A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Re: December 2010

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:21 am

kachward wrote:
8O :o My ticker is counting down in days! I didn't think it would actually make a difference but my stomach kinda went a bit crazy like on a rollercoaster just now when I saw that. lol. I'm such a dag. And SOOOOOOO excited!!!! Not only because this time in 4 weeks I will be setting stuff up at the venue but because this time in 4 weeks you shall be in Africa as a Mrs K! YAAAY! I will be stalking for at least one teaser photo. You better have one posted before you leave. :? lol.

Great work on finalising your ceremony and getting your dance complete. I hope you get a video of it and post so I can see. And I'm sure you will make at least one mum cry without a doubt.

I had my dress steamed by the seamstress before I picked it up but I have it in the cloth dress bag so it doesn't get dirty and it's not long enough for the train. She said I would need to steam it again before the wedding but transporting it will only crease it again. Anyone know if hanging it in the bathroom while we all have a shower will drop the creases out? Material is satin and chiffon.

I know what you mean about the ticker in days K, when mine first when to days I was thinking how the hell did it get to be counting down in days so quickly!! 8O FH and I are saying to each other '23 days to go' etc. but it doesnt feel real at all!

Unfortunately I think you girls will have to wait until after the honeymoon to see a pic because we leave for our honeymoon the day after the wedding and we wont be going home to my parents before going to the airport (we are catching up at a cafe near our venue for lunch the day after then will have to pretty much go straight to the airport). Unless you want to add me on FB, because Im sure there will be pics on there added by my friends and family! Ive already got Dan and Emy on there so they can get a sneak peek!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=742938366

Im not 100% on the crease issue but Ive heard that that works. I know my dad hangs his work suits in the bathroom all the time to steam out the creases, it should be the same for the dress? Im really not sure though- maybe best to ask the seamstress.
Actually, come to think of it Ive had a satin and chiffon dress of mine hanging in our bathroom for months because I wanted to try and steam the creases out. It has helped but not totally gotten ridden on them. However, the dress was REALLY creased because I hand washed it and it creased up really badly (its just a forever new dress).

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:41 am

I cannot believe you only have 23 days to go K. I thought 29 was bad! lol. I'm going to add you on FB if that is ok. I can't wait that long for a sneak peek! i'm totally your number 1 stalker :lol:

Hmmm....might have to try the steam thing and hope it works I guess.

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:01 am

kachward wrote:
I cannot believe you only have 23 days to go K. I thought 29 was bad! lol. I'm going to add you on FB if that is ok. I can't wait that long for a sneak peek! i'm totally your number 1 stalker :lol:

Hmmm....might have to try the steam thing and hope it works I guess.

:bdance: Yay, now I can stalk your FB from my iphone while on my honeymoon to see your pics! :lol: :lol: (surely we will have reception somewhere in africa!)

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:12 am

LMAO Perfect! :mrgreen:

Brie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:32 pm

this is moving fast! i havent got time to read back! but I hope your all getting as nervous as me!
there is SO much to do! right now im working 6 days a week so i left work early today to go home and sort my stress levels out!
tomorrow im meeting with the lady who's going to alter/sew on a hook for my dress. so YAY i get to put it on again! its been over a month now and i already forget how it looks.
also have my veil and hoop now so i can try it all together :) so im nervous about that!

my rsvp day is in less then a week. think im waiting on 20 or so people. how are u girls going with that? i want to know now so i can start making name places and table seating lists and stuff! so much to do! so little time. 5 weeks exactly for me tomorrow. i saw something about 23days for you K. OMG i hope its all going well for you!

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:28 am

Oh my, it's so soon now girls!!

Our RSVP date is on Monday, still waiting on one family member, one of my parent's friends, my MoH's mum, a family friend and one of FH's friends.
FH's friends are annoying me the most, their e-party is next weekend and their wedding is next March, surely they understand the importance of RVSPing?! They didn't RSVP for our e-party either, so it shouldn't surprise me, but still...frustrating.

Busy weekend for me - high school reunion tomorrow if I feel up to going and then my hens starts at midday on Saturday! How exciting!

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:14 am

Time certianly is going fast. Brie I hope everything goes well with your fitting. Do we get photo's of your dress with the veil & hoop? :D

Dan I hope you have a ball for your hens on saturday. We want pics!

