A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

NN
I survived and got married

Re: December 2010

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:57 pm

Sorry Girls, I haven't replied to all your posts, I have been reading but not replying cause I'm in the last leg of everything so kinda here and not here :D. I am now confirming everything, went for taste test last week and it was really nice, wrote our speech, did reception schedule. Need to do

Get the girls hairbands
Do last centerpiece trial
Organise emergency kit
Rehearsal wednesday prior to wedding
Make final payments & confirm everyone
Fly to Bne to pick my parents up who arrive from overseas
Still deciding about hair trial, manicure, etc
Complete presents for people who've helped
Pack FH's wedding present
Sort and pack everything that needs to be taken
Sort food day before and day of

Dande and Kach, saw your photos, they are great and looks like you had an amazing time.
Specialkk, Good Luck with your job interviews, fingers crossed for you.
Brie, hang in there, it will get better. Hopefully your little baby gets better soon too.

In general, FH is the one that feels like we've forgotten something MAJOR but I say, if we've forgotten it, it can't be that MAJOR :D. It'll be right girls, keep your eye in the prize, and that is the marriage and if you have in fact forgotten minor details, it'll be fine
:heart:

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:56 am

No need to apologise Yamile- Im crap bored at work with hardly anything to do so Im around here on and off all day pretty much everyday, thats why I post so much! :lol:

Sounds like you are all organised though, we are on the home stretch now!!! Cant wait!!

Though I had a really restless sleep last night having wedding nightmares and job nightmares. A can remember a snippet of my wedding nightmare where I put my dress down in this side room on a mattress and then realised there was custard (i know, CUSTARD, weird!!) on the mattress and it had gotten all on my dress. The dream was really bizarre! I just wish I didnt have the job stress at the moment too, I think its making it all even worse. But hopefully I will have some very good news later this week on the job front so I wont have to stress!! :D

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:02 am

I'm with you on the being crap bored at work K! I'm only here for 6.5 hours a day but I could totally use those extra hours for finishing stuff off right now. I really should have taken an extra week off before the wedding but I convinced myself I'd be fine and that work really needed me. Ha! Yeah right.

I hope you don't have anymore nightmares and I really hope all the job stuff gets sorted for you soon hun. :heart:

I posted some more hens pics from the weekend if you want to check them out.

Has anyone bought any 'Just Married' swimmers and if so, from where?

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:38 am

When do you finish up work K? I finish next thurs (YAY!!) and we are going out to lunch on the wed to celebrate the end of our contract and me getting married, so one day there where I wont have to do much work (not that Im doing much anyway!).

I was looking at the 'just married' swimmers the other day but its too late for me I think, really should have thought about these things earlier!! Im still waiting on a pair of bather bottoms from victorias secret. And my personalised coathanger. Hope they arrive before next friday otherwise it will be too late!

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:29 pm

I will hope and pray for delivery of your stuff in time K! Lucky your finishing up work. Gives you enough time to finish off all those little things.

I'm taking the 29th off as my family arrive from the UK on the night of the 28th. I'm having my teeth cleaned that day and getting my car serviced so my day is written off. Then I'm off again on Friday 3rd but I'm having my boudoir shoot done and that afternoon we go to Toowoomba for 3 days.
I'm home again on the Monday arvo which only gives me Tue, Wed to sort everything out before heading to the venue to set up & walk through on the Thursday. 8O Can you tell I'm starting to get just a wee bit worried that I haven't given myself enough time? lol. Give me strength.

Really need to find some decent swimmers. I was looking at the ones on Mi Bride & Groom but I'm not sure if I should order the size 6 or 8 because I got the shirt in an 8 and it fits me pretty well. :roll:

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:13 am

K, that sounds like you have plenty of time to get everything done. Im sure it will all work out! Try not to stress! Easier said than done I know!

I had another restless nights sleep last night, had a big fight with my 17yo sister over facaebook last night :x :x Im sooooo angry at her. God teenagers can be SO irrational! She is annoyed that she doesnt have more of a role in the wedding, but what she can understand is that there is nothing else she can do! I have twin 17yo sisters and they are both ushers at the ceremony. I have 24 yo sister who is a bridsmaid. The youngers ones are peed they arent bridesmaids, but you cant please everyone! One of FH's sister is a 3rd usher and his other sister is doing a reading. No one is excluded. And as if you can have a 17yo do a reading about love and marriage :roll: :roll:
Ugh. She is just being so self centered 'but we are your sisters'- yes you are, but FH has 2 sisters too. And our mums want to be part of the ceremony. What does she expect me to do! GRRR!!

