A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: June 2010

Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:40 pm

OMG.. Tassie is absolutely beautiful.. we went in August 2008 - Caravan'd pretty much everywhere.. It was great, because of the time we went - you had snow in some places (Mt Wellington was covered in snow our first day, and when we went back at the end.. it didn't have thick snow anymore but it was snowing!), beautiful beaches down the east coast, and then world heritage land down the west coast. Very beautiful. I have some photos on our wedding site http://www.mywedding.com/chantal4stuart (I have a TONNE more on my computer too haha)

We are heading to America for our honeymoon. I'll post our intenary in a couple days lol.. I'm too lazy atm :mrgreen:

winterbride

Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:17 pm

Hi Everyone!! Its been a while and I haven't been back on yet! Thanks for the welcomes! Its nice to share this with other June brides.
Snowravin, I am having the ceremony in the city on The Dome, 333 Collins, and the reception is at La Mirage. I dont really have a theme (is Princess style a theme?? hehe). I always wanted a fairytale wedding!
LadyLucy, my fiance is dying to see my dress but there is no way I am showing him! I want it to be a complete surprise on the day! :D
I'm having a photography appointment tomorrow night (my 6th one!!). I think im going crazy! hehe.
How is everyones plans coming along??? The honeymoon destinations sound great ladies. Perfect weather to head to America Ladylucy!! We haven't decided yet where we're going. Anywhere sunny is good!!!

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:15 am

Well our honeymoon details are confirmed!

We are going to America!! – the following is a rough of our itinerary:
• Anaheim – 3 days – Disney Land / California Land
• San Diego – 3 days – SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo and a ghost tour (FH is hard core into that kind of thing, and this particular one we’re trying to go on has been featured in a couple of TV shows he likes to watch)
• Las Vegas – 2 days – Stratosphere hotel rides (we are adrenalin junkies), gambling, etc,
• Grand Canyon – 1 day – we are just going to the West Rim, as to us it’s all the same thing, and we just want to see the actual “canyon” not fussed.
• Los Angeles – 2 days – going to a baseball game (LA Dodgers vs. Chicago Cubs woo woo!) and possibly universal studios (if we can be arsed)
• Honolulu / Waikiki – 3 days – Pearl Harbour and the Dole Plantation (world’s largest maze)
We have also allowed at least a day for each time we have to travel - so totals to about 3weeks. Am so excited! We paid 50% on Tuesday.. hurt our pocket a bit, but at least it's a big chunk we don't have to worry about later!!

Now all that is left to organise are suits for the boys (which is being done mid-december), have all dresses corrected (heights for BMs, sizing for me - will do closer to day), continue working on invitations, workout how I want my makeup, finalise menu and work on music (we're just having an iPod - with one person strictly in charge) - AND THEN I'M DONE! And I can return to fixing the house up (I leased it out for a while and the tenants did NOT look after it very well :x ) and a normal life hahaha

libertinewoman
Mistress of Cake
Mistress of Cake

Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:03 am

Lucy, your organisation skills blow me away! I've still got so much to do. I'm stressing out. We havent even got our STD's sent yet. Lol. Its going to be of "those" weddings!

Your honeymoon sounds shmick though!

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:33 am

Libertinewoman: STD's aren't really that important.. if you know your guests pretty well, chances are you know when they tend to travel - if that happens to be June, then STDs are needed - if not.. don't worry about it!

Let me know if I can help with anything... I love planning things! Which is probably why everything that is left to do needs MAJOR time input from FH. lol.

Oh in other unrelated news.. totally jealous of FH, over the past couple of times we've been to Dreamworld (we have yearly passes) he's got to hold a snake AND pat a tiger. NOT FAIR!! :x
Image Image

Only 7 months to go! (well.. almost...) :mrgreen:

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi girls,
not a lot going on here, but i have made up the flower maidens basket, and happy with the way the glasses for the cake table have turned out.

A friend said he can make the long flowing sleeves i want for my dress so yay for that, now have to find the right shade of ivory.

Got our first xmas tree yesterday so looking forward to putting that up in our home together.

Not sure if I will have a flower maiden anymore as she is freezers in front of ppl so her mum told me yesterday, but her mum is going to talk to her and get back to me, but she was excited about dressing up like a princess, but now matter i have other ideas.

the celebrant said yes to a lot of things i put to him yesterday so thats good, i added 3 more things to our ceremony lol.

:heart:

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:27 pm

Hi girls,
Just a short note to say, yesterday we picked up my E-ring and with it was my wedding ring yay :bdance: so happy just a little over 4 weeks for them to make the wedder the curve is not really they way i thought it would go, and it has 7 diamonds in it, fh then said you will have to get the eternity ring made next woohoo didn't think he would want too. another notch on the board why i love him :D
Well as i thought flower girl is no more but not to worry have a plan B & C in place, so may be even better.

well that's it for now oh btw am helping future step daughter with her wedding plans now she is getting married in May 2010, very low key and with a small budget, so if you lovely ladies know of a cheap celebrant in melb near dandenong please let me know. thanks,

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:40 pm

yay on getting your ering snowravin! YAY YAY YAY!!
FH is ordering is wedding ring today.. he FINALLY has decided what he wants. Will post pics once we have it in our hot little hands (we had to special order it).

Not much has been happening with us either. Got to finally meet the best man.. can see why FH chose him! So the boys went suit shopping, but didn't get anything. FH got all measurements though, so we're going looking in xmas sales to see if theres anything he likes in our price range then.

Hope the silly season is treating everyone well. :heart:

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:27 pm

[quote="LadyLucy666"]yay on getting your ering snowravin! YAY YAY YAY!!

