A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

lovinglyloved
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: December 2010

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:36 pm

WOW, i'm married,
i'm in such a blur of emotions my MIL called me Mrs S... today, all i did was smile, ( i was having a nanny nap)
we arrived fashionably late later than planned because on the way to the church, we realised we left the rings at the house we got ready at,
so we called someone who had keys to go back and find it.
the only other real drama is we found out too late the venue didn't have enough plates,
but luckily mum knew the caterer and was sorted out before anyone even told me..
my BMs confiscated my phone so i didn't have the stress and sorted everything out before i knew anything was wrong..
it couldn't have gone better, it sprinkled a bit but not enough to be a problem,
everyone said it was really fun, one older family friend even said it was the best wedding she'd been to.. :D :D
well we're off on our honeymoon tomorrow,
just wanted to hop on and let you all know how my day went, and wish everyone else getting married a lot of luck and i hope your day is as good as mine was..

also as were getting our location shots, Santa showed up to do Santa on the Beach, as i knew him from the local shopping centre, he stopped to get photos with us, everyone is getting bride and groom santa photos for Xmas

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:31 am

So glad you days went well girls, and I hope all of the other brides last weekend also had a perfect day!

Less than 2 weeks for us now, oh wow! Still have a few things to do - wishing tree tags and menus, but not too bad.

Brie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:17 pm

hey girls sounds great!
we got our honeymoon vaccinations today. ouch, but at least they are out of the way.
dande hows the nerves. my stomachs doing flip flops. and i dunno if its just christmas celebrations but i seem to be eating a lot more junk then normal LOL the ladies from work say im stressed. maybe i am. just need to get a few smaller things outta the way and we're all good

:)

nettiecakes
♥ Mrs Quack ♥
♥ Mrs Quack ♥

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:42 pm

im 3 weeks tomorrow! 8O

we're meeting with the venue team in the morning... what do i need to ask / tell them!? we haven't discussed much more than the menu we want.... :oops:

SummerMoon

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:58 pm

Hi

i still havent been into the shop about my ring... 8O my roof leaked in the rain i had to have people come do that instead then my car crapped out sunday night, and the lady who i need is away today, there tomorrow....im dreading it!

Congratulations to all the ladies now MRS seems like a big wedding weekend

I had my Hen's night on Saturday night-pole dancing,dinner and a scavenger hunt! It was fun,but gosh my muscle were sore from the pole dancing, i have a new appreciation i can tell you that!

Anyway, had a few more things ticked off the list, getting there slowly....

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:17 am

Hope you get your ring sorted Summer!

Yes Brie, I'm as nervous and excited as everything! Everyone we see is saying how calm and relaxed I look, which I find odd, because I don't FEEL calm and relaxed. Obviously my inner zen channeling is working in some way :lol:

Only a few things left to do for me. My mum has sewn my grandmother's engagement ring onto my keepsake garter, so I definately have my something old/new/blue sorted, just need to 'borrow' a hair pin or something from my MoH :mrgreen:

I still need to make our menus, make wishing tree tags and make signs for the wishing tree, laisee lantern and fan baskets, but that won't take too long I don't think. Everything else is sorted. We met with the DJ on monday and picked out some garter and bouquet games, but now I am not sure about them!

SummerMoon

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi Girls

Well after going into the jewelers, and seeing my wedding band, i didnt love it. My sister was with me and she wouldn't let me get it, thank god cos we looked in a few shops and i ended up getting a way better one for the same price. and i love this one so much more! Been shopping for shoes for girls, got that ticked off the list now! Done quite a few things so far this week...
Its getting closer......... 9 days till my FH finishes work, then it will really begin! arhh feel like theres soo much to do!

Take care all!

