A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

NN
I survived and got married

Re: December 2010

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:41 pm

Hello Girls,

We have been absolutely stoked to be going on holidays in saying that I have two different feelings regarding the wedding, from one side I feel excited but in a surreal way but I also feel that I'm over it as in I can't be bothered to go through all this :D. Maybe it's just because we are running to get house clean, organised and xmas decorated before my parents arrive next week. This is the first time they come to Australia and their english is not quite fluent so that's added pressure, I have my work xmas party this saturday and we have several things to do every evening and this weekend so I guess once tuesday gets here I'll be all excitement.

Naturally, dear wedding twin we are also rehearsal twins :mrgreen:.

I am also in the process of confirming and paying everything and like you, finding it hard to focus although I do have to since we have daily timesheets and clients get charged according to that.

I finished our rice organza bags for the ceremony, will take my e-ring to get soldiered with my wedding rings tomorrow, have a tan trial on wednesday, fly down to Bne on Tuesday to pick my parents up from international airport, fly back same day, rehearsal wednesday, beauty morning with my Mum on Thursday and BBQ at night, Friday go down to venue and BBQ at night, and we also have to pack it all sometime between now and then, Pfft! I got tired just thinking of it all

nettiecakes
♥ Mrs Quack ♥
♥ Mrs Quack ♥

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:36 pm

KK, i posted in another thread but try Pack & Send to get some of your stuff sent to Melb - fh and i use them heaps and they're generally A LOT cheaper than aus post

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Yamile- of course we are rehearsal twins too! :mrgreen:
Im sure you are probably feeling over it all because there is still so much to do, and so much running around for you by the sounds of it. I was feeling like that a couple of weeks back with the stress of sh!t people annoying me, but Im over that now and just feeling excited!! Next week will be busy though, and my new boss has asked me to help get an ethics application done asap because they cant start paying me when I start the new job until its done. I dont mind at all, its just a matter of fitting it into next weeks schedule! At least it will give me something non wedding to focus on!

Nettie- thanks for the recc! At this stage we are hoping to fit it all in, otherwise my BM who is flying over for the wedding offered to take some stuff for us, so we SHOULD be ok. If not though, I will keep it in the back of my mind! :mrgreen:

p.s. Yamile, I totally get you with the excited in a surreal way! Its really weird!

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:27 am

:e_wall: :e_wall: 2 late minute pull outs from interstate guests. One of FHs friends and one of FH's uncle's partner. Seriously people, this is a fricken wedding, not some slap together party, we have been planning this for 2 years, is it that hard to get your fricken act together!! why rsvp and then pull out at the last second!?
Oh well, final amount already paid and seating charts already submitted, too late to change it now so there will be 2 empty seats at the reception!!
Im past the point of caring anymore, I just cant wait to marry my gorgeous man and spend the day with those who are important to us! :heart:

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:32 pm

I'll second that K! Sorry to hear you've had pullouts. I also got an email from my Ma this morning to say 'don't be surpised if such & such don't turn up as they can't get accommodation'. They've already RSVP'd and have had 8 freakin weeks to organise somewhere to stay! ARGH! Frustration. I know exactly how you feel.

Not too worry though girls. Hectic-ness is beginning for all of us - my Bro & his family land form the UK late on Sunday night. I've got Monday off, back to work for three days, then Friday off for my boudoir shoot. I'm soooooo tired! And it won't slow down over the next 17 days.

