A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

LozK

Re: September 2010

Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:39 am

wow didn't realise how popular the 18th of September would be for weddings, wish I had found this post sooner

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:25 pm

LozK wrote:
wow didn't realise how popular the 18th of September would be for weddings, wish I had found this post sooner

I reckon you're about 9 or 10 for Sept 18th now Loz :D
Welcome to the 18th gang... and to the Sept thread hun :heart:
Now - details... whre are you getting married etc???

I have a cold - it seems to be getting worse... but I'm actually semi-happy about it cos it means I'll be well and truly over it by the wedding day (I hope). It's the last thing I need at the minute mind you :(

OMG - it's September THIS WEEK 8O

rhiannonp
I survived and got married

Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:34 pm

drkeena, don't be too optimistic about that cold, I had the same thought. I've now been sick for 2 weeks, its still hanging around, and, (TMI sorry) i'm now coughing up crap. I think it's time for a trip to the dr.

Hope you're feeling better soon!!

belle11235
'maybe i'm amazed'
'maybe i'm amazed'

Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:24 pm

I've posted a separate vent about this, but I thought you Sept girls would appreciate my state of mind given how close we all are

FH got back from his buck's weekend today and he has big scratches and gouges all over his face and 2 big lumps on his forehead. THREE WEEKS OUT!!
The smaller scratches look like they'll heal and the lumps will probably go down, but these gouges look like they'll take ages to heal and there's a big one on his nose and others all over his forehead.
:cry:

LHB85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:13 pm

Belle that's horrible. Hopefully with some tender loving care it will heal quickly.
Best of luck to those lucky girls who are tying the knot this coming weekend :D

laurennick
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:17 am

Well, the countdown is officially on for us! I finished work last Friday and today I have some running around to do because.....I AM GETTING MARRIED ON FRIDAY!!!! Holy crap I can't really believe it! We get a 6.50am flight from Auckland to Cairns on Wednesday morning and I really can't wait because as soon as I am on that plane I can relax....if I have forgotten anything then it's too bad!

We have had a busy weekend with lots of people calling around to give us gifts which has been lovely.
Off today to get my nails put on (acrylic), then lots of waxing and a pedicure tomorrow :D Gotta love the pampering!

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:57 am

laurennick wrote:
Well, the countdown is officially on for us! I finished work last Friday and today I have some running around to do because.....I AM GETTING MARRIED ON FRIDAY!!!! Holy crap I can't really believe it! We get a 6.50am flight from Auckland to Cairns on Wednesday morning and I really can't wait because as soon as I am on that plane I can relax....if I have forgotten anything then it's too bad!

OMG OMG OMG - how exciting love :bdance: :bdance: YAY :mrgreen:

Oh Belle - all I will say is MEN :roll: I hope it all heals and isn't too noticeable hun!

My head cold is slowly on it's way out - that was until I got on the scales this morning and realised that my weekend indulgences (and no exercise) had resulted in a decent weight gain... so I grabbed the dog and went for a run - not normally a problem, 'cept I cant breathe with this cold, so ended up coughing and spluttering and regretting the run - fingers crossed the scales look better for it tomorrow :D

Dress Alterations on Wednesday 8O

Tammi10

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:56 pm

OMG we are 19 days out from our wedding and FH has been diagnosed with SHINGLES :cry: I have sent him straight to bed with his medication and a big bottle of water and said he isn't allowed to come out until he is better. The first of our visitors are arriving next Friday and he was meant to be having his bucks night next Thurs but have told him if he's not well enough then he's not going. AAAGGGGHHHHH and here I was thinking that we were going so well having no major dramas through out the whole planing and organising & now with just over 2 weeks to go this happens. Also DS looks to be getting an ear infection so took him straight to the doctor for some antibiotics to clear this up, don't want him sick either.
Sorry girls really needed to get this off my chest.

I know exactly how you feel with the colds that was me last week, you poor things hope you are all on the mend now.

belle - you poor thing I hope your FH's face heals up ok so it doesn't show up in the photos. to make you feel better a wedding that I worked at in Alice Springs the BM had a broken leg the other GM had a broken wrist & the groom had a black eye & dislocated shoulder. lesson that I got out of that wedding is don't let your FH have his bucks night the week before if they are going camping with dirt bikes and buggys with lots of alcohol :lol:

Rebdot
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:51 pm

:( Seems like everyones got someone who has got hurt or sick, Our son took a huge chunk out of his forehead this morning.

I am also feeling quite sick myself, everyday I feel like I need to vomit, stress maybe?

belle11235
'maybe i'm amazed'
'maybe i'm amazed'

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:09 pm

Oh no Tammi, shingles?! That's really bad luck...And that wedding in Alice sounds like it would have been a sight! My photographer assures me she can edit any wounds that haven't healed up in 3 weeks on FHs face so at least our photos will be ok. Honestly in hindsight we should have left more time but we thought 3 weeks would be long enough to recover from whatever happened...Ha!

Hopefully DS's head will heal Rebdot, and you feel better soon too.

