A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

cadburygirl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: July 2010

Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:38 pm

stephbrown77 wrote:
hi,
so i bought more stuff today, well only bubble wands of ebay. they were so cute (had love heart on end of want where i can tie the ribbon onto) i just couldnt resist! oh and got un update on my parasols and guest book i ordered from putitoutthere, the status is DELIVERING! yay so within 10 days!! and less than 2 days until i look at ceremony and reception places!! so excited..

anyone else have any wedding or other goss??

hey steph

can i ask where you purchases the bubble wands? Ive been searching on ebay and cant find anyone selling them? :)

mummy2manda

Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:44 pm

Hi girls
I'm getting married in July on the gold coast :)

I'm in the process of getting my Save the date cards sorted, it's taking longer than expected!! I'm pretty undecided on how i want them to look!

anyway, i'm hoping to get them ordered in the next week or so
Last edited by mummy2manda on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jhilik
cupcake?
cupcake?

Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:59 pm

Hi ladies,

I haven't got my reception/ceremony date fixed yet, but have my heart set on July 24th. Fingers crossed!

mummy2manda: I'm planning on making save the date magnets by designing 'business cards' with vistaprint (they currently have 250 cards for free, you just pay for postage) and ordering adhesive magnets from aussiemagnets. They have quite a few designs available, and you can alter the text to suit you.

Thank you stephbrown77 for recommending putitoutthere - the parasols are really cheap! I'm definitely getting mine from there.

Take care all,

jhilik

mummy2manda

Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:35 am

Thanks jhilik I have ended up ordering my save the dates from Vistaprint, but in postcard style. I got 100 of them with envelopes for $35 I'm so stoked with them as I ended up designing them myself :D Just waiting for them to arrive in the mail now! Then I can get them sent out yayayay

Jess_h

Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:27 pm

Your all so organised!!!
I've done nothing!!! Athough on the bright side, we are just having a ceremony with our parents and a huge party a few weeks later, but am thinking I had better get my butt into gear :)

Jess_h

Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:30 pm

Oops, forgot to say 7th July is the set date :heart:

cubicalbinkie

Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:23 am

Hi girls!!
So yesterday I finally confirmed our booking, had abit of mucking around with dates for the venue we wanted so it will now be Fri 2nd July 2010!!
I also locked in the caterer and photographer!

What else should I be doing right about now?? Celebrant and ceremony location? and leave the rest for a few months!?

Shellah

Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:39 pm

Hi everyone,

Put me down for July 3, 2010! I've got the reception and church locked down.

I've got the bombonieres and wedding dress sorted. The bridal party and all overseas family/friends have been notified.

We're in the process of finding a photographer and dresses for the BMs & flower girl. I've left the groomsmen attire up to the FH :?

I've been told not to worry too much about the rest but can't help but fret! Is there anything else I need to do now?

martini
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:38 pm

Hello,

Can I join in the July 2010 thread too?? It'll be so exciting to have people to plan with. So far, we have the reception and ceremony venues and I have my dress. I am in the process of researching photographers. I think I am annoying FH with my billion questions I bombard him with everyday, so I think that I will ease off a bit for the moment.

Have a good night :D

Breesmum
I survived and got married

Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:22 pm

thought i'd rejoin the ranks again. we are getting married 10th July in Cairns.
So who else do we have in here?

proud_darwinite
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:36 pm

I'm getting married july 31st in darwin!

Breesmum

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:33 pm

Congrats and Welcome to the forum. Darwin in July would be nice.

cdnbride

Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi! Just found this thread, I'm also getting married July 31. My FH is Australian, and we live here, but I'm Canadian and so we're getting married in Montreal where my family and most of my friends are. Organising things from here can be a little tricky. I'm also in Alice Springs, and our range for wedding dresses is a bit limited... I've decided to buy a duosheng dress because I really cannot justify $2000-$3000 for something I will only wear a few hours, but I still need to try on the dresses I'm interested in, to make sure I do like them (they look slightly different on waffer-thin models in magazines). Has anyone else bought a dress that they haven't tried on? I've tried on Ella and Essence gowns, both I really liked, but I like part of one and part of another. There's a Maggie Sottero gown that seems to incorporate both parts of the other dresses, but no supplier in Alice. What do you think?