My RSVP's are all complete bar one family member who is waiting on confirmation of her grad date for Uni and the celebrant. Once we confirm those then we are all systems go!

Had our final meeting with the venue yesterday. All went really well and it got me all excited and doey-eyed again thinking about walking down those steps in my amazing gown to meet FH. :mrgreen: Can't wait!

Also, did our seating arrangements last night which actually turned out to be a fair bit easier then expected. I was thinking it was going to be super painful but we managed to work it all out within an hour. :D So I'm just waiting on those final two confirmations and I can start the seating chart. We're having two tables of ten, two tables of 9 and two tables of 8 plus the bridal table of ten. If my cousin and celebrant are joining us then we will put them on one of the tables of 8 to bring numbers up a bit more.

Off for my chooks weekend this arvo. Super exciting as I have no idea what's in store. I shall be sure to post pics. :D

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:39 am

Have an amazing time on your hens Dan, cant wait to see pics!!
You too on your chooks K!!!!
Will be thinking of you both tomorrow!

All our rsvps are in, well bar one, FHs step brother and his wife. FMIL just said to cross them off the list because they are rude and the wife is psycho and wont let the step brother come :roll: Not that we care, we barely know them, or like them! And one of FH's friends and his fiance- we have crossed them off the list, not going to chase them. In fact, we had dinner with them and a group of people last night and they didnt even acknowledge it :roll:

So yeah, we have 97 people attending.

We found the seating arrangements not too bad either K, we worked it out pretty much straight away. Have to submit our seating chart to our venue today and next friday pay off the rest of the reception! Oh my, that makes it sound so close!!! 3 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:07 am

Well Monday is our cut-off and we are still waiting on 5 RSVP cards. It's my hens today so I'll speak to my MoH to see if she will mind coming over during the week to make the "so are you coming?!" phonecall for me. One is a cousin who is a pain in the arse, but there are a couple of wierd ones, like my mum's cousin who was one of the most excited ones at the engagement party and my mum's close friend. Hopefully they are all ok and have just accidentally misplaced the invitation.

Need to know so we can meet with the venue next week and work out our seating chart, menu etc. Going to get them all printed by Snap Printing this time, but I still need to design them. The plan is to hand over all of my reports and portfolios by Thursday, which gives me four weeks before the wedding to do all those little things like labels etc.

Still waiting on my cake toppers (nervous!), my fortune cookies, my rose petals and the chinese good luck coins I ordered, as well as the 'mrs cook' coathanger. Need a few more honeymoon outfits (singlets and shorts mostly). Slowly slowly getting there. :mrgreen:

Really nervous and excited about today! FSIL will be around later to do my hair for me (gotta love having a FSIL who loves hair styling! :heart: ) so I better go and start getting ready, need to be at my MoH's at midday. Everyone keeps telling me "I am in for a big one", eek!

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:16 pm

Thinking of you hens/chooks girls today, hope you are both having a ball!! :heart: :heart:

I just got back from the shops picking up a few little wedding bits and pieces, nearly had a teary in the card shop when I chose a card to give FH on our wedding day :oops: :heart:
I think thats a sign that the wedding is close! God, how am I going to hold it together on the day!

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:43 am

:e_shifty: :e_shifty: :e_shifty:

*stalk stalk stalk* for hens and chooks goss and PICS!

Brie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:33 am

Hey girls how did your hens nights go??
Did you find out the rest of your rsvps Dan?
K did you want 97 people? were you the one hoping for at least 90? if so YAY! haha :D I hate those people we had to invite to be nice and now they stuff you around. i was hoping the few we unwillingly invited would say no or at least let us know. one said no last night - so yay. another couple said yes but their daughter lost my invite i personally made so had to ask me times and then what to wear. grr.
2 days until my rsvp date. still waiting on 20 rsvps. that's terrible LOL.
Took today off work. trying to figure out what wedding stuff i can do today!

I can't believe how close your weddings are! i still have over 4 weeks left and im freaking OUT!!! i hope your holding your calm a bit better!

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:42 am

Hi Ladies! I survived my chooks weekend.....only just. lol. I think my liver has packed it's bags and p!ssed off! :lol: Had such a brilliant time though.

