The Mod Squad
Topic Author

September 2010

Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:13 am

A place for Sept 2010 brides to share their plans

misscaz

Re: September 2010

Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:48 pm

Yay, Our very own thread. So Ladies, Who's getting hitched in Sept 2010..I know its still forever away, but I'm already excited!!

em4nat
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:24 am

Mods - could we get an October 2010 thing happening please? :D

Pinklotus
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:07 am

We were March 2010, but now September as we want to get married on our anniversary.

So we are September 22nd :heart:

ilovehappyendings

Sun May 10, 2009 5:38 pm

Hello to all of the September 2010 Brides

My FH and I are getting married on the 26th of September (of course 2010), and I cannot wait to hear how everyone’s planning is going :D

I have currently booked the following:
Reception and Ceremony: Arundel Hills Country Club (the gold coast, qld)
Celebrant: Judy Williams
Photographer: Peter Crichton Photography
Cake: Betty Ross Cakes
Make-up: Allure Make up

Still lots more to do . . . .

springbride10

Sun May 24, 2009 1:32 am

Hi,
Me and my Fiance decided we didnt need another date to remember so we are getting married on our anniversary date september 10, 2010. Both of our birthdays are in spetember too(25th and 29th) so it will make it extra special.

i have started looking at dresses with him, (big problems with mother) and have worked out a few of the arrangements. but haven't booked anything. We still don't know where we will be then. (Just graduated from uni and finding it hard to get a job on the gold coast) We are on the nsw/qld border at the moment and there' s just no where nice either on the gold coast or tweed for a garden wedding and a remotely cheap but still elegant reception. So its looking like gloucester in the hunter valley where my mum is.
My mum says its still too far away to be thinking about dresses and other stuff and that i should be focusing on getting more money ect. So it's nice to see that I'm not starting too early and that there are others out there starting the whole planning process!! I just wish I could enjoy some of the planning instead of having her say "we'll see" about the ideas that i want for MY wedding. Let the fighting begin!

Nice to 'meet' other brides of spring!

Miss Mandy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 24, 2009 12:26 pm

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your help so far. ;-) We still haven't got a 'date' but have decided on September 2010 because of school holidays...April's too soon, july's a bit cold...so September it is!! hehe. We have decided to get married on the beach at Rarotonga, Cook Islands...so excited =) Haven't booked anything yet but we are in the planning stages with a wedding planner and accommodation manager.

Springbride, I can't imagine what it would be like having my mum organise everything for me!! I know I couldn't do it. You seem to be handling it ok at the moment though. I hope you and your mum still have a good relationship after this!! hehe.

Happy endings, I can't believe how organised you are! Very impressive :-) Maybe I should get my but into gear!!

xx

springbride10

Sun May 24, 2009 4:01 pm

Hi everyone!
Miss Mandy that sounds awesome. We recently went on a cruise to numea, vanuatu and all the little islands around them and our school friends got married in vanuatu. It was a great way to have everyone all in the one place at the same time! Plus we got to hang out with the couple up untill their wedding day. Just a thought for you.
Yeah, mum's really on my back about stuff and it does get to me, but i just have a ***** to my fiance and he tells me 'its our wedding, do what you want' which helps put things in perspective. Yeah, i hope our relationship doesn't go bad because of this whole wedding thing. I'm trying to be diplomatic. haha!!!

Like my mum says "theres still plenty of time' but you might like to check out the numbers at the island in September times, especially if its going to be warm. Might be very busy with people trying to escape for either the holidays or escape the last of the winter chills. I'm sure your wedding and accommodation people can fill you in on this.

Hope everything goes well!
ciao for now.

[url="http://www.whenismywedding.com/"]Image[/url] Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

Kandy-Rose

Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:53 pm

Hello! New to this forum but yeay I'm starting to fit in somewhere - I'm a B2B for September 2010, the 17th actually.

My partner and I have been together for 5 years and after being engaged for about 8 months have finally set a date & booked the place we will share our special day at Cedar creek Estate Winery at Tamborine Mtn in the gold coast hinterland.
This venue is just so magical and took our breath away the moment we saw it.

