A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: June 2010

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:11 pm

cinlove wrote:
Hi im a newbie here, getting married on the 19th of June and have organised the celebrant and dj... im majorly stressing!!!! i dont know where to start... lol

Hey cinlove,
welcome to he forum, :D love your date its my birthday lol.
if you need any help with ideas or anything, questions you may / will have, ask away the girls on the forum are great. and we love photos so if you have any post away.

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:56 am

Welcome to the forum cinlove! And hello June bride!!!! haha. Don't stress! There is still 5months before the big day - I would recommend you get the big things out of the way as early as possible - location, dress and vehicles (well these were the big things for me)

I found this to be the most concise and helpful list of lists to help me (I'm also anally organised) http://www.russellandhazel.com/content/wedding-templates

How are all the other lovely girls going? :heart:

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:08 pm

things are going well got our loan so am very happy yay :bdance:
Trying to get fh to stop inviting ppl lol the more ppl he see's and talks to the longer the invite list gets. :?
got a bit dishearten there for awhile with the banks but all good now so with just over 4 months to go things have to go up a notch. Still have STD cards to send out and invites to finish lol so much still to do, my brother has agreed to video the ceremony for us, told him i don't want a crappy one lol,

looks like i will be getting the cake stand i want, will more than likely buy it now so i can keep it for future use, and as memorabilia of our wedding day :D

take care all and enjoy your plans :heart:

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:20 pm

Update for our wedding, met with lisa from lisa reymont photographer, yesterday love her work, booked her 2 years or so ago and nowjust got to meet her in RL.
Booked our wedding rehearsal, yesterday as well, getting so close now.
Finally got a yes from fh on having susan the harpist, just have to sort out time frame and so on there,
Got a new pair of shoes today didn't like the other pair. now still to sort out cake stand, wedding make up and hair trial, hair with alli make up not sure yet.
last of the STD cards to be sent out this week then to finish the invites and get them out at the end of march for RSVP in early May.
need to work out the wedding favours as well thinking glass coasters, and chocolate hearts with our names and date printed on the foil wrapper???

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:14 pm

I have put 5th June as my RSVP date (my RSVP cards are already done).. but now I'm having second thoughts about whether that's too late. Do you think 3 weeks is enough time?? We're only having a small wedding of less than 30.

snowravin - I just bought a brand new wedding outfit for LV. but cost me less than $50! for shoes, dress and headpiece YAY! so can related to changing the shoes bit lol

In other news.. apparently my hens night preparation is underway as I was asked yester what were all the "no deal" things. he he. YAY! that leaves just paying things off, and doing the invitations. PHEW!

Hope all is going well with everyone. xx
:heart: :heart: :heart:

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:12 am

What do you think of my cover page for the colouring books for the kids, at the wedding ?
on the cover it says Medieval colouring book for >>>>>>> Thank you for Attending the wedding of Uncle >>> and Aunty >>>>> 26th June 2010 it is then printed on the scroll looking paper from office works,
I said to fh it turned out better than i thought with the colour of the scroll paper it looks as if the castle is really made of sandstone and i'm repunzel lol (ok forgive me it's 1:10 in the morning) the pages inside are all free via the web and are medieval,

brapunzle3.gif

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:34 am

Hey snowravin.. what's with our early morning posts?? its 12.40am here! I think that will work splendidly for your front cover. Goes well with the theme :wink:

In other news.. Less than 4 months to go Ladies!!!
To be frank, I'm starting to get a bit nervous now :oops:

Update: we paid the last of our honeymoon yesterday!! Hens and bucks will be taking place mid April.. so look for pics being posted after then!! haha. We also booked our wedding rehearsal and last 'singles' dinner (cos we're pretty sure the day BEFORE the wedding is going to be far more stressful than the wedding itself). Invites and everything else that has to go with them were finalised last week (DIY) - so they are ready to go this week. AND! I got a new car! (well it's second hand.. but it's new to me!!)

So we've been very busy around these parts over the last couple of weeks.

Hope everybody elses plans are going well!! xxx

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:50 am

LadyLucy666 wrote:
Hey snowravin.. what's with our early morning posts?? its 12.40am here! I think that will work splendidly for your front cover. Goes well with the theme :wink:

Well here is another early post heheh.
In other news.. Less than 4 months to go Ladies!!!
To be frank, I'm starting to get a bit nervous now :oops:

same i had my first dress drama dream a few nights ago :?

Update: we paid the last of our honeymoon yesterday!! Hens and bucks will be taking place mid April.. so look for pics being posted after then!! haha. We also booked our wedding rehearsal and last 'singles' dinner (cos we're pretty sure the day BEFORE the wedding is going to be far more stressful than the wedding itself). Invites and everything else that has to go with them were finalised last week (DIY) - so they are ready to go this week. AND! I got a new car! (well it's second hand.. but it's new to me!!)

well done on your new car.

So we've been very busy around these parts over the last couple of weeks.