Other than that latest drama, I've booked the recpetion and ceremony venue (outside at a Maple Sugar Venue, with beatiful gardens) as well as the DJ, the minister and the photographer (but now I'm having second thoughts about him, as I can't see his portfolio and have to rely on online galleries).

Breesmum

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:20 pm

Hey cdnbride. welcome to the July thread.

I'm going to be getting a duosheng dress aswell. I've gone out and tried a few on. We are in Cairns so again limited. Duosheng can make a dress based on a picture if its not on their website so what i've been doing is trawling the net for a pic similar to the dress that i want made. They can also incoroporate two dresses as well.

Canada sounds really nice. We have rellos over there but i haven't been there yet. Fh has many times though.

Hopefully we can get this thread up and running. I'm getting lonely lol.

cdnbride

Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:10 am

Hi Breesmum,
have you ordered your dress yet? It's a bit nerve-wrecking, as I keep envisioned it coming in pieces and looking really, really cheap, but I haven't heard anything bad yet from anyone and I really cannot justify the expense, when everything else asssociated with our "special day" is so expensive. Are you getting married in Cairns? Haven't been there yet, but I think it's a lot like Darwin in terms of weather (?)

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:06 pm

Hi everyone

I will hopefully be a July 2010 bride but still waiting on the ring although should be pretty close now, hehe. I'm 21 and my partner is 22. We have two little girls together and have been together since year 7 of high school. I'm a medical student and he is a stay at home Dad during the day and runs poker games at the clubs a few night a week.

I have always had my heart set on a winter wedding in 2010 (well since I thought I would marry him) because our 10 year anniversary is the end of June. Plus I will be in my second last year of uni which I think will be less hectic than my last year and that way I can change my name and be Dr his-last-name when I graduate. We had a discussion the other night about this and I explained that he will need to propose by the end of the year because 6 months is about the least amount of time I could plan a wedding in and he said "Hmm... I'll see what i can do".

I was just wondering if people are including elemnets of winter in their theme? I am most likely going with a winter theme although I live in Coffs which doesn't really get that cold and there is definately no snow around, lol. We have lots of family coming from Sydney which i know is a lot colder than Coffs over winter. Do you think they would find it weird if they come here thinking wow this is such nice weather then I try an pull off a winter wedding?

cdnbride

Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:54 pm

Well July in Canada is actually summer... so no winter themes for me :)

Breesmum

Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:44 pm

hey sorry been mia.

cdnbride.....i haven't ordered my dress yet. I want to lose another 10kgs before i do and have given myself by the end of the year. I figure even with the chineese new year, ordering around then will give me enough time if i need to get alterations done. It is hard purchasing online cause of the horror stories you hear, but i've been following the duosheng thread now for a while and i haven't heard a bad thing. infact the only bad thing i heard was a bm dress colour was wrong but thats easily sorted.

welcome sweeti3. Our wedding will prob be a mix of a tropical wedding as we are getting married in Cairns (we live here too) so can't help with the winter decorations. When i think of winter decorations i think of blues and crystal though. If you have a look at some american sites, they seem to have pretty good ideas.l

I had a dream the other night that we ended up getting married on a boat and i was wearing a black dress. nice to know the dreams are starting already. i haven't done much weddingy. just saw my bm move off to WA so been trying to spend as much time with her as i could. Went out on Sat night and had a ball.
I'm thinking though that with christmas creeping up on us that it may be time to start looking and deciding on invites. I would really just like to start collecting little things that i need, cake decorations, things for the centerpieces etc. I dont want to have to wait til the last minute even though i'm a last minute kind of girl lol.

Anyway little man just woke up so best be going.

cdnbride

Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:28 pm

I'm hoping to lose some weight too, and tone up a bit, but so far no luck! What sort of motivation / routines / diets are you trying to follow? I'm just trying to do more excercise, like riding my bike to work, and eating more sensibly, but it's impossible with a FH that can eat massive amount of food and lots of junk, so our house is full of food. I need more willpower!!

Breesmum

Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:01 am

I'm not actually doing anything at the moment. i have 4 children under 5 so i'm constantly busy. it also means that i dont have a lot of time to sit down and eat a big meal either which helps.
I say no to sweets at the moment. Sugar is my downfall but i also have to allow myself to have a treat so i opt for dark chocolate instead.

has anyone of us started a show and tell yet? want to get a few more things together before i start one.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.42