A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

barnie

Re: June 2010

Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:43 pm

I'm wondering what everyone has done and what they still have on their 'to-do' list.

So far we've sorted...

:tick: Venue (ceremony & lunch at the same place)
:tick: My dress
:tick: Mr Barnie's outfit (not booked, but we know what it is)
:tick: Bridal party- easy peasy- MOH is one of my wedding obsessed besties who will be travelling for ages to get to the wedding and Best Man is Mr Barnie's brother
:tick: Invitations- letterpress from a stationer in Brisbane we found online. She's not booked in, but we'll put a deposit on her in the next few weeks.

I also found this cake that I think is gorgeous... our package can include desert though... would you have wedding cake AND desert at a lunchtime wedding??

large_image.jpg

What have you girls gotten done?

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:56 pm

Barnie, I have done the following:

(in no particular order)
Photographer (get our engagement photos this week.. YAY!!)
Wedding night accomodation
Celebrant
Reception and ceremony venues (same place)
Limousine (saw it on the highway last night.. beautiful)
Cake toppers
Veil
Shoes
Jewellery for all excluding wedding bands
Garter
Gift for FH, and gifts for BMs, FMIL and MOB
Bouquet
BM Hairpieces
Umbrellas
Party Poppers
Stockings
Vases for centrepieces (DIY'ing)
STD's - sent out 6weeks ago
I've started on invitations (DIY'ing)

Still to be organised:
Cakes (just have to do 2weeks prior.. just going to the Cheesecake shop)
Favours
Grooms/men suits all that 'stuff'
Brides dress (almost finished designing)
Candles (DIY'ing for centrepieces)

I think I've covered everything possible.. let me know if you think I'm missing something!! (we're doing music ourselves as well).

:heart:

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:38 am

Let me see :roll: I think its easier if i say we still need,
to finalize the music,
buy my wedding ring fh said no to one for him- he does not wear jewellery not even a watch
gifts for bridal party
outfit for my dad, cape for fg and fg basket
bubbles, chocolates and almonds.
still need to print up the invites, fh still has std to give to his work friends.
need to find MU and Hair person(s)
make up coat of arms banners,- make a family crest the joining of his and mine to make ours lol well its a medieval wedding, have to keep with the spirit plus something to keep for after the wedding as well.
get our glasses engraved, finish my flowers off make pew bows not sure if i will use them yet
earrings for me jewellery for bm and moh
shoes for me lol
so much to do still :twisted:

Shaz2010

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi Barnie,

So far we have organised:

Ceremony & reception
Celebrant
Cars
Photographer
Cake and Wedding night accom included in our reception package
Bridal Party chosen
Wedding dress / veil
Save the dates made and sent out in June
Invites designed and all paper / cardboard etc bought..

My next things to do are Flowers, Hair and Makeup, BM dresses, Shoes, Bonboniere and Honeymoon... Want these all done by Xmas that way i dont have much to do next year!

barnie

Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:08 pm

Oh! I'm a little behind! I thought I was doing pretty well until I saw what your guys have been doing! :lol:

So I just went through the mountain of information and found the list of recommended suppliers they have. They're all local so I'll set up some appointments with the ones I like the look of this week and start getting some deposits on them! I guess that will make budgeting easier too since we're trying to stop everything spiralling out of control...

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:10 am

not much to report except, my lovely MOH paid for a cottage for 2 nights :lol: i was going to book and pay for, I wanted it for the friday night for myself and my moh and bm (daughter) then on the saturday night my moh and her husband and daughter could have it but as a wedding extra present she paid for the lot, i love the place its 30 mins drive still but the photos will look great there and there is a double spa so us girls can chill out the night before the wedding.
I finally organise the cake and will pay that in full in a few weeks, so all that will be left to pay will be the big things, the celebrant, the photographer, and the ceremony/reception venue.
still to find /do,
hair and makeup person
finish my flowers
find shoes
make up wishing chest
send out invites after i make them - they will take forever lol
make my dads outfit
order bm and moh dresses- they are being made in brisbane
cloak / cape for flower girl have to make that also

barnie

Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:31 pm

^ Lord, I am seriosuly so impressed by people's patience to make their own invitations! I had a crack at it a little while back when I saw how much it saves. But I'm so clumsy and uncreative, I got so angry! :oops: I figure getting my invitations made is a small price to pay for my (and Mr Barnie's!!) sanity! :)

As I said before, we're getting letterpress :heart: I'm so excited I had to tell everyone again :e_shifty: We havent chosen our design yet, but I'm still so excited :) (More excited about my initations than my wedding dress!!! Is that wrong??? :oops: )

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:51 pm

Barnie,
they look very regal, I can see why you :heart: them.

