A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Lauren Rhodes
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: September 2010

Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:37 am

lol!! I can't wait to start packing we leave Thuesday the 14th for 4 long weeks away I can't wait, it's all getting very exciting now!!

NonVogue

Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:07 pm

I was late for work this morning as I was PACKING FOR MY HONEYMOON!!! :lol:

Cool! where are you going?
lol!! I can't wait to start packing we leave Thuesday the 14th for 4 long weeks away I can't wait, it's all getting very exciting now!!

We are leaving the same day!
We are going to be in Europe, not technically a honeymoon as we are getting married again ( FH is European and all his family and friends are there), but still looking forward to it. Lucky me, get to wear my dress twice. I think I will need a holiday from my holiday when I get back!

Had such a stressful morning with some work and family stuff, but also on the wedding front. 2 guests suddenly pulled out….so now I’m at the numbers where I actually need to cut down a table as I had 86 which needed 9 tables, but now down to 84 which I can squeeze into 8 tables. Arrghhhh…so stressful! Have to re do seating charts

Lozzie
♥ Hopeless Romantic ♥
♥ Hopeless Romantic ♥

Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:46 pm

We are heading to Hamilton Island for 8 wonderful nights :lol:

Minor panic attack this morning though, as the courier may or may not have lost my dress... will keep you updated!!

belle11235
'maybe i'm amazed'
'maybe i'm amazed'

Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:52 pm

Lozzie I'm getting married on Hamilton on the 18th!

LHB85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:59 pm

Lozzie wrote:
I was late for work this morning as I was PACKING FOR MY HONEYMOON!!! :lol:

Getting so excited now :) Are all of you ladies going on honeymoons? Where are you going?

How exciting. You're big day is coming so fast!
We are going to Fiji for 7 nights but end up being away 10 nights because we have a couple in Brisbane. :D

rhiannonp
I survived and got married

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:45 pm

Ah.. glad I'm not the only one having nightmares.

I didn't change dressmakers, i'm actually ordering a matching bolero to my dress (what a find) but it has to come from the US! But they've been awesome and they guaranteed it'll be here in time. So all good.

I'm going to Cape Tribulation for our honeymoon! WOO! Rainforest and warm weather, so happy :)

Lauren Rhodes
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:34 am

We are off to the US & the Caribbean (Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman Island & Mexico) 4 weeks of bliss, we’ve not been on holidays since New Years so I’m getting very excited to be away again.

I’m down to the final dribs & drabs, confirmed all appointments made my wedding week schedule for both FH & I so that we get to all the last minute appointments.

I have the name cards/place cards to finish this weekend and then it’s really just double checking everything.

Last dress fitting tonight to finish the bussle (sp?) & I think I’m done

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:57 am

ooohh... soo exciting girls... Sept is almost here :bdance:

Lozzie wrote:
I was late for work this morning as I was PACKING FOR MY HONEYMOON!!!

I reckon that's an awesome reason to be late for work hun :lol:
We're going to Europe for 3 1/2 weeks for our honeymoon - I seriously can't wait - it's the first time I'll have ever been out of Australia. I always said I'd go to Venice on my honeymoon as a kid - about the only thing I ever actually imagined about getting married! We've got 2 nights in Venice as part of our tour, and have organised a private gondola serenade up the canals :D
3 nights in London, 15 day tour, extra night in Paris, 2 nights in Amsterdam - and a one night stopover in Singapore on the way!

Rhinannon and Tammi - I've been having wedding nightmares for months :wink: They've subsided a bit as the day is getting close though - now replaced by insomnia cos my brain wont shut doen and stop thinking about all the things I've got to do :roll: :lol:

rhiannonp

Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:22 am

Oh I know what you mean drkeena!!! I'm working evening shifts this week, so I get home about 930pm and try to relax, go to bed, then stay awake for three or four hours thinking about all the stuff I have to do!

Our honeymoon will be our first actual trip away together, we've done a weekend here and there, but in nearly six years we've not been on a proper holiday! It's going to be awesome to get away. To a place with limited mobile phone reception :)

I just got my fedex number for my bolero.. woo... its been picked up and it's on its way!

drkeena I just saw your ticker, 22 days, then I realised that means 22 days for me too.. argh! :) 8O :D 8O :D

Lozzie
♥ Hopeless Romantic ♥
♥ Hopeless Romantic ♥

Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:52 am

belle11235 wrote:

Bugger! I'll be back in Brisbane by then, otherwise I could have hidden in the bushes and spied on the ceremony! :lol: All the Hamilton Island weddings on here look gorgeous, especially yours Belle! :heart:

NonVogue

Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:29 am

I had a nightmare last night!! I dreamt it was the day of my wedding and I somehow went somewhere and totally forgot that the hair/makeup people were all coming. And I got back to my hotel room at 11…and the makeup person was there and had been waiting for a while, but the hair person was nowhere to be seen as she must have got fed up and left! And I was in my dream thinking , How could I forget that they were coming??? And I woke up…. :D

Final dress fitting is today! I have my veil made and can’t wait to try it on with the dress.