Yeh 4 weeks is a long time without it, but it came back so shiny and clean :)

My fh went for his suit measurements today with his BM who is also fh best man, …fh;s best man is Tony Ferguson and lost heaps of weight so it gave us the nudge to start it again too lol i want to lose between 15 to 20 kgs my dress fits now its a bit big now so maybe i can make it bigger lol.

My holidays for the wedding got approved, i said too bad if there not i'm going anyway. Also told them i will work any holiday that falls on my days off extra $$$ for me. boxing day i get 250% yay.

winterbride

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:13 pm

Hi ladies,
How is the planning going??? Less than 6 months to go!!
Im definately getting nervous now....

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:36 am

Hey ladies,
I hope your new year is off to a good start!

My wedding plans are up sh*t creek atm. A techie didn't do his job properly.. so not only have I lost EVERYTHING off our computer, but he somehow f**ked up our backup systems as well. As alot of our wedding was DIY, I have lost days of work (I was almost done too..)

Couldn't even restore the internet for me, I've had to resort to using the WII's internet (painful!)

So excuses if you don't hear from me for a while, as I have to start everything again, plus see if I can recover any old data, and uni starts back in a couple of weeks.

Can see it's going to be a busy year :(

Hopefully the 2nd half (the married half) will be MUCH better!

xxx

PS - 1 piece of good news is I picked up my wedding band today! LOVE IT! When I get the net working properly again, I'll take a decent picture and share

libertinewoman
Mistress of Cake
Mistress of Cake

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:12 am

Oh lucy!!! Thats terrible! If you need any help with anything online yell out and we can research for you!! What an idiot.

My plans are going well, 4 months and 30 days today. Having a slight freakout about it honestly... Feels like nothing is done... so much to do... GAH! FH and I have a wedding talk scheduled tonight to discuss everything we need to do and what he can do to take it off my shoulders.

barnie

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:17 pm

I thought I'd pop in and see how everyone is going since its nearly 5 months for us now! 8O

We've just booked our photographer and ordered our invitations.

Still have to organise a celebrant, cake, bonbonierre, and flowers and I think we're done.... unless I missed something.

We've also decided that since our reception finishes at 3pm, we're going to have an after party at the Kirribilli Club (assuming their available, but I'd say they would be). They have a really good package for about $5k for canapes and drinks for 50 people (which is probably all we'd have). We got lucky with our reception being at lunch and in winter, so we decided to spoil everyone with another party. Just have to price a bus now.

It never ends :)

Hope everyone else is going well- LadyLucy: I hope they've restored the files on your computer!! What a nightmare!!! :(

carlij85

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 am

Leah3810 wrote:
Yay!!

Im a June 2010 bride :) 13th June 2010 at Magnetic Island QLD. We (and all of our guests) are coming up from crappy cold melbourne weather to a hopefully nice and warm magnetic island...

I've already booked reception venue, photographer, celebrant, hair & makeup lady, video guy ... ummmm yep i think thats about where im up to hehe. Im trying to find a cake person but i havent decided on colours or anything yet so I dont know what type of cake i want. Also having issues with bridal party, urgh!!! But otherwise everything going well!

Will be great to hear what other June 2010 brides are doing and what theyve organised!

Leah :)

sorry to burstyour bubble, but sometimes in June it can still be cold and crappy at magnetic island too. im sure not as bad as Victoria, but still!
fingers crossed for a glorious weekend for you tho :D

bsaw001

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 pm

I've always wanted to be a June bride just like my mom. I think it's a nice month to get married, but December seems very nice also because it's summer.
Dental Salinas | Dental Elk Grove

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:08 pm

5weeks eleven days to go for me. Scary stuff!! Libertinewoman- I complete relate to the freaking out a bit, when we hit the 6month mark I seriously freaked (I always thought I'd never get married - how wrong was I..)

I wasn't able to restore anything on the computer :( but I did manage to start AND finish our OOS. Yay! :mrgreen:

We picked up both our wedding bands too. So happy! You can't really tell in the pics, but FH's ring has diamond etching (or w/eva its called)

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:21 pm

LadyLucy666 wrote:
5weeks eleven days to go for me. Scary stuff!! Libertinewoman- I complete relate to the freaking out a bit, when we hit the 6month mark I seriously freaked (I always thought I'd never get married - how wrong was I..)

I wasn't able to restore anything on the computer :( but I did manage to start AND finish our OOS. Yay! :mrgreen:

We picked up both our wedding bands too. So happy! You can't really tell in the pics, but FH's ring has diamond etching (or w/eva its called)

5 weeks or 5 months lol
gratz on the rings i picked up mine a few weeks ago yay, still looking for the cake stand i know the one i want but its over $250.00 so thinking about it :(
all else is going ok just minor things now really,
one big one, but hopefully it will work out right. should find out in the next week or so :?

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:46 pm

5months.. haha OMG I'd be fretting so bad if it was only 5 weeks to go!!

whats your big thing snowravin? I'm all intrigued now :wink: little jealous of the cake stand idea.. we are being a bit bogan about it, and possibly having them still in the mamuska boxes :oops: but we love em ! ! ! hehe

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:31 am

LadyLucy666 wrote:
5months.. haha OMG I'd be fretting so bad if it was only 5 weeks to go!!

whats your big thing snowravin? I'm all intrigued now :wink: little jealous of the cake stand idea.. we are being a bit bogan about it, and possibly having them still in the mamuska boxes :oops: but we love em ! ! ! hehe

lol nothing that much just the $$$ worry, we went for a loan only a small one but its still BIG (not the amount)

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:00 am

well all my fingers and toes are crossed for you snowravin! I understand how stressful it can be x
GZIP: On | Load: 0.24