A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

 
User avatar
belle11235
'maybe i'm amazed'
'maybe i'm amazed'
Posts: 687
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Re: September 2010

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:59 pm

I get to pick up my dress tomorrow! eee!
It will be the first time I've seen it completely finished - last time it didn't have any detailing whatsoever on the corset and no shoulder strap. I am so excited and nervous. I hope it's everything I imagined... I have a final fitting at the store to make sure everything is ok then I get to bring it home with me. Can't wait to get it on!
 
User avatar
drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Posts: 1492
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: September 2010

Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:52 am

LHB85 wrote:
LOL I knew I would come on here and you would be all excited because it is September :D . How do you change the size of your font?[/color]

Hehe... bugger... I'm getting predictable!!
To change font size - there's a drop down box when you're typing your message (up between URL and font color), so you can make it really tiny or massive lol

Well, the bad luck sorta hit us yesterday - rather than getting my dress alterations done I ended up in A & E with DS - with a suspected broken arm 8O Poor kid... thankfully it isn't broken, but he's done some ligament damage so will be sporting a sling for the next week. Poor kid's in a fair bit of pain on and off - but soooo glad it wasn't a break :?

Anyway.. on a much brighter note... we's got peoples getting married THIS WEEKEND :bdance:

So - a huge good luck to the girls getting married Friday and Saturday - teennz84, laurennick, Lozzie, JodieRachelle and hazzbang! I wont be able to post much after today (going to a wedding in Melbourne myself) - but good luck ladies and have a wonderful day :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
 
teenz84
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:58 pm

Re: September 2010

Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:40 pm

drkreena wrote:
LHB85 wrote:

Anyway.. on a much brighter note... we's got peoples getting married THIS WEEKEND :bdance:

So - a huge good luck to the girls getting married Friday and Saturday - teennz84, laurennick, Lozzie, JodieRachelle and hazzbang! I wont be able to post much after today (going to a wedding in Melbourne myself) - but good luck ladies and have a wonderful day :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


I'M GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW!!!! So excited and nervous - it's ridiculous.

Everything is set and ready to go... BRING IT ON!!!

To the other beautiful bride to be's getting married this weekend, i'm sending lots of loving happy wedding vibes your way, :heart: :heart: :heart: hope your weddings are all amazing

xox
 
User avatar
belle79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: September 2010

Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:44 pm

teenz84 wrote:
I'M GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW!!!! So excited and nervous - it's ridiculous.

Everything is set and ready to go... BRING IT ON!!!

To the other beautiful bride to be's getting married this weekend, i'm sending lots of loving happy wedding vibes your way, :heart: :heart: :heart: hope your weddings are all amazing

xox


Good luck!!!! I hope you have a wonderful, magical day!Can't wait to see piccies :mrgreen:

And the same goes to all the other ladies this weekend! You must all be so excited!!! All the best! :mrgreen:
 
User avatar
rhiannonp
I survived and got married
I survived and got married
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:51 am

Re: September 2010

Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:54 pm

Good luck to the lovely ladies getting married this weekend!!! Hope it's fab!!

My hens is tomorrow night.. hope that sorts out.. meh.. and I can't find a good foundation.. any recommendations? I have VERY pale skin, but it's good and clear etc so I don't need anything heavy... HELP.. please??? I wanted MAC but there is no stockist in Geelong :(
 
User avatar
azakat
Member
Member
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:21 am

Re: September 2010

Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:26 pm

Best of luck to all the first lot of September brides getting married this weekend!! Hope you all have a beautiful day and its everything you dreamed of :heart:
 
Tammi10
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:23 pm

Re: September 2010

Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:12 pm

To all the brides to be getting married this weekend, have a fabulous time we will all be thinking of you :heart: :heart: :heart:
 
User avatar
belle79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: September 2010

Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:24 pm

rhiannonp wrote:
Good luck to the lovely ladies getting married this weekend!!! Hope it's fab!!

My hens is tomorrow night.. hope that sorts out.. meh.. and I can't find a good foundation.. any recommendations? I have VERY pale skin, but it's good and clear etc so I don't need anything heavy... HELP.. please??? I wanted MAC but there is no stockist in Geelong :(


My hens is tomorrow too! Very excited. I hope you have a fantastic night at yours!!

As for foundation, I am very pale and love Estee Lauder double Wear light (shade 1) and clinique perfectly real (102). They're great because they're pale but not too pink like so many pale shades are. :)
 
User avatar
LHB85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:09 pm

Re: September 2010

Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Good Luck to all the brides for today and tomorrow! :D
 
User avatar
drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Posts: 1492
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: September 2010

Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:30 am

Oh :( Was hoping for stories/updates etc when I logged on :D
I hope it was magical ladies and everything went smoothly!

12 DAYS September 18th girls - OMG - HOW did that happen???
 
LozK
Member
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:36 pm

Re: September 2010

Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:58 pm

wow its getting close now

What songs are you all having?
 
User avatar
hazzbang
~ Bargain Bride ~
~ Bargain Bride ~
Posts: 2615
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:31 pm

Re: September 2010

Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:45 pm

 
User avatar
rhiannonp
I survived and got married
I survived and got married
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:51 am

Re: September 2010

Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:49 am

Congratulations hazzbang!!! Gorgeous photos!!!!


And looked like gorgeous weather for you too!!



Well I had my hen's night.. it was great... but still don't feel like I'M the one getting married yet.. it's so weird.. 8O
Under two weeks now though, 12 days as drkeena pointed out :lol: I'm sure I've forgotten stuff.. I have to work through Sunday.. I'm exhausted and still sick.. blah.. i'm a whinger hahaha lol..