I feel like I have quite a lot to do still. Biggest bit is the speech, I’m going to give one as well.

Lozzie
♥ Hopeless Romantic ♥
♥ Hopeless Romantic ♥

Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:01 pm

I haven't been having any wedding nightmares lately, I think I've been too tired to dream vividly!!

Good luck with your fitting today NV... We haven't finished our speech yet, will have to finish it off next week. Eek!!

My dress finally arrived in Emerald! (YAAY!!)

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:28 pm

Lozzie wrote:
I haven't been having any wedding nightmares lately, I think I've been too tired to dream vividly!!

Yep - definitely with you there - between not getting sleep and the consequences following it - I reckon I'm pretty well the same!
Yay for your dress getting to Emerald :D
good luck today NV... we haven't sorted our speeches yet either 8O
22 days rhiannon... and belle... and Leonie... and Leena (on the 17th anyways)... and azakat... and oh I know there's more of us - sorry girls - I have a head cold and my brain isn't working proper :roll:

I just got our ring box in the mail from the UK - there's a big yellow sticker on it telling me it had been opened by customs 8O I think maybe they thought the little freshness packet might've been something other than freshness?? At least there was nothing in it they had a problem with though :)
Last edited by drkreena on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

belle11235
'maybe i'm amazed'
'maybe i'm amazed'

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:02 pm

Lozzie wrote:
belle11235 wrote:

Bugger! I'll be back in Brisbane by then, otherwise I could have hidden in the bushes and spied on the ceremony! :lol:

Oh bugger! I was gonna say come crash!

belle11235
'maybe i'm amazed'
'maybe i'm amazed'

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:09 pm

drkreena wrote:
Lozzie wrote:
Yep - definitely with you there - between not getting sleep and the consequences following it - I reckon I'm pretty well the same!

Yeah I used to have pretty weird wedding nightmares but as the day's gotten closer they've tapered off a bit. Probably because more things are paid and finalised and more set in stone, so not as many 'what if's' or decisions to be made. Plus work's been pretty busy so that's what I've been obsessively dreaming about :(

drkreena wrote:
I just got our ring box in the mail from the UK - there's a big yellow sticker on it telling me it had been opened by customs I think maybe they thought the little freshness packet might've been something other than freshness?? At least there was nothing in it they had a problem with though

I got some lip balm sent from the US and it was opened by customs as well. I have no idea what they expected to find in there, I mean the labels clearly said 'raspberry pomegranate', not 'heroin and forbidden flora'. The thing that really annoyed me was they left the inner packaging open so the sticky side stuck to all the labels and it took me ages to get them all off without ripping anything. grr

LHB85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:08 pm

Lozzie wrote:

Good luck with your fitting today NV... We haven't finished our speech yet, will have to finish it off next week. Eek!!

My dress finally arrived in Emerald! (YAAY!!)

I don't think I have even had one wedding dream. I always dream about school :( Lozzie I'm sooo glad your dress arrived. My speech is all finished- I doubt FH has started his. My big job this weekend is to make up menus- we weren't going to have them because we were having a buffet buy now we are having a served meal I need them :roll:

azakat

Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:54 pm

yep wedding dreams (or nightmares!) are pretty much a nightly occurance for me!! :roll: from working the morning of the wedding and running late, to forgetting to pack for the night of the wedding - crazy!! even got poor FH dreaming weddings!!! its getting so close they will prob occur even more!
Got my hens tomorrow - that is so surreal!! im so excited and really looking forward to it.
Good luck to all you ladies out there that are the first cab of the rank getting married next week!!! hope you take time to enjoy the excitement and anticipation of this week - looking forward to seeing all the photos and updates on here really soon :heart:

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:29 pm

^^ Have an awesome time on your hens hun

Leonie - we weren't doing menus either - but I ended up doing some last weekend anyway - I know we're only having a buffet, but I felt like something was missing from the table when I tried to picture how it would all look! Hence we ended up with menus :roll: :D

rhiannonp

Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:41 pm

ARGH SPEECH! Oh crap. and seating plans. and place cards. I'm screwed! :)

I am SO excited to see all of the fellow September brides pictures on here soon!!

and I have a friends wedding tomorrow so i'm having my hair trial, yay!

rhiannonp

Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:16 pm

I'm going for my hair trial.. EEEEEEEEP!

That is all.

:D :) :lol: :roll: :lol: :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.26