A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: June 2010

Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:13 pm

well now missy.. you can't go saying you have picutres and not put them up! what a tease!!

the last photo I put up is the birdcage veil I'll be wearing.. but it's a crappy pic. Def taking better ones Tues (if MOH is better by then - why is everybody sick??)

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:40 am

I had them on my camera, but deleted them in case Darren saw them, sorry i have other ones with me in the dress but no hoop,
I did notice the birdcage veil :D

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:07 pm

Yay paid for our cake yesterday, took all my saved up coins and exchanged them for notes, had enough to pay for our cake, then went to spotlight, found some nice green glasses and lace, so was busy making our candle lanterns for the cake table, will post photos later (i promise LadyLucy) and also finished off the FlowerMaidens basket also will post photos, going around to see a friend who may be able to make medieval type sleeves to go with my dress tonight, my boss is playing hookey from work so will see him tonight as well. (his partner) well off to make my feather pen for the Guestbook and yes will post pics of that also if you like :lol:

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:14 pm

I want pics of everything!! haha. I'm glad you had such a productive day! It's funny you said you took your saved coins to the bank.. I did that friday and bought myself a petticoat (waiting on it to be delivered) and some Peanuts stuff (am obsessed lol)

What sort of cake are you having? We are just having three different cakes from Mamuska Cheesecake shop - a mud cake, a cheesecake and a tiramisu :D

Photos from today:

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:39 am

Very nice :D went over to boss's house stayed for about 5 or so hours lol, but his partner said he can make my sleeves and will be easy too, attached them to the halter straps of my dress, so the top of the sleeves will match yay,
Our cake is a 2 tier fruitcake from the lady s family, with Royal icing hard to post pic of it but will try later I have a pic but have to scan it into comp. it will have Burgundy colour roses and ivy leaves, with dried vine around the tiers, and the finish will be like spakel or heaps of peaks hard to describe.

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:32 am

ok you asked for them Ladylucy :?

bottom one is without the hoop and my fringe is shorter now too but still as big body wise :(
But enjoy if you like!

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:45 pm

Thats a very beautiful gown and it looks gorgeous on you! And it's got such a long train - I'd personal go crazy but it looks fantastic :tick:

Your cake is so perfectly matched to everything else - can't wait to see "day of" pictures. Very earthy, so-to-speak. I love it!

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:57 pm

Thank-you, I loved the dress when I first saw it on the net, then found out what it was called, then tracked it down to melb, i wanted it with green trim but was told this was better, The train will bustle up under it self, there is a lot of detail on the back, and im getting long flowing sleeves to match hopefully it will hide my arms and if i can loose heaps of weight even better :wink:

winterbride

Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:13 pm

Hi Ladies! :D
I have just joined the forum and am getting married on June 26 2010!
You all sound super organised. Would love to hear everyones ideas and recommendations - especially for photographers!! So far I have booked ceremony, reception, video, wedding band and my dress. I am really struggling for photography though.
P.s. I'm in Melb
Looking forward to chatting with you girls along the way! xx

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:07 am

snowravin.. I think the dress looks beautiful on you now! And I don't think your arms look bad at all, but usually we are our own worst critic/enemy. I've been so lazy re: losing weight.. I mean, I made caramel slice tonight.. not really doing myself any favours am I? ha ha

winterbride- WELCOME! You've chosen the best date! haha. I can't help with photography or anything location orientated as I'm a Queenslander (GO QLD!) I believe there's a Melb topic.. and you could prob ask the girls in there - will be a MUCH bigger help than I anyways.

Hey random question.. my FH is hardcore anti seeing my dress (fair enough).. BUT is also fairly hardcore anti about seeing my BM dresses.. is this normal? anybody elses boys/men the same? .. I'm so used to sharing everything with him, that I'm finding it really hard to keep to myself :|

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:31 am

Welcome to the best month and date the 26 of june....
Thanks for the kind words lady lucy.

We are using Lisa Reymont for our photos she is in melb.
Any way better go I'm at work lol

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:57 am

LadyLucy666 wrote:

Hey random question.. my FH is hardcore anti seeing my dress (fair enough).. BUT is also fairly hardcore anti about seeing my BM dresses.. is this normal? anybody elses boys/men the same? .. I'm so used to sharing everything with him, that I'm finding it really hard to keep to myself :|

My fh does not want to see my dress either, he makes me check to see that its covered before he goes into the spare room, so i moved it to the other spare room, the other day I finished the flower girls basket and he asked if he should be seeing that lol, if its wedding realated and to do with me he wants it a suprise mind you I have NO idea what he and his BM and GM are wearing :roll:

He did make a remark on the candle lights i made :lol: he said they are very effective, the most positive thing he has said so far, with everything else he just says you choose or if you like it do it, and so on, any one else have a FH like this???