8O

OMG.....17 DAYS! EEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!! Keep the goal in mind ladies.....we WILL make it to our perfect days and marry our amazing men. :D :tick:

SummerMoon

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:52 am

Hi All!!
Have had no internet for the last two weeks... doing my head in! i swear i was going to kill someone at telstra...think thats the only 'Bridezilla" moment ive had. :oops: Things have been going crazy crazy! Our caterer cancelled, got to love it, with the b*llsh*t excuse of, i think its all going to be a bit much for me... :roll: well ya wanna tell us that when we had meetings and stuff? In the process off getting another one, but its blown the budget i can tell you!
Think ive got most other things done, as we are having the reception at home, im having to do soooo much stuff i didnt think of. Also the shop have stuffed up my wedding band and they have sent it back, second time, the first time it was made wonky and terrible and they didn't bother to check it first before calling me and then when i got there and pointed it out, they freaked took it off me and sent it back..only to be made completely different to the original. I dint think they are going to like when i go in there next week when it come back cos im going to cancel the whole order if im not happy cos they have been stuffing me around since last month and i really dont have the time anymore, and its the only thing really worrying me! 8O
Have the flowers sorted and paid for. Cake sorted and paid for.Have our service done by the celebrant. Have suits ordered and paid. Have flower girls dresses here and there shoes. awaiting delivery of my dress and BM's dresses due to arrive next week...Most of my rsvp's are in. We are having no kids at the reception, thats caused a few issues. but im older than FH and this is my second marriage and i have two kids that are never invited to things anyway so you know what-NO KIDS and if there are any there i WILL ASK them to leave :x If they can throw etiquette out the window SO CAN I, ive warned FH i will and i dont care. I would rather say something and embarrassed the person blatantly ignoring my wishes, then back biting crap of so and so brought there kids afterwards....you know the type, i had to get a babysitter....blah blah blah. no excuse,cant get a sitter, dont come. I have said children are welcome at the service- its in a park, so then if people cant get sitters or dont want to,they can come watch the wedding anyway.
I am having my hens night on 4th Dec...im a bit excited :D :D hopefully it will all turn out ok. my Mil is coming so that will be interesting, she invited herself. We are going pole dancing, then to dinner and then the girls have some stuff planned for me....interesting...LMAO! im a bit excited but apprehensive aswell. Still have to make all the table names and seating chart stuff, not too stressed, dh works away so i can turn the table in artland any nights i want.

** Also i wanted to say---as brides we have so much to organize, as guests all they have to is - RSVP or book accommodation.......IS IT SO FREAKING HARD!!?? seriously i share the frustration of the crap excuse of its all booked.....gee.....how long have you had the invite???

nettiecakes
♥ Mrs Quack ♥
♥ Mrs Quack ♥

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:00 am

SpecialKK wrote:
:e_wall: :e_wall: 2 late minute pull outs from interstate guests. One of FHs friends and one of FH's uncle's partner. Seriously people, this is a fricken wedding, not some slap together party, we have been planning this for 2 years, is it that hard to get your fricken act together!! why rsvp and then pull out at the last second!?
Oh well, final amount already paid and seating charts already submitted, too late to change it now so there will be 2 empty seats at the reception!!
Im past the point of caring anymore, I just cant wait to marry my gorgeous man and spend the day with those who are important to us! :heart:

I'LL COME :lol:

NN

Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:00 pm

How is everyone going?

Brie, have you been flat out working six days a week, we haven't seen much of you lately. How is your baby?

Good luck for the hens this weekend for those girls that have that.

Specialkk, I don't know if you are going to be here much after you fly to Melbourne but I wanted to say that i hope you have a wonderful time, I wish you all the best not only for your wedding day but your whole marriage. :heart: Enjoy your honeymoon too and come back and tell us all about it all, we'd love to see piccies.

As for me, we are almost there, busy schedule next week when my parents get here so I won't be on here as often but I should be able to stop sometime, I think. :wink:

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:20 pm

nettiecakes wrote:
SpecialKK wrote:
2 late minute pull outs from interstate guests. One of FHs friends and one of FH's uncle's partner. Seriously people, this is a fricken wedding, not some slap together party, we have been planning this for 2 years, is it that hard to get your fricken act together!! why rsvp and then pull out at the last second!?
Im past the point of caring anymore, I just cant wait to marry my gorgeous man and spend the day with those who are important to us!