So what else have I done? Well thats where I'm hoping all you ladies can help. Apart from my dress, I'm yet to book anything else. I live so far away from the Gold Coast, I'm situated on the Sunshine Coast and realizing now that it can get a lil tricky being so far away from the venue, & having to organize things off images from the internet or gut feelings from phone conversations.

I'm just about to book a photographer "Legends in Photography" based on their website & a phone call, they sound great but does anyone know more about them? If anyone is having a wedding in the Gold Coast area, it would be great to hear from you with reccommendations for cake, flowers, transport, accommodation etc etc, or even buisnesses to stay clear of for whatever reasons.

Even though it's so 'far away', I'm always told it will go in quick, enjoy every moment girls!

:heart: Kandy X

aliensong

Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi, I will hold my wedding rite next day. Is it a good day ?

springbride10

Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:45 pm

Hi girls,
i'm just so excited i had to share! we found our reception venue today!!! we are going to book it at nerang on the gold coast. Its sooo beautiful!!! Just had to tell someone!!! YAAAYY!!!!

Have a good day!
Last edited by springbride10 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilovehappyendings

Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:42 am

Hi Kandy-Rose

I am a gold coast bride to :P for florists I have been told that divine wedding flowers are really good

http://www.divineweddingflowers.com/

Miss Mandy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:59 pm

Yay springbride! That must be a really great feeling! I will have to have a look at the link =)

EDIT- It looks amazing!! I'm a bit jealous ;-)

jack_0306

Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:08 pm

hi

we were going to be married on June 12th 2010...BUT because we want a water ceremony...i am really worried about the weather so we are changing it for 4th September! We have been together 10 years!
September gives us more time as opposed to April...so September bride i am!

we are pretty set on, that we are going to book sassafras in paddington for our reception...we are very simple people and i have heard all fantastic reviews about sassafras! :)

so excited...

beachwedding
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:45 am

i was looking at april 2010 wedding but changed to september 4th 2010 cause its my birthday and i have always wanted to get married in spring im getting married in jervis bay live in sydney we are going down there in november to book everything

hazzbang
~ Bargain Bride ~
~ Bargain Bride ~

Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:12 am

Hi to all the fabulous "Brides-to-be"..

My partner & I finally picked a date (hard than one would think!!) and I am now a September 2010 Bride-to-be. Getting married on the Gold Coast on the 25th and just starting to plan (only got engaged two weeks ago!!)

I look forward to reading and chatting to all you wonderful ladies about our up coming nuptials !!

Smiles & Happiness.. Haylie :bdance:

springbride10

Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:03 pm

Hi Haylie,
Welcome and congrats on your engagement! Things are pretty slow here at the moment. (in this thread anyways) lots of us are busily planning and sourcing..lol.

Hope things go well for you through the planning processes.

Talk again later.
Heather

aliensong

Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

I got married and I am very happy! :heart:

jack_0306

Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:25 pm

hey girls

we have booked and paid the security deposit for the reception...now to find a nice spot to have the ceremony!!

just scoping things out atm.
we are having a very relaxed reception...a buffet BBQ at Sassafras in Brisbane! i am so excited tho, it is going to be a great night!

our little boy and girl will be involved yay...walking down the aisle together hopefully :) and i would like my little boy to have the ring pillow - we are actually getting a bear one!

it is so exciting...planning.
we are also having a lolly buffet instead of bomboneires...being that it isn't a set seat reception!

hazzbang
~ Bargain Bride ~
~ Bargain Bride ~

Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:19 pm

Hey Jack..

Our two little ones will be involved too! Our son Mason will be 5 & daughter Molly 3, so that should be fun all round!! haha..

And thank you so much for the welcome Heather!! I love that we all have a place to talk about our up coming special day with people on the same journey.. I'm sure my regular friends & family are sick of hearing about stuff already!!! Lol

Keep smiling girls..
GZIP: On | Load: 0.12