A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

LHB85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: September 2010

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:14 pm

Mmm Karena you are one very calm woman 8)

I'm still off in lala land as I like to refer to it- I don't feel like D-day is next Saturday- its still months away as far as I could be concerned therefore I'm not stressed, I'm not excited, I'm not really anything. Just cruising through the day to day routine :roll:

azakat

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:43 pm

I agree LHB85
Its all very surreal. Im excited...but im not. Its such a strange feeling - it still feels like its AGES away!!!!! I cant believe that as of tomorrow, ill get to count the days on both my hands - 10 days!!!! I finish up work on Fri and I think im just so focused on organising for the week that Im away, that Im feeling a bit stressed about that atm! Bring on Saturday when I have a whole week devoted to the wedding and I reckon it will start to feel more like a reality! :D

rhiannonp
I survived and got married

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:51 pm

Thanks drkeena.. you're very calm :)

And NV - I don't FEEL organised lol but I'm sure everything will be fine

I just wish I didn't have to work all weekend.. that part sucks alot.. i'm working 12-9 M-F then 8-5 Sat Sun, then I get married the next Saturday. I'm going to be exhausted! Ah well. Stupid healthcare.

NV - I am half expecting a phone call from my work once i'm on leave too.. sucks doesn't it? Take it as a compliment that they just can't do without you hehehe...

Thanks girls
R

Tammi10

Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:02 pm

For all the girls getting married this weekend, have an absolute ball & I hope your days are everything that you have been planing for. I am sooooooooooooooo looking forward for friday which is my last day of work before the wedding :lol: :lol: :lol: Like so many of the 18th Brides I can't believe it has come around so fast. Am starting to get excited about everyone arriving, with the first of our guests arriving on Friday. FH is on the mend but still in a lot of pain. thank god he has a lot of sick pay up his sleeve so has taken this week off as well to rest up before everyone arrives. I am so in awe for all the brides that are giving speeches as well, I so don't have the confidants to do that, don't even know how am going to cope with the whole walking down the isle everyone looking at me. :roll: Had our MC around for dinner to sort everything out with him. Every glad we chose him he is going to do an excellent job. Anyway hope everyone elses plans are going well and everyone is recovering from their illnesses.

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:32 pm

LHB85 wrote:
Mmm Karena you are one very calm woman 8)

I'm still off in lala land as I like to refer to it- I don't feel like D-day is next Saturday- its still months away as far as I could be concerned therefore I'm not stressed, I'm not excited, I'm not really anything. Just cruising through the day to day routine :roll:

I'm outwardly calm hun... everyone else around me (except FH) is stressing about different bits and pieces and trying to get us to do things differently - like duh it's next week... ummm TOOO LATE :roll:
I still don't feel like it's next week either... but I'm good at offering myself and others reassurance that it will all be ok :mrgreen:
I might be in a state of denial - but at least it's a happy state :lol:
Tammi - good to hear that your FH is on the mend hun... sounds like it's all coming together nicely hun!

Rebdot
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:05 pm

I have only read a few pages back but...

I hope all the illnesses- shingles, broken bones and cuts clear up! Our little boys scab fall off the other day and with in an hour he had scratched the side of his face again.

Congrats to those who got married over the last week!

AFM- I still have 20 odd OOS books to glue together.

I also had to run around for another veil after mine broke at the comb and couldnt be fixed because the person who made it glued it to the comb.
$200 for a plain veil! I almost died of shock. We have already blown out our budget by $4000 with out paying for our reception yet!

3 days to go and geez I am nervous!

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:57 pm

Well we have an arm out of a sling - so that's good :D
I had my first really emotional moment of realisation today - driving in the car to pick up DS from school (of all places 8O ).
I'd just rushed away from work (running late has become the norm for me who's normally the early bird the past 2 weeks)... anyway, I literally got off the phone from organising a schedule with the hair dresser for next weekend, and raced off to pick up DS, it's only about a 5-10 minute drive from work to get him, depending on traffic... so I'm driving along thinking about the appointments (and the politics that are going to occur with Mum and Step-mum in the same salon - you get the idea).
I'm suddenly having flashbacks to my hair trial, and thinking about my dress, and imagining walking down the aisle to FH... and I get all emotional and teary in the car (so much so that I had to compose myself in the car before going in to school).
I think I'm finally starting to believe that I'm getting married... with the dress and the ceremony and the trimmings... I probably sound a tad nuts, but it was a really strange, weird, but nice feeling :o

rhiannonp

Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:20 pm

drkeena.. I had my first moment today too..
I was leaving work tonight, and a couple of the ladies I work with don't work Friday's or the weekend, so it was the last time they'll see me before I'm married, and they all came up and were hugging me and wishing me luck and so on.. I really felt like "wow.. I AM getting married!"
I also feel SO close to FH at the moment, it's so odd, I thought the stress would make me distant, but I'm all loved up.. :lol:

Just over a week ladies
and good luck to those getting married this weekend!

NonVogue

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:39 am

NIce to see everyone on track and having "moments". I ahve to confess am definitely not feeling any moment. I'm so worried everything won't come togetehr and I still have so much to do!

Rebdot
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:49 pm

Ahhh tomorrows the day for me and I got the spray tan from HELL! It was so bad and disgusting and had patches of white and the salon assured me it would set like that but after a few tears I had to wash it off, I couldnt risk it and I had no time to get another done else where :(

rhiannonp

Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:10 pm

NonVogue - it'll be lovely :) I'm calm and having moments now but i'm sure next Friday when i'm a day away i'll be stressing big time!! One of the men at my work tonight said to me, (and coming from a bloke I thought it was pretty good), just remember to take time to have a few deep breaths on the day and enjoy it, it'll be over before you know and you won't have noticed all the work you put into it. Pretty nice from a fella :) All the best

Rebdot, that's terrible :x I'm sure you'll still look great without the tan, but that's not really the point, seeing as you wanted one and paid for it!! Did they give you money back? Could you maybe get someone to use a good bronzer on your shoulders/back/chest/bits you can see? Good luck - Looking forward to photos!

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:25 am

Good luck today ladies!!
NV - I hope you have a wonderful day - It'll all be fine hun!

and to all the other Sept ladies getting married this weekend - have an awesome time :mrgreen: I hope your days are magical :D

18thers... OMG... We get married in ONE WEEK 8O :mrgreen: :bdance: :bdance:

LHB85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:58 pm

I'm so behind this week but...
Good Luck to all this weekends brides!

Hope you all have great day's and can't wait to see the photos :D

rhiannonp

Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:41 am

Two more sleeps 18thers!!!

I still have a mountain of things to do!
Good luck ladies!

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:58 pm

Good Luck my fellow 18thers!

and to all those girls getting married this weekend!

Soooooooooo excited... and I think I'm organised too 8O

See you all on the other side :D :D

LHB85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:57 am

Good Luck to all the Brides this weekend. I hope the weather is perfect for all of us :heart:

apmr14

Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:45 pm

Hi ladies - Sending well wishes to all the beautiful brides for this weekend!!! I'm sure it will be a magical day for all! :) :wink: :P

I'ts my turn next Saturday and boy oh boy and I getting nervous!!! :D

belle79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:04 pm

Good luck to all the Sep ladies getting married this weekend! I hope you all have wonderful, magical days!! :) :)

electriclight

Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:29 pm

Hey, good luck to all the brides getting married on the weekend. Hope you all have an awesome time :D

rhiannonp

Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:49 pm

Good luck fellow 18thers, can't wait to see photos!
xoxoxo
GZIP: On | Load: 0.03