I'LL COME

:heart:

Summer- sounds like you are right on track, and stick to your guns with the child issue, its your day!!

Yamile- thankyou, you are very sweet!! The same to you, I hope your day (and your future for that matter) is perfect and just how you have dreamed :heart: . Dont worry, you cant get rid of me that easily, I will be around next week! Have to post photos from my hens!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: And Im sure there will be spare time to chill out next week on WC- I hope! Hey, I REALLY should be finishing packing my bags and cleaning the **** out of the house but im on WC!! Well, Im waiting for FH to bring us home subway for lunch then I will get into it! Might not get on tomorrow before my hens on sat though, so I shall see all you girls after a debaucherous night! :mrgreen:

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:47 am

Have a ball K! I know you will and I shall stalk patiently for some naughtly photos :wink:

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:10 am

Ugh, guests pulling out is a nightmare, hope it doesn't happen for any more of you ladies Seriously guests, it's not that hard!!

Have a fantastic hens and a good flight across to Melb K - enjoy your wedding week!!

Sorry to hear abour your caterer summer moon, thats terribly unprofessional of her!!

I'm getting a little annoyed with a few things. Trying to find my 'inner zen' and relax about them, but with 3 weeks out, seriously, how hard is it to reply to our emails??!!

Still waiting to hear from our celebrant. When we signed our NOIM back in August he said he'd put a draft ceremony together then - despite constant emails since, he's still working on it. I emailed him on Tuesday and still haven't heard back. :e_wall: He has a great reputation, but I'm getting a little peeved about this now! As for our limo company, they suck! :lol: They're all pretty quick to reply before they are paid, now they are paid they don't seem to care :evil:

On the positive, the DJ, venue, hair and make up and horse drawn carriage are all pretty good, thank heavens!

My bridesmaids had 2 jobs - find shoes and get alterations. They've done neither at 3 weeks to go. They're all amazing but busy with their own lives, I'm just really worried they are running out of time. One of the girls and I are going to look at a pair on Saturday, if they fit us both in standard sizings then we'll just buy the pairs for the other two girls!

Brie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:08 pm

Hey girls
Yamile - your right it's been crazy on my side. 3 weeks to go today. i'm resigning from my weekend job the weekend before the wedding :) ive kept looking at the page but i dont have the time to reply well more that i dont have the energy too hehe my beautiful baby is good. we both got the cold thats going around so we have nasty coughs but FH is healthy and looking after us both. I'm trying to get her tame so i can do her hair for the wedding - but still nothing can be done with her hair!

Dande - i couldnt agree more with you about the suppliers being quick to reply until they have their money. maybe we should all work on a - you get half your money now and if you do a good job you can have the other half after the wedding LOL that would get them moving.

still waiting on 6 rsvps! phoning again today. taking the cutting machine thing from work this weekend to make my little triangular table numbers/menu/thank you poems for the tables. waiting on a friend to print off my names so i can make name places.

less then a month to xmas. who's stupid idea was it to get married a week b4 xmas. stupid stupid EXPENSIVE! chaotic!
but fun!!!

CAN'T WAIT!

Brie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:27 pm

Grr
Im a bit peeved
My dj just emailed me. We couldn’t meet with them until december cause they didn’t want to meet til then. And now they just emailed me to say they have set aside a time to meet with us and its either thurs or fri 11-3
Wtf
Don’t they know people work???

blah

SummerMoon

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:53 pm

Seems like im having one of those moments... :evil: I'm so over this ..........

