A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

stephbrown77
I need a title
I need a title

Re: July 2010

Sun May 10, 2009 3:10 pm

hi, so im not sure with the pink yet, prefer dusty pink though i have heard it can be hard to find that colour on particular things. will have to talk to FH about it, but i think we would stick with mocha, champagne, latte- those sort of colours as they are easier to co-ordinate and in 30years time we wont be thinkin- why did i coose that colour?? but if its just a small amount of colour like dusty pink on the ribbon on BM dress, on little ribbons used for the bubble wands or favors and maybe a litle on the invite i think it would look good! let you know how it goes with FH regarding the colours!!

dress shoppin wasnt that great. went to one place (the only other one was already closed) and tried on 5 dresses. i liked 2 but they weren't 'the one' so might look again this weekend at the coast!

i think definately go with your gut instinct on this. its such an important part of the whole wedding, and you cant afford it to stuff up so definately look around. i like holiday inn, it looks new or renovated which is always good. do you know which room your thinking about? how many guests again? at least email communication is fast, most people tend to slack on the emails and just take phone calls, so great.

you could definately try to ask for a pic, even if they give you the suppliers details or just send a pic of the dress itself they might do it, and once they explain that you (the bride) lives whatever distance away they may allow it. how else would they help with long distance betwen brides and BM's. it is a common thing.

happy mothers day, i did get spoilt, slept in, had brekky in bed (pancakes with strawberries and a cuppa, YUM), and just been elaxing for the rest of the day! is this your first bub on the way or do you already have kids/? well either way hope you are having a good day!

Breesmum
I survived and got married

Mon May 11, 2009 10:52 am

oh go and have a look at the bridal factory. There is a store at East Gosford and then there also the other store up at Somersby where their dresses are apparently under $1000 - well thats what it says on the website. Last time i went in there they had some really nice stuff but mind you that was nearly 3 years ago now. My bm always raves about it though.
Yep was just thinking of the dusty pink for the ribbons, not the full dresses.

I'm liking the holiday inn too atm, but also looking at one of the breweries up here, they have seperate function rooms. Fh went there the other night for a few drinks and said it was really nice so he got me some info :) Most of the hotels are like that up here, some a bit more lavish than others. All of cairns is just aimed at the tourists, sometimes it can get a bit too much. We have around 60 on our guest list but im only thinking that maybe we'll have around 40ish turn up. Some are overseas guests too. Will prob decide which room on the day. I'm thinking either the dunbar or lakefield room.

No not first pregnancy. I have 3 other children so this is number 4 for us. mothers day was nice here. had a relaxing day and also got to have my nanna nap! Fh filled my twilight addiction and i got a voucher for a massage....noice!

I'm starting to second guess my red dress decision. Least i got some time to think about it anyway.

stephbrown77
I need a title
I need a title

Mon May 11, 2009 12:15 pm

oh im writing this again, my computer just lost that long post i spent ages writing on...

so. i am so checking out the bridal factory on sat morning, tamworth just has nothing :( omg my day is that packed with 3 reception venue inspections, 2 ceremony inspections, wedding dress and engagement dress shopping (a must as i cant find anything here and it is in 2 months). on sunday i have the expo then travelling home straight after... ooh looks like im planning another trip soon...

FH just wants to see the dusty pink colour but from what has been said so far he is happy with having it in little bits. will look on show and tell and google for a good pic!

well all the rooms liked nice at the holiday inn. at least there is so much variety up there and because its a lunch reception it will be much cheaper too! let me know how you go. we are looking into gosford and area leagues clubs too now. we thought it may have been a bit far from the entrance, but our guest are coming from woy woy and the entrance so its kinda in between i guess. see how we go!

4 kids.. i dont know how you do it. i have only 2 but sometimes they can be a handful. i think its great you can do it. congrats. how old are your kids, boys or girls?? happy you had a great mothers day, im into twilight too. havent read the book YET but seen the movie, i cant wait til the others come out!

about the dress, if you think you may regret having the chance to wear the white dress i think change. red dress was an awesome idea, bt the truth is, you can really only wear white one day of your life. i wanted champagne goldur but now im goin to ivory instead because i think i will regret it. do what feels right to you.

Almost
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 11, 2009 3:16 pm

Hi ladies another July 2010 bride to be here! Im getting hitched on the 3rd... i havent had a chance to read the first 3 pages yet so i will go and do that now but just thought i would say hi!!! :D

stephbrown77
I need a title
I need a title

Mon May 11, 2009 3:43 pm

hey there...finally there is another, now thats 3 lol!! im getting married on the 10th on the central coast (but from tamworth). where are you getting married?
have you booked anything yet? i havent although i do have inspections on saturday so fingers crossed something gets booked!

Almost
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 11, 2009 3:56 pm

hi Stephbrown77,

Im getting married in Darwin, we have booked the celebrant have picked out the location for the ceremony, just need to contact the council to see if we need permits etc (its on a grassy area that leads to the beach) when i get home from work i will post some pics!! We have pencilled in a booking for the reception but they are renovating and they will finish in March 2010 so i cant really inspect it until its finished, but its well known to us and just beautiful (it will be on the lawns we are having an outdoor wedding :D ) here is a link to the venue: http://www.tracyvillage.com.au/beer-garden.php and it is very kid friendly!!!! For our wedding colours we are having Royal Blue and silver. I have picked out a few dresses that i like but i want to wait till ive lost weight then try them on to see what suits me best, i cant wait!! its great motivation!!!