Brie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:21 pm

Hey girls!
Good news about your ring summer, im glad ur sister made you look elsewhere.

hows the weather there dande? its meant to be flooded here and my MC and one of my Bridesmaids are beginning to stress me OUTTTT asking how the weather is and saying what happens if it rains and floods and blah blah.
im like come on! ur meant to say to me that it will be ok. not me reassuring them!

apart from that things are coming together
i did a detailed time line for the girls and guys and mc

still need to make table numbers, name places, table seating. find somewhere to get my nails done, i didnt know they were so booked out. geez. need ribbons for cars, FH shoes, get a guess book, meet with the decorator, cake lady and find out arrival times of both and then my rehearsal on the 16th

yay

im so unbelievably over it.

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:35 pm

So glad about your ring Summer, glad it all worked out.

So close now Brie!! We are getting married next weekend! And less than one week for you :heart:
I'll keep my fingers crossed the weather gods smile for you, if they don't, I'm sure your day will still be wonderful!

At the moment here in Perth it's looking like it will be about 30* and perfect, couldn't ask for better. Fingers crossed it doesn't get much hotter though, but considering our venue almost burnt down last week, I'm much more accepting of anything that gets thrown at us now!

FH had his bucks tonight, how exciting!
I still have a to-do list like yours as well, really need to get onto it!

Brie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:38 pm

My to do list is getting smaller!
only have 65 more name places to make lol then hopefully thats it for the crafty side of things.
my baby girl (she's 2) had the iron fall on her head this afternoon. we had blood everywhere. so thats a trip to the hospital. she's fine. they pretty much just gave her a band aid.
but it was a scare.

so she's gonna look super attractive in the photos with a big band aid on her forehead :P

the rains meant to go away the day before the wedding but its getting hot here too up in the low 30's.

getting pretty excited now :)

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi ladies. Just dropping in to say our wedding was perfect. Had such a ball and enjoyed every single moment of it.

Hope everything is coming along for you girls yet to tie the knot. I'll be keeping an eye out or photo's! :mrgreen:

SummerMoon

Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:13 am

Hi guys! its been awhile its slowed down in here now . . .think im one of the last.
Have had the last two weeks from HELL :evil: :evil:
Firstly the marquee company were stuffing us around teribbly, things on my quote not on theirs-things on their quote not on mine. Not ONCE have they called me, i have called them everytime! and the sheer rudeness of them!! :roll: Also because our friend who was doing the catereing pulled out about 5-6 weeks ago now, i had organised another caterer who hadnt bothered to get intouch with me since 31-11....i was looking at emails yesterday. 8O They said they were busy with christmas and would be in touch with all the paperwork soon...cant have wanted my business, surely.
So after calling in a girlfriend and getting her to call the marquee people to see if it was just me, it wasnt-even she thought they were rude as hell. She left my house to go home and called into an event hire place in her town and basically opened the door and said"do you have the ability to fill this order?" they said yes. she said, call her, she'll be interested....the best thing EVER!!! They have been nothing but fantastic! :D They have redone EVERYTHING!!!and matched our quote! :D and im now getting them to do the catering aswell! i mean seriously if i havent even PAID yet..imagine what they will be like when we have!i got my FH to call up the hire people, they were a bit peeved but seriously they are the rudest company i have dealt with for anything, i did not a thing wrong! i sent an email to the caterer, they told me to email, so i did. LOL-no loss there, i hadnt even paid yet cos they hadnt told me how to , that how bad the contact was!!
So it all seem a bit strange redoing the entire thing, but i think it will be worth it!

Brie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:16 pm

summer that is wonderful news.

i bet you will be glad when the day is here and you have to just let go and enjoy it :)

put up a few pics from the wedding on my s&t as well

nettiecakes
♥ Mrs Quack ♥
♥ Mrs Quack ♥

Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:40 pm

oh wow summer that's nuts! but yay for it getting sorted :D

fh and i are running around doing all our little bits and pieces...
currently making our table number thingies...
glued centrepieces last night - trialling orchids with them tomorrow night
argh crazy

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad
Topic Author

Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Ladies this topic will now be locked as the end of December has been and gone.

Congratulations on all your weddings :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.11