A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: June 2010

Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:05 am

Yep our theme is medieval and having it at Avalon Castle, with a medieval feast, the staff also dress in medieval garb as well, so no table linen or napkins lol, just lots of candles and candelabras and lots of ivy and greenery around, also its a full moon so hopefully that will add to the majic of the night, in our ceremony it will will medieval / Celtic, the only thing not really medieval will be my dress but am working on getting long flowing goddess sleeves made to match it in with the theme, and our guest book will have a medieval feel to it as well.
Our favours will be in little cauldrons i got last year from spotlight at Halloween, with choccy hearts, (printed with our names and in foil to match our colours) and almonds.
no photos yet so maybe i should take some and put up. my flowers atm are deep vintage colour roses with lots of ivy in a trailing bouquet, my brides maid and matron of honour are called my ladies in waiting, my flower girl is my maiden of the court and my nephews will be known as page boys heheh one will walk with his cousin (my maiden of the court) blowing bubbles and my other nephew will be ring bearer. and all the wedding party apart from me and fh play a part in the service, and not just stand there by our sides so they have to learn their lines. so lots of work but should be well worth it for our friends and family and ourselves.

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:34 pm

That sounds incredible!! I can't wait to see pictures!!! I'm not sure exactly what kind of sleeves your after, but I've come across a couple of websites where the brides wore dresses from an English Rave Dress site (sorry no idea what it is, but I'm sure you could google it), and the dresses looked quite medieval.. so they might have sleeves in something that you were thinking? Ha ha that looks so odd reading it back! But yeah, once the dresses were removed from a rave concept, and moved to a bridal, they really looked awesome, and they had wicked sleeves. So I highly recommend googling it. If you can't find it, I'm sure one of the brides had been on http://www.offbeatbride.com

Good luck!

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:17 am

Not a lot to report as such, made up some table menus, hope they don't change it lol. I finally finished the guest book. Still need to go to spotlight and get a child's patten for robes so i can make one up for the flower girl. Still need to make one for my dad as well. Made mine so the others should be easy. Still looking for the right sleeves.
Thats about all for now, oh i got some flowers so will play with them until i get something i like.

Hope all your plans and dreams are going smoothly.

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:10 am

Well i have been playing around with my flowers are they are going in the direction i want, but still not that happy with them.There is a lot of ivy, thats to keep with the medieval theme,my hair will also have ivy trailing thru it.

Still have a few things to do like the flower girl basket to cover and line, buy rose petals and bubbles, going to have my nephew walk up the aisle with my niece the flower girl and she can drop / scatter the petals and he can blow bubbles, so he wont feel left out as his brother will be ring bearer. I have a little wooden box that i have DIY so my ring will fit nicely into it,
Thinking of changing the gold to green so my ring shows up more :?
This is all i have for now.

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:52 pm

I like it! I agree with the ring box, I think green would def make you ring stand out more! (therefore heaps snazzier for pictures!!)

drinkyoupretty
little red dot in oz
little red dot in oz

Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:10 pm

oh wow how did you make the box?? it's awesome!
you're really organised, snowravin... it's lovely to see your works in progress!

i've been told to hold back on my wedding planning as it's driving everyone else up the wall. so i haven't got much to show, i'm afraid!

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:41 pm

Ok i think I have worked out how to get a good clear pic of my E-Ring would you belive the best photo was taken on my iphone lol
My wedder will fit to the wave, it also has diamonds in it yes diamonds not chips.
our STD
the backside the silver fern to represent Fh being a Maori
Our wedding scroll invite, yes all handmade including the handmade silk paper they are printed on, then i glued on the wooden beads after I hollowed the middle out a bit, i wanted to use natural wood so i got a plant tressel and will cut to the length i need then hand sew the invite to it, then I will make up green velvet pouches for them to go in tied with ribbon then sealed with wax with a Fleur design.
Ring box in Green

bettyrose
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:21 am

Hi Lovely June Brides!
I too am now a June Bride! Originally we were to wed in March but due to finances it was just a little out of reach...

Now I shall walk towards my incredible man on June 12th 2010! You can read a little more about us in my show&tell...
i really need to update it because most of the details have changed haha!

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=104882&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:43 am

Welcome to the best month bettyrose!! he he. :D

Leah3810

Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:23 pm

Hi Ladies

Hope everyone's plans are coming along nicely. I need some advice... We have invited around 45 people to our Magnetic Island wedding in June next year. Only 24 have replied saying they want to come. We were originally having 8 people in our bridal party (3 bridesmaids and 3 groomsmen and us). Since we're now looking at having less than 30 people at the ceremony, I feel a bit stupid having such a big bridal party. Not only that, my brother and his partner have a rather, lets say "boisterous" little boy who I was worried would cause havoc with his mum & dad being in the bridal party then leaving my mum to look after him.