Took us three hours to get to Burleigh Waters from brissy airport on Friday arvo. When we finally arrived though, my Mam and I unpacked everything while having a glass of Moet. The girls started to arrive at about 5pm and we all had some bubbles and a bit of a chat. All the ladies had cooked a meal for dinner or dessert and brought it with them and had actually written the recipes out to go in a recipe book for me. Brilliant idea as they are all really easy and tasty pasta meals. Made it to bed at 11pm after opening up my Survival kit for the weekend. It had some drinking glasses, blow up pillow, eye cover for sleeping and a cold pack one for relaxing, a 'stripper' mug which has a hunky bloke on it that loses his jocks when the mug gets hot :lol: and a few other bits and pieces to help me out over the weekend.

It was early to rise on Saturday morning as the tour bus arrived at 9.30am to pick us up for the Cork & Fork tour. We went to three wineries: Cedar Creek, Heritage & O'Reillys. Bought 4 bottles of wine after tasting some super yummy ones. Cedar creek was actually one of the places I looked at having our wedding. Such a beautiful location but logistics would have been a nightmare! My MOH had organised a treasure hunt for the day as well so I had to do things like get 7 guys to sign my hens t-shirt, ask a random married couple for advice, try 7 different wines and write some details on them and a few other things as well. Was great fun. We finished up the day back at the house at 4pm. We had a swim and a few more bubbles and then the games began. Played a few games until about 10pm and then we faded off to bed.

Yesterday saw us having a slight sleep in followed by more opening of presents. Got some brilliant things. Then we hit the markets for an hour or so before heading back to the house for a BBQ lunch. The girls all made their way back home late yesterday arvo and I made the trip back at 5am this morning. Now I'm sitting at work, barely awake and wishing I had taken the day off! lol.

Hope you had a great Hens Dan! I'll be keeping an eye out for pics and I will be sure to post some piccies from mine very soon. I didn't get many on my camera but everyone else got stacks so as soon as they upload them I will post them for you to have a squiz. :mrgreen:

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:11 am

Kachward, your chooks weekend sounds amazing!! :heart:

I've put photos and whatnot in my show and tell, but is was fantastic!! I can't believe I was nervous, it was so much fun!! The life drawing class was brilliant, only my mum and I out of the 10 there had done any formal 'art' before but everyone created some amazing art! Can't wait to get them back (my BMs SIL picked them up for us) so I can see them again! Our male model was really sweet too. From then on it was lots of good food and lots of cocktails and tequila. We all did well though - no one was sick and no one was hungover! How odd! We drank a LOT though so as my MoH said, we're either getting 'too good' or 'too old' :lol:

Now to finish another busy week at work so I can spend the next 4 weeks doing much more fun wedding stuff! I plan on handing over all my work stuff by Thursday so I better get cracking!

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:26 am

Glad to hear your weekends were so fantastic Kach and Dan!!!! :heart:

Brie that SUCKS that you are still waiting on so many, people are absolutely hopeless!! We had dinner with a group of friends last thurs night and there was a couple there who didnt rsvp to our wedding and didnt reply when FH emailed and texted them to ask them to rsvp. We were almost tempted to not go to the dinner because we knew they would be there but we wanted to see our other friends so we went. Anyway, this couple didnt even acknowledge the rsvp situation! 8O I was b itching to one of the other girls about how stressful the rsvps had been with people not replying etc and the other couple was listening in so I hope they got the hint!!! Whats worse is that they are engaged getting married nov next year- you would think they would have the courtesy and understanding to bloody rsvp! We crossed them off the list long ago, but it still made me mad that they were so ambivalent about it all! And our other friends were talking about our wedding most of the night- so i hope the non rsvping couple felt awkward! :evil: hehe!

Anyway, enough b itching from me!

Im quite calm, I think im oblivious that the wedding is so close!

Brie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:53 pm

lol k i like how you subtly told that couple. some people just just completely unaware.

Your weekends sounded a hell of a lot better then the one i just had lol! I hate that it has to take a wedding for everyone to organize a fun weekend like that! I bet it would suck to be at work right now kach!

hey while im here i thought you could help me again :)
I've been playing with table numbers and menus and i came up with a triangle design that has the number one side and the menu on another, i put a poem for a disposable camera on the 3rd but FH has just informed me that he thinks cameras are silly - he is very boring when it comes to 'different' things like that. i want the wedding to be different to others but he likes it all nice and simple LOL soooo i decided i would compromise and go without the cameras and spend the money on something else like maybe fixing the car HAHA
so now i got all that out, i have a blank side on my triangle, and thought it would be nice to have a 'thanks for sharing the day with us poem' but as i have NOOO imagination i turned to google for poems and did not find many. i found 2 that i blended together and want an opinion on :)

Today you witnessed,
the union of two people in love.
Tying the knot on earth,
while being blessed by angels above.
Mitch and Brie
would like to thank you,
for sharing their special day.
You being at our wedding,
made it perfect in every way.