Hope everybody elses plans are going well!! xxx

libertinewoman
Mistress of Cake
Mistress of Cake

Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:06 am

Well its 3 months today for me! Invites are almost ready to go out, the lace for my dress comes in next week and after that its pretty much a matter of putting it all together!
So far I have:
flowers booked
makeup booked
dress being made
celebrant booked
bonboneirre decided on
hotels booked
venue booked
Hens night date booked
Bucks night date booked

Now its just a matter of all the little things. I am really stressed about the invites but there's not much I can do about it now, I left it in FH hands and its on his head if they go out late!

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:26 pm

well done,
i'm still doing our invites, i want to send them out but they still need a few things.

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:43 am

We sent out invites today.. made it oh so real!! Scary stuff!! My dress is also in getting altered.. and I know this might seem odd, but I feel the house just isn't the same without it. haha. Odd!

Not much left for me to do now
* pay remaining costs (which are all to be done in June)
* having BM dresses taken in
* organise suit fittings for boys (they are slack!)
* choose cakes
* make centre pieces
* do a makeup trial with momsy :mrgreen:

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:19 pm

well done on sending out your invites.
hope to do so this week as well.

Had a hair and make up trial on Sunday, not happy so will be doing it ourselves, will go to Myers to get make up.

Still have $32.00 owing on the cake but thats for the topper.
Still no idea what fh or the groomsmen are wearing.

I got dad a medieval outfit on ebay so happy about that as could not find anything nice at the costume shop, well 1 thing but could find better.
Now mum wants me to make her headwear.

Still have to make up the girls flowers, got all the ivy i need for the decoration ideas and pew bows ends.
Still heaps to do.

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:32 pm

Wow snowravin! I wish I had the energy to be that creative. I'm finding it hard to find time to play my instruments or paint lately.. which upsets me a little.

Anyways, moving on... do you have any idea of what you want the boys to wear? And I want to see your cake topper.. I'm imagining great things!

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:10 am

Hi girls.. Just realised its been a whole month since anybody posted anything on here! and we have two months left to go.. scary stuff!

I've finally reached my 'freakout stage' - which I'm assuming is because my hens starts in 16hours, so wedding stuff is officially happening.

WHat do you girls have on your agendas atm? I have to work out what I want for centrepieces (changed my mind), pick up BMs dress (I've had so much going on that I keep forgetting about it, until the wee hours of the day :oops:) and other things I know I'm forgetting about :x

Anyways.. hope all is well. :heart:

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:23 pm

yay 10 weeks to go to day or this time in 10 weeks we will be married.

My daughters fiancée broke his hip last night so had surgery today will be out of action for up to 3 months, so it does not look good for my daughter to be able to be my bridesmaid, but a good reason to fly up and see them in Townsville.

Changed my mind about the cake now its a 2 tier with smooth icing and Flur de lis pipped on to it with the sugar roses to match my flowers,
given out most of the invites just have to post the rest.

Hair and make up will be done by us.
No idea about a hens night as my daughter and and very good friend live interstate, but my friend said she can step in as a bridesmaid i said thanks and if nicole (daughter) can still be here i don't care if i have 2 bmaid and fh only has 1 groomsman and his best man. i also have a MOH.

thats about it for now, oh i did buy another pair of shoes lol and made my nephews outfits.

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:53 pm

Ok some news, my dress still fits lol
my cake stand should be here this week i hope,
and finally got in touch with the lady who is making sleeves to go with my dress for the medieval look.
My shoes my 3rd pair fit well with dress so no need for hem alterations but do need it pressed and a bustle added.

:bdance: :bdance: just rang the store where i got my gown and was told NO CHARGE for the bustle or the steam press yay just go in a few weeks before the wedding.

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:17 pm

oh no snowravin! I hope your sisters fiancé is ok! And yays for fitting into the dress still!!

I've been sick with tonsilitis over the past few days, so have been stuffing my face with icecream.. which really can't be any good for the dress. yikes! I can't believe how fast the day is swinging around now. It won't be long 'til we'll be sitting back and relaxing on our honeymoons!

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:27 pm

LadyLucy666 wrote:
oh no snowravin! I hope your sisters fiancé is ok! And yays for fitting into the dress still!!

I've been sick with tonsilitis over the past few days, so have been stuffing my face with icecream.. which really can't be any good for the dress. yikes! I can't believe how fast the day is swinging around now. It won't be long 'til we'll be sitting back and relaxing on our honeymoons!

No not my sister, my daughters fiance lol

not good being sick - not sure if we are going on a honeymoon yet maybe just a few days or a week i told fh maybe we can do a week in NZ to see his family his mum cant fly and a week in Tassie, it looks nice there.
i will post a recent pic of me in my dress, (dont worry about the silly look on my face lol) with the flowers i made but no looking at a more natural messy looking bouquet as back in medieval times they were just wild flowers or flowers the guests would give to the bride as she walk to where she was getting married. the colours i want are a mix of deep colour roses with a few cream ones to break it up a little.

GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg

LadyLucy666
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:13 pm

sorry! told ya I was sick!!! lol

pretty dress! And I like the picture of the bouquet in the second image :mrgreen:

Dynamo

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:20 pm

Is there any June brides still out there?

It is coming up quick for us now - 1 month and 19 days for me.

Most of the planning is done, though we still need to do OOS, grooms clothes, and shoes! I can't find any I want to wear.

Oh yeah and booking the rest of the honeymoon :wink:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.59