Good luck with your inspections!!! hope you find something perfect!!!!

stephbrown77
I need a title
I need a title

Mon May 11, 2009 7:01 pm

hey, tracey village looks so nice outside too, and good for the kids. im thinkin about making up a kids corner in the reception room as their will be almost ten kids under 5years. just small tables, colour-in books and pencils, and maybe a tv and dvd player so they can watch a movie (that distracts them for an hour lol) i dont think it would take up much space but it helps out all the parents too, including me. the last thing i want is my kids throwing a tantrum for us to do things for them in the middle of our first dance (im thinkin too far ahead lol). it seems like your doin good with the weight loss. i havent started and i think its goin to be so hard as i am so lazy..

we have worked out our colours, like a mocha (i think its mocha) colour with hints of dusty pink (like BM shoes for starters). will post some pics soon. i like the royal blue and silver, sounds great.

Almost
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 12, 2009 10:57 am

Hi,
Making a kids corner sounds like a fantastic idea!!! We will be having close to 30 kids at the reception (FH and i have 2 together and he has 1 boy from a previous relationship) At the reception venue they have a playground and then a kids room that has playstation for the older kids. So im very happy with that!! Thanks for your comments about the weightloss, i had a big blow out last week as i went to my FSIL hens night and ate and drank way too much, but thats ok ive gotten right back into it!! You should be right i found once i dragged myself to go walking after a few days i was actually looking forward to getting out and about. Good luck!!!

Love your colours!!! Thats what my Brother and FSIL are having for their wedding (this weekend im so excited!!!)

stephbrown77
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 12, 2009 10:40 pm

hey
so i joined calorieking.com.au and am startin tomorrow so hope i start showing results soon. i have never done the whole calorie count before, so im looking forward to it... i dont really have time do do exercise, im trying to get half hour of fitness dvds going of a night but thats just theory lol!

i am not positive on the mocha colour, i think it might be too dark for what i want but i cant think of any other colour. im not too sure what champagne and dusty pink would look like so i will see how that works. id love to see pics from your sil wedding, of the bridal party to see how the colours worked out, if you could.
have fun

Breesmum

Wed May 13, 2009 12:25 am

welcome almost :)

haven't forgotten about this thread,just very tired tonight and struggling to keep my eyes open.

will pop in again in the morning.

night

stephbrown77
I need a title
I need a title

Thu May 14, 2009 7:39 pm

hi,
so i bought more stuff today, well only bubble wands of ebay. they were so cute (had love heart on end of want where i can tie the ribbon onto) i just couldnt resist! oh and got un update on my parasols and guest book i ordered from putitoutthere, the status is DELIVERING! yay so within 10 days!! and less than 2 days until i look at ceremony and reception places!! so excited..

anyone else have any wedding or other goss??

stephbrown77
I need a title
I need a title

Sun May 17, 2009 6:54 pm

hey girls,
so guess what.. im not a july bride anymore.. we have moved it forward to feb 13th instead as the vineyard will be nice and pretty in summer and not so nice in winter!! im sure we will still be in touch in the 2010 thread tho...

Almost
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 18, 2009 11:11 am

thats great that your date has been moved forward :D
I had my brothers wedding on saturday, it was soooooooo beautiful!!! i cried, so i can only imagine how much of a mess im going to be at my own wedding 8O

jen86

Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:38 pm

FH and I went and paid our deposit and booked our wedding in today for 3rd July 2010!!!! So excited!!!! :D :D :D :D

Almost
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:34 pm

Your getting married the same day as me, Jen86 :D
Where are you getting married?

jen86

Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:33 pm

Oh yay!!!! I'm getting married in Gippsland Victoria. Where will you be tying the not Almost??

Almost
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:11 pm

We are getting married in Darwin. We brought our first wedding purchase last week, save the date magnets! They turned out so great, i got them off ebay. They are great for the family down south, so they have enough notice for the wedding.

eva2010
Almost there
Almost there

Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:24 pm

Hi there!

I'm a July bride too :) Getting married on the 10th, in Denmark (Europe)
I've got the dress already :D And we're getting my FH's outfit made too. We live in China, so it's all cheap and easy. Hope to hear some Australian traditions from you girls! (I'm Danish :heart: )

rails

Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:13 pm

Hi Girls,

I'm a July 2010 Bride as well. Just found this site last night and has been such a help already. I am from Geelong, Victoria so I really am having a winter wedding. Have lots of stuff already organised so excited but there are 364 days to go. Have been engaged 5 weeks so novelty hasn't worn off at all. Hope you are all going well with your plans :D

Danni7

Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi Everyone!

we have booked our wedding for 6th July 2010!

I have found my dress and been measured for it, found the BM dresses and booked the venue and cars.... next for me is Photography and Celebrant!

ETA * sorry guys must have been really tired when I wrote this... its actually June not July! Silly me
Last edited by Danni7 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.53