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:56 pm

I :heart: these two styles for my hair I think they will fit together great what do u go think?
hair 2jpg.jpg
hair 5.jpg

Sarah Jane

Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi all,
My dress arrived yesterday!!!!
I posted this in another thread and I'm slack so have copied and pasted it lol :D

A few months ago I found the dress of my dreams at the one and only bridal store in Mackay complete with the $2000 price tag lol
Anyway I procrastinated for awhile as to whether it was worth it just to wear for one day blah, blah, blah.

I did a bit of Googling and searching on this forum and came across a bridal store in the US called Mariposa Boutique so I thought I would send them an email and suss them out.
They were fantastic!!!! I paid just over $800 US for my GENUINE Maggie Sottero dress and they kept me updated by email and finally yesterday my dress arrived!!!

OMG It is beautiful, it is exactly as I remember it.

I highly recommend these guys, they are so friendly (I even spoke to Leanna on the phone and she was fantastic)
I can't speak highly enough of them!!!!

Anyway, this is the dress!!!!

I have no idea how to add the pic lol so here is the link

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx ... tyle=A3240

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:24 pm

snowravin wrote:
I :heart: these two styles for my hair I think they will fit together great what do u go think?
hair 2jpg.jpg
hair 5.jpg

I think these will go really well together snowravin, and fit your theme perfectly!!

I ordered my dress today.. custom design, so we shall see how it turns out! Getting it made through a little chinese shop (my flatmate moved to Australia from China not to long ago) - and she's been helping me communicate to them properly and everything too ha ha! I'm half really excited about hopefully finally having THE dress, but also nervous that my imagination + reality won't gel together as fantastically!! haha

But yay! At least there's something going on in the dress department lol.

Hope everything is going well for the fantastic June2010 gals! :heart:

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:54 am

LadyLucy666 wrote:

I ordered my dress today.. custom design, so we shall see how it turns out! Getting it made through a little chinese shop (my flatmate moved to Australia from China not to long ago) - and she's been helping me communicate to them properly and everything too ha ha! I'm half really excited about hopefully finally having THE dress, but also nervous that my imagination + reality won't gel together as fantastically!! haha

But yay! At least there's something going on in the dress department lol.

Hope everything is going well for the fantastic June2010 gals! :heart:

Yay the fun for the waiting of the dress lol
The wait i had was long enough now its in the spare room just waiting, fh always tells me to go check it before he goes into the room, so i moved it to another spare room, he said i want to jinx our marriage, huh! talk about him being superstitious. he does not want to see other girls in wedding dresses and he was married b4 (so was I) but this time as the say is different, very different :lol:
Well done on your flatmate for helping with the communication that will be a big help :tick:

Sarah so glad your happy with your dress, its a relief when it all comes together and you finally get the gown and all is well with it.

veronaggie

Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:55 pm

Hello ladies, I'm getting married on 12th June..and haven't prepared much!! (so far we've booked the reception place and bomboniere - that's because I run an online bomboniere shop)

Well it's not my nature to be not organized but it's just because I thought we're gonna have the wedding on November, or even September the earliest.
But long story short..I am now looking for a Catholic priest to do a ceremony for us. My fiance is not Catholic, does anyone have information where I could find a priest who's able to unite a non Catholic couple in a Catholic chapel?