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:02 am

winterbride wrote:
Hi Ladies! :D
I have just joined the forum and am getting married on June 26 2010!
You all sound super organised. Would love to hear everyones ideas and recommendations - especially for photographers!! So far I have booked ceremony, reception, video, wedding band and my dress. I am really struggling for photography though.
P.s. I'm in Melb
Looking forward to chatting with you girls along the way! xx

Welcome again winterbride,
i was at work when i saw your post, and I love my iphone but takes me awhile to post on forums with it.
another 26th of June bride yay, well to start with wheres your ceremony, and do you have a theme, what kind of dress have you in mind, oh and we :heart: :heart: :heart: photos of every thing wedding related, so feel free to post away :lol:
I'm also in melbourne.

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:04 am

Oh 1 more thing.... I'm going wedding ring shopping today (again) but have more in mind what i'm after, may have to leave my E-ring with the jewellers thou not really wanting to do that, but have to get a custom job done to fit my E-ring :cry:

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:16 am

my, my snowravin.. you've been a busy lady, posting away on here! haha.. just messing.

I pretty much know exactly what the boys are wearing - they all feel the need to check every little thing with me.. can be quite annoying actually - Why can't men make decisions for themselves?? haha. Other than dresses and shoes.. FH knows about virtually everything else, including jewellery. We've very much organised the wedding together.

How did your ring shopping go? Have you had to leave your e-ring behind? I got in trouble on Monday for not wearing mine when visiting the FPIL :oops: I'm not a big jewellery person, so I often forget to pop it on. Luckily this doesn't bother FH too much :roll:

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:20 am

Ring shopping went good have to get a wedder
made so they have my E- ring for about 4 weeks with a note saying e ring
to be sent back ASAP I feel so naked without it I had to put another ring on lol
but at least it will match perfectly as it's being made for me to fit the Ering

libertinewoman
Mistress of Cake
Mistress of Cake

Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:10 am

Hello Ladies! I've been meaning to post in here for a while :D

I'm getting married on the 6th of June at Montsalvat, So far I have my veil, my shoes (omgyouhaveneverseensexiershoesinallyourlife) spoken to a celebrant, spoken to a florist, cake is being made by one of my decorator friends and our centrepieces we are hiring from FH's work (he works in events- handy!)

I still dont have a dress... I dont have big budget, I've actually budgetted more for my flowers... Where are my priorities? I do have someone helping out with the flowers so it does bring the cost down a few hundred. I was going to go with bridescl*set but with the farce that is jbrews dress I'm unsure now. I also was thinking of dousheng but I need to find out what kind of lace they have as I wanted an all over lace gown.

So that's it for really, my shoe and tell is here http://forum.weddingcentral.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=105430

Ladylucy666 I love your dress! Its so cool! And Raven, I love the sound of your ceremony, I would love to have done a handfasting ceremony but FH's father nearly fell of his perch when he found out we werent getting married in a church! He's italian and deeply religious. So we may have to placate him with a small blessing ceremony by his priest before the wedding.

And welcome Winterbride! Tell us more about your wedding! Yay another melb girl!

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:21 pm

Hey libertine,

wow checked out your show and tell, love the dresses you have there, and the shoes are awesome, not something i would wear but hot anyway, and i can totally relate to the huge dental cost's I also have $2,000 worth to go, which means up to now every thing wedding related as been paid for, just have to save for the celebrant, reception and photographer all else should fall into place so FH tells me :?

well off to play more with my flowers and maybe start on my petticoat, keep the photos coming girls and i will do the same :roll:

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:43 pm

libertine - you have some wonderful stuff!

snowravin wrote:
all else should fall into place so FH tells me :?

I wish FH would handle the money for a change.. because I'm an ex-accountant (have returned to study in an alternate field) - I look after EVERYTHING money related.. and I mean EVERYTHING. Don't know what FH if something were to happen to me, I went away for work a couple months ago.. came back to find finances everywhere!! haha.. at least I know how much I'll be able to spend on our honeymoon YAY! Speaking of which, my honeymoon planning is almost finalised!

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:30 am

Honeymoon!! we were thinking maybe Tassie, never been there, or maybe New Zealand again, but as I said to Darren a few days ago we can't afford it lol, he said what is a honeymoon anyway, i replied, what i've been on since we met, corny i know, then he said don't worry you will get a honeymoon,
GZIP: On | Load: 0.18