noticed we were taking photos and if we'd mind burning and posting back a copy. It was no trouble at all so burnt and sent them back! I even photoshopped a couple for her that had randoms in the background. :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.06