If anyone has a recommendation for a small Catholic chapel that would be awesome too!
I'm currently looking at http://www.stvincents.nsw.edu.au/about_ ... chapel.cfm, it's such a beautiful chapel but only an ex-student could have the ceremony there :(

Other chapel that I've looked is http://www.materdeicamden.org.au/chapel.html, it's a beautiful chapel as well but just a bit further.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Agnes

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:37 pm

veronaggie wrote:
Hello ladies, I'm getting married on 12th June..and haven't prepared much!! (so far we've booked the reception place and bomboniere - that's because I run an online bomboniere shop)

Well it's not my nature to be not organized but it's just because I thought we're gonna have the wedding on November, or even September the earliest.
But long story short..I am now looking for a Catholic priest to do a ceremony for us. My fiance is not Catholic, does anyone have information where I could find a priest who's able to unite a non Catholic couple in a Catholic chapel?

If anyone has a recommendation for a small Catholic chapel that would be awesome too!
I'm currently looking at http://www.stvincents.nsw.edu.au/about_ ... chapel.cfm, it's such a beautiful chapel but only an ex-student could have the ceremony there :(

Other chapel that I've looked is http://www.materdeicamden.org.au/chapel.html, it's a beautiful chapel as well but just a bit further.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Agnes

welcome to the forum, sorry no good with any church ideas. but if you look around on google I'm sure you will find something.

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:55 pm

veronaggie - maybe try posting in your local area forum? As people who know the area you live in will probably be more helpful. Good luck in all your planning!

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:19 pm

We had a appointment last monday with our photographer, but FH was sick so had to cancel, but we are going to Avalon Castle tomorrow to check out the venue again, this time with my MOH, and possibly the cottages my MOH and BM (daughter) and myself are staying at on our wedding eve cant wait.while at Avalon, I plan on taken lots of photos and asking heaps of questions.

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:10 pm

My dress arrived yesterday! And it's pretty close to perfection! Lace just needs a little touch up, and it's too big around the hips. But I still love it. YAY!!

Snowravin.. how'd your visit to Avalon Castle go?

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:40 pm

LadyLucy666 wrote:
My dress arrived yesterday! And it's pretty close to perfection! Lace just needs a little touch up, and it's too big around the hips. But I still love it. YAY!!

Snowravin.. how'd your visit to Avalon Castle go?

happy for you that your dress is here and you love :D mines too big around the boobies :lol: do you have a pic of it? whats wrong with the lace?

Our visit was great Darren was still feeling a little unwell, but it went good, we can have everything I asked for and Ron (guy in charge) said oh you can come on the Friday and Saturday and decorate the inside and outside anyway you want, yay, we can have Rose petals as in our ceremony it takes place in a rose petal circle, and a few other things he was cool with as well, there were other ppl there as well, looking took a few photos, then my MOH said we should go check out the cottages we are staying at the night before, well the cottage we have was booked but the gardens were beautiful so we are getting ready there instead of the castle, much better for photos, cant wait 7 months to go

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:07 pm

Sorry to hear that Darren is still sick. But glad your return visit went really well! I can't wait for you to get married so I can see all the happy snaps :lol:

We're getting married in a circle as well! Must be something about 26th of June hey? haha. We're having our guests pull party poppers when we're announced, and were expecting to be told no due to clean up.. but they encouraged it. Isn't it nice when things go your way??

I got a couple of pictures of it, but it was just me at home.. so waiting until Tues when my MOH can come around and help me try it on properly and we'll take some pics that show the dress better.

But here are the pics I have (seriously don't do it any justification though haha). Lace is just a little loose on one small part, and it's probably from handling, having come from China.

Image Image Image - trying it with veil, and holding it up! (ignore the bra lol)

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:01 pm

Our circle is going to be awesome i hope lol we are having a celtic / wiccan kind of service, (medieval of course) the celebrant wrote it him self i think, but our bridal party have lines to say as well as actions so should be interesting to say the lease, have to buy bubbles for the Fg to blow as she walks up the aisle, with her cousin, then his brother, will carry up the ring, not sure how it will all go yet,
did you know it's also a full moon, hehehe a reason we chose it, thought it would be nice for photos to be told later it wont happen so may have to photoshop some into it :? i have some with me in my dress with 3 hoop petticoat on and shoes and veil lol all go together, the girls at work were kind and said no you dont need to lose weight , what nice friends :D

Love the colour of your dress, will look forward to seeing it with the veil too, ( Darren wanted me to have the veil)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.13