??? :?

NN
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Ohh my GOD, specialkk, I just realised we are getting married in Two and a Half Weeks 8O. I know we've been noticing days, as in 18 days left but somehow for me the sound of two and a half weeks it's a lot more unsettling, exciting, unnerving, :D than 18 days.

Brie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:04 pm

thats incredibly close Yamile!

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:17 pm

Brie wrote:
lol k i like how you subtly told that couple. some people just just completely unaware.

Your weekends sounded a hell of a lot better then the one i just had lol! I hate that it has to take a wedding for everyone to organize a fun weekend like that! I bet it would suck to be at work right now kach!

hey while im here i thought you could help me again :)
I've been playing with table numbers and menus and i came up with a triangle design that has the number one side and the menu on another, i put a poem for a disposable camera on the 3rd but FH has just informed me that he thinks cameras are silly - he is very boring when it comes to 'different' things like that. i want the wedding to be different to others but he likes it all nice and simple LOL soooo i decided i would compromise and go without the cameras and spend the money on something else like maybe fixing the car HAHA
so now i got all that out, i have a blank side on my triangle, and thought it would be nice to have a 'thanks for sharing the day with us poem' but as i have NOOO imagination i turned to google for poems and did not find many. i found 2 that i blended together and want an opinion on

Today you witnessed,
the union of two people in love.
Tying the knot on earth,
while being blessed by angels above.
Mitch and Brie
would like to thank you,
for sharing their special day.
You being at our wedding,
made it perfect in every way.

???

Brie- I replied about your poem in the thread you started in another section. I really like the little section you cameu p with to replace the angels part, combined with the second half about sharing the day and making it perfect. I think that would be lovely!

Yamile wrote:
Ohh my GOD, specialkk, I just realised we are getting married in Two and a Half Weeks 8O. I know we've been noticing days, as in 18 days left but somehow for me the sound of two and a half weeks it's a lot more unsettling, exciting, unnerving, :D than 18 days.

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saying Im getting married in 2 and a half weeks feels so weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe it, Im so excited! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Brie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:32 pm

oh i saw k sorry, i posted it in here before you replied in that thread - i thought i would get a faster response in here from my fellow december-arians?? LOL but yeah i'm just going to stick with that :)
my wedding is one month from tomorrow.
i have designed my table numbers, just need to do name places, get all my rsvps still waiting on around 20 even though the rsvp dates tomorrow :( my numbers are at 75 if everyone left to rsvp say yes so i am happy with that. i wanted a small wedding so any 'no's' to the rsvp is welcomed LOL. i still need a guest signature book, and to find FH shoes, get dad's suit organized, get my BMs sh!t sorted with what they are doing on the day and get them to buy shoes. i need cheap but pretty boxes/bags to put their presents (necklace, earrings and foot jewellery) into. Might just actually get off my butt and look in a news agency or something that sells that stuff. Umm i need to make things that tell people what table they sit on as they walk into the reception, need material to go over the easel that holds those table seating things.
still havent met with my DJ, i think they said the last 2 weeks i go and pick songs. i hate that i only get to pick for the main things and then let them sort it out, but i guess on the day it wont matter. i guess i got to book hair cuts/touch ups the week of the wedding, sort out timings on the day of the wedding. book into have my nails done! time the walking down the aisle song - we got to walk down a ramp and then down the beach - long walk for one song.
OMG
is there anything you girls realised you forgot to do? i feel like im forgetting something MAJOR. I'm starting to freak and wishing i had tonnes of cash so i could have hired a wedding planner to do everything other then say 'I do'.
i havent even practiced or looked into doing our 'first dance'. we were going to wing it but i want to practice but he wont let meeeeee :( WAAAA.
ok time for bed.
btw i got to get my car fixed. my 2 year old has yet another ear infection and is on antibiotics. and i am SOOO over working 6 days a week!!!!

CANT WAIT FOR THAT HONEYMOON!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.39