To add to the list of illness and injury....my grandma had a fall on Saturday night and needs several pins and possibly a shoulder replacement. The surgeon is doing the surgery asap so she can still come to the wedding. Mum was frantically looking for a new outfit for her today though because all her formal gear that she has goes over her head and there is no way she can lift her arm. Mum and my aunt were giving her heaps and saying it was a bit extreme of her to go and do this and if she wanted a new outfit all she had to do was say so..... :lol: Luckily the painkillers are doing the trick and she's in high spirits.

LHB85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:14 pm

Oh no Tammi- that's horrible! A lady I taught with a few years ago was telling one day she got chicken pox/shingles 2 weeks before her wedding. I shuddered then and I wasn't even engaged. Fast forward to now- chicken pox are going around school and I have never had them 8O I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping I am a carrier.

I am feeling a bit ripped off at the moment. Everyone is getting excited about their weddings and I am kinda take it or leave it about mine. I don't really feel like it is only 3 weeks away- I still feel like it is months away :roll: I want to be excited too!

teenz84

Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:10 am

Not long to go now...Tues, Wed, Thurs then Fri... eek.

Laurennick you must be so excited too!!!

We had a family dinner tonight as our parents hadn't yet met (mine live interstate) - it went well - thank goodness. Had my hen's on Saturday night which was an absolute blast, burlesque followed by a tapas dinner then to a bar. Few bits and pieces to do over the next few days and confirmations (just to triple check) with all our suppliers to make sure they are all set to go :D

I can't wait.

Hope your FH's, children, grandparents of you other girls are all on the mend. Try not to stress too much.

COUNT DOWN IS REALLY ON TIL MY WEDDING DAY!!

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:44 am

Oh Tammi :( Seding good vibes your FH's way hun - hope he gets better really soon!
Hoping both you and DS are feeling better soon rebdot :heart:

I'm excited for you girls who are getting married this weekend :D
Your dinner soudns really nice teenz :D

Leonie - while I'm excited hun, I still have this strange feeling that it cant possibly be me who's getting married in 3 weeks... I think I'm trying to keep my head above water at work and so in my head at times playing down the idea that it's so close - I think I'd get just a tad overwhelmed by everything otherwise!!! Not sure how to get you excited hun... other than to say YOURE GETTING MARRIED :bdance: :bdance:

rhiannonp

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:33 am

Sounds like we're all in the wars a bit! Hopefully having bad luck BEFORE the big day means everything will be perfect ON THE DAY!!

My parents are driving me insane. My work is driving me insane. BAH!

I'm having my hens night on Saturday though so hoping that'll put me back in the mood. Can't believe it's only 2.5 weeks.

Hoping everyone is feeling happy and excited!

filigirl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:33 pm

Eeeeek! 10 days to go!!

Everything's sorted tho, just paying everyone off..

Getting excited now!! :mrgreen:

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:25 am

^^^ Hey filigirl... long time no see :D
Good to hear it's all come together.

OMG Girls... it's actually here... IT'S SEPTEMBER 8O :bdance: :bdance: :bdance:

belle79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:32 am

filigirl wrote:
Eeeeek! 10 days to go!!

Everything's sorted tho, just paying everyone off..

Getting excited now!! :mrgreen:

I hear you!! We're on the 10th, so 9 days to go. I can't believe it's almost here!!! Have my bridal shower lunch at work today which I'm looking forward to, then last day of work tomorrow. Woohoo!!! Really looking forward to being able to concentrate on wedding stuff. And my hens is this Sat which should be awesome!!

And I'm sorry to hear about all the bad luck everyone's been having- hope everyone gets better/heals quickly soon!!

belle11235
'maybe i'm amazed'
'maybe i'm amazed'

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:57 am

drkreena wrote:
^^^ Hey filigirl... long time no see :D

OMG Girls... it's actually here... IT'S SEPTEMBER 8O :bdance: :bdance: :bdance:

AHHH! It's madness!

belle79 wrote:
I hear you!! We're on the 10th, so 9 days to go. I can't believe it's almost here!!! Have my bridal shower lunch at work today which I'm looking forward to, then last day of work tomorrow. Woohoo!!! Really looking forward to being able to concentrate on wedding stuff. And my hens is this Sat which should be awesome!!

I envy you finishing up at work, I have SO much to do and so little time, having to put in lots of hours which doesn't leave much time for wedding stuff. Have a great time at your shower and hens Belle!

LHB85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:52 am

I started to get a bit excited last night talking to the photographer-we love her ideas and she loves ours. I can't wait for the photos. I think I will start getting really excited when I finish work because it will become very real then.[quote="drkreena"]^^^ Hey filigirl... long time no see :D

OMG Girls... it's actually here... [color=#800000]IT'S SEPTEMBER
8O :bdance:[quote]

LOL I knew I would come on here and you would be all excited because it is September :D . How do you change the size of your font?[/color]

NonVogue

Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:01 pm

OMG!!! September is here!!!

Hope everyone is on track. I feel like I am….but will update next week.
Like a lot of the girls here, I’m just frustrated at work at the moment. Just want to GET OUTTA HERE!! I am so mad this morning cos my boss scheduled a performance review the day before I go on leave!! WTF??!!! What an idiot!

I just wanted to wrap things up and be on my way. Now have to go through stress of the performance review before the stress of my wedding. :roll:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.39