A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Breesmum
I survived and got married

Re: July 2010

Thu May 20, 2010 9:05 am

hey cdn bride, dont be too anxious about it. I honestly think what has happened is someone has gotten mixed up and made my dress just as standard quality and not best quality. The dresses aren't lined how they would be in a bridal store so if support is something that our after, i'd suggest looking into a torsolette or something of the like. My dress is quite light which will probably suit me up here in Cairns but being winter here, i still get cold. We rug up in winter and tourists look at us like we're crazy, if only they knew what summer was like! lol. The applique lace and beading had to be restitched on my dress as well as it had all been hand sewn but it wasn't tight and pieces of lace were sticking up around the edges. The rouching on the bodice also finished higher than it did on the back which i was pretty peeved about because it looked so wrong. I did email them about it and all the reply I got was that we put a lot of time making your dress using the best materials. You can send it back and we can fix up the rouching for you but would you be happy with our work? Anyway.....given that i seem to be the only one on here whinging about it, I dont think that you would have a problem with all the other girls being so happy with their dresses.

My alterations lady has cut the front panel off my dress and turned it around diagonally so it will now sit up at the hip. It was going to create a gab so I put some chantily lace and we've put in a panel of that which will only show through when i walk. It has a small glimmer to it too so im hoping in the sunlight it will look pretty. Even just pinning it together I now love it and with all the lace being sewn on properly it has made a huge difference, I'm now feeling excited about my dress. The only downfall is the $200 its costing me in getting the alterations done and the fact that I had to buy a new hoop. The one that i bought that D sent over was so tiny, i think it was bad customer service of theirs to actually send to me.

bride2beinJuly - good luck for the 3rd of July. My 5.5 year old son is walking me down too. Seemed alot more appropriate than my dad.
Do u have any pic of your dress? Ebay bargains are great!

RSVPS - I have one couple friend of mine well actually I should say her and her fiancee who one minute they are coming, the next they aren't and he keeps changing his mind. They are talking about planning their wedding now for next year so one would think that they would understand about RSVP'ing etc and that you can't just chop and change. The thing that grates me is that they have known about this since last year, September i sent out the STD's and early in the year i sent out the invites so its not like they have't had enough time to discuss it and make a decision. She wants to come but she has to talk him into it.

anyway need to get the kids ready, school run and birthday shopping for my dd.

Breesmum

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:12 am

Hey everyone,

Its been a while since anyone has posted in here. For those of us still lurking around reading the boards, I just wanted to wish you all a fabulous day.
I can't believe that July is on our doorstep. I'm starting to feel excited, nervous, a tad stressed, self concious all at the same time. I truly dont believe that the impact of how big a day it is has hit me yet.

I hope the day is everything you dreamed of and I can't wait to see some pics of the day.

jestar85

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:40 am

Hey breesmum!
9 days! omg! good luck to you too :)

Breesmum

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am

woohoo single digits!
i still havent decided on music either lol

christabelle
C-WOWW
C-WOWW

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:29 pm

OMG. 3 more sleeps

I only chose my music the other day. Hopefully everything is organised but I will find out on Sunday!

Good luck ladies xo

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad
Topic Author

Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:20 pm

Ladies, this thread will now be locked as the end of July has been and gone :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.53