How are all the other 18thers going?

R
 
User avatar
drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Posts: 1492
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: September 2010

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:03 am

hazzbang wrote:
I'm now a MRS!!!!

:bdance: :bdance:
Thanks for coming back and sharing Hazz!!

rhiannonp wrote:
Well I had my hen's night.. it was great... but still don't feel like I'M the one getting married yet.. it's so weird..
Under two weeks now though, 12 days as drkeena pointed out :lol: I'm sure I've forgotten stuff.. I have to work through Sunday.. I'm exhausted and still sick.. blah.. i'm a whinger hahaha lol..
How are all the other 18thers going?
R


Haha... I seriously know how you're feeling hun - it's completely surreal!! I think maybe I'll start feeling it a bit more when family starts arriving maybe? Our Hucks isn't until Wed 15th 8O So still a bit of waiting for me! I cant wait til this week is over cos then I'm done at work and can concentrate on the wedding wholely and solely :D
Thanksfully my head cold has cleared up, and DS should be out of his sling tommorow (fingers crossed)... hope you get better soon hun :heart:
 
User avatar
rhiannonp
I survived and got married
I survived and got married
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:51 am

Re: September 2010

Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:47 am

Oh my god. I haven't planned my music. I don't know what i'm walking down the aisle to. OH MY. :roll:

I just wrote my speech, and it only goes for 3 minutes, is that long enough? I'm the only one doing a speech. I don't know what else to say.

I'm having a meltdown and I start work in an hour. OH MY.

ARGH. What would I do without you girls? Thankyou thankyou thankyou.
 
Lauren Rhodes
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:36 pm

Re: September 2010

Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:22 pm

4 more sleeps for me, almost everything is done just packing everything up now to transport, picked up the last few things this morning, having my e ring cleaned today & final meet & greet with the celebrant tomorrow then it's just waiting till we go to Agnes to set up.

Hens night was Saturday & the girls did an amazing job I had a great time I wish I could do it again!

I had my nails put on on Saturday and I love them I've never had acrylic nails before and now can't see myself with out them there so lady like and make my short fingers look so long and lovely. lol!

Good luck to all the September brides we'll be heading off on our honeymoon on the Tuesday after the wedding for 4 weeks so I won't be back till mid October.

Cheers, Lauren
 
User avatar
drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Posts: 1492
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: September 2010

Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:37 pm

Lauren Rhodes wrote:
4 more sleeps for me, almost everything is done just packing everything up now to transport, picked up the last few things this morning, having my e ring cleaned today & final meet & greet with the celebrant tomorrow then it's just waiting till we go to Agnes to set up.
Hens night was Saturday & the girls did an amazing job I had a great time I wish I could do it again!
I had my nails put on on Saturday and I love them I've never had acrylic nails before and now can't see myself with out them there so lady like and make my short fingers look so long and lovely. lol!
Good luck to all the September brides we'll be heading off on our honeymoon on the Tuesday after the wedding for 4 weeks so I won't be back till mid October.
Cheers, Lauren

Oh Lauren - how exciting! So so close! I hope you have an absolutely magical day (FH and I were joking about taking a drive down to Agnes this weekend just so could get my own sneak peek 8O :D )
Good luck hun - will be thinking of you on saturday :D :heart:
rhiannonp wrote:
Oh my god. I haven't planned my music. I don't know what i'm walking down the aisle to. OH MY.
I just wrote my speech, and it only goes for 3 minutes, is that long enough? I'm the only one doing a speech. I don't know what else to say.
I'm having a meltdown and I start work in an hour. OH MY.
ARGH. What would I do without you girls? Thankyou thankyou thankyou.

Chill hun :D
3 minutes is perfectly long enough for a speech! And you have plenty of time to work out your music still - it will all be awesome... now take some deep breaths and have a think about a song that is special to you and FH or whether you want the traditional wedding march. It's all good sweets - it'll be just fine :wink:
 
User avatar
belle11235
'maybe i'm amazed'
'maybe i'm amazed'
Posts: 687
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Re: September 2010

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:32 pm

OMG my fg has chickenpox!! what the?
 
NonVogue
Member
Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:13 am

Re: September 2010

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:51 pm

rhiannonp wrote:
Oh my god. I haven't planned my music. I don't know what i'm walking down the aisle to. OH MY. :roll:

I just wrote my speech, and it only goes for 3 minutes, is that long enough? I'm the only one doing a speech. I don't know what else to say.

.


OH my god, I have to say you are so organised! My wedding is this Sunday...and I have not started. 8O

Yes, can't believe I'm actually getting married. 1st day off and had a rough start, my work called....1st day of my leave and my boss calls urgently. I had to work half a day....what A*holes! I'm getting married, not on some normal holiday and they called me up to work??!!! SO upset cos today was my only free/relax day. Hens is on thursday, and from tomorrow, people start arriving from overseas and interstate and I have to pick up everything.

Anyway....you girls have been great. I have found myself not interested in any forums in these last 2 weeks, except this september brides one :)
 
User avatar
drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Posts: 1492
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: September 2010

Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:47 pm

belle11235 wrote:
OMG my fg has chickenpox!! what the?

Oh no... maybe she'll be ok by next weekend??? Fingers crossed for you hun :heart:

Deep breaths NV... deep breaths! Don't let it overwhelm you hun :heart:
I know what you mean about people arriving - FHs parents are already here, my dad and step-mum arrive Thursday and then a whole bunch of people every day from then on :roll:

Just know that it will all come together - and don't be afraid to delegate :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.26