Enough of a rant. I need to calm down and prepare for another job interview this morning! Enjoy your day ladies!!

And CONGRATS to Dan and the other 18th Dec girls on their 1 month to go!!! :heart:

ashnroo

Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:13 pm

Hey everyone, a bit late for me to come into it all. I am getting married 31 December :) We got together 31 December 2005, so we thought keeps the dates all together will make it easier to remember down the track haha.

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:37 pm

Never too late ashnroo!
Tell us a bit about your plans and where you are getting married :D

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:41 pm

Welcome ashnroo!! Never too late, we can't wait to hear about your plans! NYE will be very special for a wedding - my proposal was on NYE so I think it's pretty special. :mrgreen:

My Dad spent today chasing up the three non-repliers for our RSVPs today. He couldn't get hold of 2/3 but the one he did talk to didn't recieve their invite! Damn!! Everyone else seems to have done so, not sure what happened. They are friends of my parents. They will be coming but mum has asked me to whip up an invite for them, so I'll need to do that tomorrow.

I'm handing over the last of my reports and portfolio items tomorrow, can't wait for that to be over, then it's less than 4 weeks to go and plenty to do! I need to get out my list and start working on it!

My BMs came over and tried their dresses on today - they only need small alterations which is fantastic news. They looked amazing in them too :heart:

What a shame about your sister K, hope she cools down over it soon. Can't be easy having twin teenage sisters!!

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:26 pm

Sorry to highjack ladies but I really need to have a quick rant!

I sent through the table layout to my parents just now. BIG mistake. They took one look at the bridal table and my mother started pulling rank talking about traditionally my father sits next to me and she sits next to my FH blah blah blah.

This normally wouldn't be a problem BUT FH was adamant that he sat next to his Mother - and we worked out the rest of the seating from there as follows:

BM MOH MOB FOB Bride Groom MOG FOG GM GM

So now I'm busting blood vessels over it because I know FH will get p*ssed off about it but either won't say anything (he'll just ignore my mother on the night) OR he'll go apesh*t over it at my parents which will make things soooo uncomfortable.

*sighs* I tell you, I'm so over dealing with my parents for this wedding. We should have told them they couldn't pay for a single thing or just eloped I swear. :e_wall:

Ok.....I'm done.

NN

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:33 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Kach :e_hug:. Could you perhaps say to your mother that even thought they are contributing and you appreciate it all very very very much, you feel that the sitting arrangement she suggests undermined his parents as his mother also would like to and deserves to be sitting next to her son?

I hope you do work it out, I am all for compromises but people have to compromise just as much as you.

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:54 pm

That sucks Kach (though I was considering whether to send our seating arrangements to the parents and you have just convinced me otherwise! :lol: ).

But in all seriousness, maybe try and tell your mum and the only request your FH had was that he got to sit next to his mother, and that you would really like to give him that. Hopefully your mum will understand.
Goodluck!!!

Brie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:32 pm

oooh i hate when mums do that. and then you've got to be careful if they are helping to pay cause they will throw that card on you. they can turn the simplest thing into the biggest drama. But i really do hope your FH wins this battle cause i doesn't seem like much to ask to sit next to your mum on the wedding day. we actually have no parents at our bridal table. they are all sitting directly in front of us :) so no dramas there.

i have 14 people still to rsvp. luckily i dont need to give numbers for another 2 weeks. just means i cant do table layouts properly or start making stuff for the reception cause i don't know names :(

kenzorose

Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:58 am

I'm getting quite stressed about my wedding suppliers. Some of them have been pretty slow in their responses to my questions. There's one especially who was really friendly in the beginning but has been quite cold for the past months. She's fantastic in what she does but I have a feeling that she doesn't like me! :| But I'm hoping that I'm just paranoid as I want to have a happy wedding day and it's too late to change suppliers. I understand she may be busy but surely it's not too much to expect a reply to my email? :cry:

emylou55
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:03 am

Its my hens night tonight girls :D
We are just having a nice dinner in the city and then hitting the clubs at crown - my sister has booked a room for us so we dont have to worry about getting home as we live over an hour away from the city.
Realy looking forward to it :D

Meeting with LBF on Tuesday - we have to take all seating arrangements, place settings, OOS, bubbles, signing books and frame, Wishing well, any decorations we have and all of our Cds for special songs. Looking forward to getting rid of the lot!!!!! We dont have a spare room at the moment!!

