A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

sprinkelle
Topic Author

Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:57 am

Last edited by sprinkelle on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Place card holders?

Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:27 am

What kind of place card holders are they? what do they look like? Do they look like they have been purchased by you, or property of the reception place?

Sorry for the questions, but its a little hard to say without further details :D

I'm having wine cork holders which I made myself from the corks that my FH and I have drunk over the years. I am more than happy if guests want to take them home as they basically cost me nothing, apart from the blood, sweat and tears making the bloody things! :x :x :x

Its a hard one, because, you dont want to say not to take them right? and if you do have dinner parties all of the time, they would be a nice reminder of your wedding. I think that most people think that weddings arent a free for all, and im hoping that most people would ask before they take something?

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:23 pm

I don't think people expect to take them home unless it has somehow been indicated that they should.

Do you want people to take them? What do you plan to do with them if they don't?

sprinkelle
Topic Author

Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:33 pm

No they would be a purchase by us.

I suppose I never really though to much about it but I mean what if I buy ones I wish to keep that I do intend on using for later on in life (dinner parties and what not) and one gets taken?

I suppose I will just have to assume that they will get taken and if they don't just encourage my guests to do so as I don't think I'll use the 'special' placecard holders for anyone but those that know they are part of a set.

It seems so trivial (and I wouldn't dare ask for them back, or even begrudge anyone that took them) but its just something I was really unsure of!

Thanks ladies!

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:35 pm

I dont think your guests would take them unless they have their name engraved on them etc however I also wouldnt assume that no one would take them. Some people take some strange things lol

KateM

Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:59 pm

sprinkelle wrote:
No they would be a purchase by us.

I suppose I never really though to much about it but I mean what if I buy ones I wish to keep that I do intend on using for later on in life (dinner parties and what not) and one gets taken?

How big are these dinner parties you're planning?

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:42 am

I had frosted square tealights holders which each had a strip of paper with names for their place settings. Roughly 50 of the 60 were taken by guests, so don't think they won't go! I bought mine as a gift and place card in one, so was happy that they were taken though
GZIP: On | Load: 0.39