A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Should I pay for the hairdresser?

Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:55 pm

I've booked a mobile hairdresser to come and do my hair on my wedding day, and she has a minimum spend of $250. I'm not having any bridesmaids, so I've asked the ladies in our families if they would like to use this service. When I asked them I also sent the prices, and two have said yes. I think I will need another, so I might ask a friend to join us. I have been thinking about it this morning and I'm not sure if I have handled it very well. Do you think that I should be paying the whole $250 rather than asking the ladies to pay for themselves? The money doesn't matter, we can afford it.

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Re: Should I pay for the hairdresser?

Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:04 pm

How close are you to these ladies?

Personally I think it could be a really nice gift for you to pay for the hairdresser - especially if you can afford it. If you have sent the prices and they have accepted it sounds like they are going to pay but if it was me and I could afford it I would pay as a nice gift.

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Re: Should I pay for the hairdresser?

Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:45 pm

The ladies are my brother's girlfriend, who I don't know very well yet but I think she will be my sister in law one day. The other is my sister's girlfriend, we always stay with them when we go to Sydney so I know her quite well. The ladies that said no were my mum who has very short hair and is a no fuss kind of woman, FH's mum who has really short hair, and his sister who is vey good at doing her own hair. So I don't think they would suddenly sign up for the hairdresser even if I was paying.

I think I will just pay for it. It's me that wants the service after all, because I didn't want to have to travel out to town to get my hair done.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.1