Got the new caterer quote and its massive, im hoping with a little negotiation we can shave a bit off, they have quoted a few things we dont need. Im soo stressed about my wedding ring. if it comes back wrong this time i KNOW im going to cry in the shop! :cry: and im so worried that ifs its wrong they wont change it and i'm sooo stressed and i have to wait till next week and ive already cried three times and im upset even thinking about it now :e_pray: Got my wedding dress pictures, its not really like the picture but ironically i dont really care, thats the one thing im like-its a dress, meh, its the whole picture, i love the florist and her work, love my shoes, my hairdresser is my second mum, so i know that will be right. im doing my make-up (im a hairdresser/mary kay consultant) and my bridesmaids dresses are gorgeous at the end of the day a white dress is a white dress, im the only one who knows its meant to be a bit different. Fh and i keep bickering at each other, cos he works away and im having to do it all on my own and its doing my head in at times!
:twisted:
I must be going insane cos i was chuckling to mysef in the kitchen today thinking-oh well we should just put the barbie on and have sausage in bread!!!........ :e_wall:

SummerMoon

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:36 pm

just checking in...having a bad day..grr.

Brie- i hope you managed something with the Dj
Dande- Thats a bit poor of your celebrant i thought mine was late as i only got it about 1-2 weeks ago. Hopefully it will be perfect first time around!
kk-Hope your flight was good and that youve had a great weekend with your girls! Crappy about the pullouts..its not nice!
kachward- i hope your photo shoot went well

To everyone else, its nearly December 8O :D 8O ahhhhhhhhhhhh seeing the tickers sooo CLOSE!!

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:28 pm

Sorry to hear your day hasn't been the best Summer, hope things improve!

K has posted some of her hens photos on facebook, looks like she had an amazing time which is awesome! :heart:

That is so frustrating about your DJ Brie, we've had similar happen too, where they have wanted us for meetings during work hours, it's simply not possible in my job to take time off like that!

Yep, really peeved at celebrant, photographer and make-up at the moment, especially the first two! Paid almost a week ago (large amounts too!) and no acknowledgement they recieved our payments or responses to our questions either. Grr. Very, very frustrating. Will be calling them tomorrow, hope it goes well!!

Had my Kitchen Tea today - utterly fantastic! Photos are on my mum's camera and I wont get them til tomorrow so I'll wait until then, but I had a lovely afternoon!

Under 3 weeks for us now Brie, and under a week for Yamile and K, WOW! So close now!

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:27 am

Hey girls!!

Sorry to hear about your supplier problems, ours have all been really good recently, luckily!

So I had an absolute BALL at my hens night!!! So much fun!! Everyone went to so much effort with the costumes, it was fantastic!! My sister did such a good job of organising it all. The hummer limo was awesome!! We were stopped at lights and we saw a guy in a white and gold cowboy outfit- must have been on his bucks. so we stuck our head out the sun roof and were all screaming and he ran over to the limo and tried to jump in but the driver had locked the door so FMIL wound down the window and we were all screaming and whistling and he was yelling out 'its a hens night'- was hilarious! Burlesque class was AMAZING!! So much fun! Everyone really got into it, we did the peeling of the glove and all the girls had to seduce me one at a time then i had to do the same to them. We also learnt the strut and had a hula hooping contest. and then learnt how to use the feather fans! It really was fantastic! Then off to marquee where two of the girls (including FMIL!) got kicked out for being too drunk (FMIL got kicked out as she told the bouncers she would be responsible for the drunk one)! We danced and sang a long to all the classic songs. Finally got a taxi home to find mum and FMIL and FH's sisters (they had left a bit earlier than us) all at our house up drinking with mum- so we stayed up a bit longer. Luckily because i had some microwaved party pies and i think that prevented a big hangover the next morning!

All in all, best night ever! Now bring on next weekend!!!!!

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:49 am

p.s. Im getting married this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8O 8O :mrgreen:

NN

Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:59 am

SpecialKK wrote:
p.s. Im getting married this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Ohhhh, Me too!!!!! :e_clap: :e_clap: :e_clap: :e_clap: :bdance:

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:24 am

Yamile wrote:
SpecialKK wrote:
p.s. Im getting married this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Ohhhh, Me too!!!!! :e_clap: :e_clap: :e_clap: :e_clap: :bdance:

Can u believe it yet yamile, I can't!!! How are u feeling, are u all organised and ready to go?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.26