Glad everyones plans are coming together!!! Less than 3 weeks to go!!!

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:52 am

Hey kenzarose- I could of my suppliers have been slow in responding over the last couple of months too. I wouldnt take it personally. I think its wedding season so they are all really busy. And especially because we are already locked in they arent worried about loosing business if they take a bit longer to reply to us. Bit annoying, but all mine reply eventually, sometimes it just takes a few days. Hopefully the lady who you are worried about replies to you soon!

Have an AMAZING hens Emy!!!!! Look forward to seeing pics!!!

We just paid our final amount for our reception. Seating and table arrangements are done. We have organised our rehearsal for the wed evening before the wedding. Everything seems to be falling into place!!

2 WEEKS!!! :heart:

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:33 am

kenzorose wrote:
I'm getting quite stressed about my wedding suppliers. Some of them have been pretty slow in their responses to my questions. There's one especially who was really friendly in the beginning but has been quite cold for the past months. She's fantastic in what she does but I have a feeling that she doesn't like me! :| But I'm hoping that I'm just paranoid as I want to have a happy wedding day and it's too late to change suppliers. I understand she may be busy but surely it's not too much to expect a reply to my email? :cry:

I know the feeling kenzo, we've had the same thing happen too. But as K said, Oct/Nov are the busiest wedding months so hopefully it's just because they are all busy. I'm a bit worried about our limo. They are paid in full and after sending the original "this is what we NEED" email with a list of the trips we need at the beginning, FH has handled the rest. He spoke to them again last night and he STILL had to repeat everything to them. And then FH told them the wrong thing, so I was really annoyed with them both :e_wall:

Have a fantastic hens emy!! Enjoy it!

We have our meeting with our venue today to discuss final numbers, menu, drinks etc etc etc. All the little ins-and-outs. A bit exciting! Then hop in the car for a 3 hour drive down south to a friend's engagement party. Exhausting! How exciting about paying yours off K, we'll be doing that today too!

Brie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:52 pm

hey dan we're getting married on the same weekend. what do you have left to do??
I'm mainly worried about getting the little name cards done and table numbers and seating and stuff like that for the reception.
still got to find guest book for signatures.

i only have 2 couples to ask about rsvps! both on FH side so i dont have phone numbers - damn! i had some unexpected rsvps but its all good! very happy with the way things are going!

Put some pics of the hens up emy!

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:18 am

Hey Brie
This is my to-do list

- do our table seating arrangements
- design the table seating poster/get it printed/find a frame for it
- print our menus
- hang crystals from our centerpieces
- make labels and tags for a few things, like our wishing tree, rose petal baskets etc
- fill our bonbon boxes when the fortune cookies arrive!
- tie ribbons onto the bottom of our ceremony fans
- complete our bathroom baskets
- buy a few more honeymoon clothes!
- finalise our ceremony wording
- make colouring book for my 2nd cousin
- make rose petal cones
- print place cards
- arrange thank you gifts for our parents

So just little fiddly stuff really :) Hope it doesn't take too long for your RSVPs to come back. In the end, we only had to chase up one. We found out that one invite didn't arrive and we also discovered a missing rsvp card, so it was only one who didn't get in touch, but dad called him.

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:24 pm

*stalking for pics of Emys hens* :mrgreen: (I saw some on fb, but I want to see more! :mrgreen: )

How is everyone feeling, Im starting to get really excited!! I left FH a big list of wedding related things to do at home today, lets hope I come home to lots of things crossed off! We also attempted to pack our bags on the weekend- mine is pretty much full already and I still need to fit in heaps more clothes for the honeymoon! 8O

I really struggling to concentrate on anything other than weddings at the moment. I plan to leave work early every day this week- going to get my eyebrows waxed and hair cut this arvo- I finish in 4 days so I cant exactly get in trouble now for slacking off if they do find out! :lol:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.06