A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

daydreambeliever
Topic Author

How to ask-will you sell/loan your wedding dress?

Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:04 pm

My sister's best friend was married in Thailand earlier in the year and I fell in love with her dress. We also want to get married in Thailand and well...I'd love her dress! It would cost $2500 to have made as it was a designer and while I will consider that I was also wondering if I could ask her if she wants to sell her dress (or loan it-I'd make sure it is specially dry cleaned and pristine after of course). How do I bring it up?
FH and I want to chat to them about their wedding when we go back to my hometown for Xmas.
Thanks!

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Re: How to ask-will you sell/loan your wedding dress?

Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:27 pm

I would offer to buy it. Asking to borrow it is a little 'cheap' sounding. I personally would LOVE someone to offer to buy my dress, I have no need for it!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:01 pm

Lawwa wrote:
Personally, I think being asked if you would sell your dress to a friend, due to it's beauty, is one of the highest compliments you can receive.

Just be upfront. Tell her that it is your ideal dress and that you'd love to make her an offer for it if she'd be willing to sell it to you. She may say she isn't willing to sell but that she will loan it to you. Definitely offer to buy it first though.

Excellent advice :heart:

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:37 pm

I think you should offer to Buy it :) she should take it as a compliment that you thought she looked so beautiful and you have lost nothing if she declines

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad

Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:52 pm

This thread has been moved to Wedding Etiquette.

The MODERATOR TEAM kindly reminds all members to please post in the most appropriate room at all times. We appreciate that with the recent reshuffling of the forum this past week, things will take a bit of time to get used to. If you have any doubts about which room to post in, please do not hesitate to contact one of the Mod Team members!

Thanks for your cooperation,
The Mod Team

pinkperfection
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:55 pm

Moderator Team wrote:
This thread has been moved to Wedding Etiquette.

The MODERATOR TEAM kindly reminds all members to please post in the most appropriate room at all times.

Thanks for your cooperation,
The Mod Team

Can the mod team please soften this a little? Maybe mention the changes that have happened. It comes across a little harsh especially when it's posted in threads started by newbies.

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad

Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:04 pm

All softened up!! :heart: :heart:

pinkperfection
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:11 pm

daydreambeliever
Topic Author

Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:56 pm

Oh Yes i'd definitely rather buy it! Great advice, thanks girls!
And sorry for posting in the wrong forum-didn't realise it wasn't general discussion & there was actually a board for etiquette

cholito

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:40 am

I agree that it'd be so lovely and flattering to have someone say they loved your dress so much they wanted to borrow/buy it!

Also agree on being upfront and asking- hopefully she's the kind of girl who's cool with it! My friend tried to borrow a dress for her wedding because she didn't want to spend budget and had friends who all had dresses in their closets collecting dust and was refused by all she asked! I thought it was a bit strange but to each their own :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.06