After talking to FH the other day, we decided it might be best to both choose 1 person each who we really want to be with us and that would be it. The only problem here is, when we first started wedding talks people asked us who we were having and we said we didnt know, but would probly have "blah blah & blah". We've never formally asked anyone but is it too rude to not ask them?

I just keep picturing 8 people standing up during the ceremony and only like 15 sitting down, seems stupid to me. I just dont want to cause any family dramas with sisters in law, brother etc...

What are your thoughts?

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:47 pm

welcome to our month of June :D

Leah, have you asked more of your guests if they are planning on going to Maggie Island, or just have the 24 that have have said yes we will be THERE! as people keep telling me, oh your wedding is in June you still have heaps of time, I'm like no, not that much time lol maybe give them a little nudge to see if more are planning to go, remind them Townsville is so much warmer and nicer that time of year compared to Melbourne. I know I would jump at the chance to go , but I love Townsville heheheh

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:23 pm

I'm agreeing with snowravin here.. I think before you make any decisions RE bridal party, you need to work out how many people do want to come, but have just been to lazy to inform you. (I've been told to expect max a quarter of people bothering to say yay or nay)

Once you've worked that out, or if you still decide to only have 1 person each.. I don't think you'll have any dramas informing people. I asked my original MOH to step down after a bit of a ***** act on her behalf, and we're still all good and she's still coming to the wedding. Just make sure you approach it tactifully.

Hope thats helped :roll:

Shaz2010

Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:00 pm

Hi ya ladies,

Havent been on for a while but thought i would share that i bought my wedding dress last night! Have put a rush order on it so i should have it by the end of Jan! Its all happening now... How funny that it didnt seem that real yet even with the Ceremony, Reception, Cars, Celebrant and Photgrapher booked... but once i paid for my dress it was soooo real! Can you believe that in just over 9 months we will all be married! Yay!

Hope everyones plans are travelling on nicely :)

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:51 pm

Hey Shaz,
what dress did you get any pics?

Shaz2010

Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:56 pm

Hey Snowravin,

I cant seem to find a pic of my dress... Anywhere! I did take some pics on my phone, but am still to figure out how to upload them! Will try though! Its a Barbara Calabro gown from signature Brides in Sydney :) I cna now get my hair and make up all sorted now that i have my dress!

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:29 pm

Well when you sort it out would love to see pics :lol:

I'm still looking at hair, I know how Iwant it so thats a start and makeup also, I like the Smokey eye look :D been looking for shoes, sort of know what I want there, have some questions for seagull for a cake idea. and quess what I just put on my dress and its too big lol, I told them when they ordered it not to get the next size up but they said just in case :? and when it came in the only thing it needed was a press but now it needs altering IN :tick: so so happy not been really trying hard but have been watching what I eat, so back on tony ferg full strength now, would love to lose around 20 kg in total but we will see lol

Shaz2010

Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:40 pm

I love the smokey eyes look too :)

Thats good about your dress! YAY! Better to take it in than let it out! I too ordered the size i am now as im not going to get any bigger (heres hoping!) and plan to lose atleast 10kg... but just incase it doesnt happen, i will still have a dress that fits me... Dont need the added stress of having to lose the weight! I have thought about Tony Ferguson but i cant get my head around a shake as opposed to food... I love food! I might do weight watchers though... It worked a few years back and lost about 16kg in 6 months... 10kg by Jan would be nice before my dress arrives :)

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:30 pm

I was on weight watchers a few yrs ago i found it way too much food to eat I would love to lose around 20 kgs but anything would be good and congrats on the 16kgs :D I lost around 6 kgs a few yrs ago with tony so i know it works but just have to get myself into it.

barnie

Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:48 pm

^ I'm about to start the wedding dress diet too- just ordered lite n easy which will arrive on Thursday. I tried it before but it didn't really work (I didnt stick to it :twisted: ). Going to try again and see how it goes. I got 7 days breakfast, lunch and dinner! 8O Mr Barnie is doing the dinners with me so I stick to it. Not trying to lose heaps- just the 8 or so kg I've put on since we got together :oops:

I booked in my dress with the shop about a month ago- I love it! They wont start making it till next year, but they do the whole thing from scratch, made to measure. The dressmaker is just fabulous and I can change necklines, sash colour, etc. I'm so excited. I dont have a picture yet- but its a little bit like this, but with a lace bodice and silk skirt... I'll make another payment on it soon, so I will take a photo then :)

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:07 pm

oh barnie, that dress is gorgeous,
My weight loss is not going too good, need to go over the gym, (across at the park its part of the country club) but i have a headache or a sore foot or a sore back, and no not excuses, but i will get there i have too :x
Well yesterday i went out with my MOH and she brought us a set of toasting flutes I would of like the platinum ones, but she got us glass and silver ones very nice I will get our names and wedding date engraved on them, and I know we will use them again and again,
GZIP: On | Load: 0.28