A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Katherine85

Re: June 2010

Thu May 14, 2009 5:33 pm

Leah3810 wrote:
13th June at Maggie Island, cant wait :)

Hi Leah, I was just interested to see where you will be having your reception on Maggie? Our wedding won't be until September, but we're trying to decide which place on Maggie to have it at.

Thanks!
Katherine

barnie

Fri May 15, 2009 8:30 pm

&nbsp

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat May 16, 2009 2:07 pm

Katherine85 wrote:
Leah3810 wrote:

Hi Leah, I was just interested to see where you will be having your reception on Maggie? Our wedding won't be until September, but we're trying to decide which place on Maggie to have it at.

Thanks!
Katherine

Have you looked at the Golf club there my ex and i renewed our vows there it was nice in the gardens and the food was great.

Leah3810

Sat May 16, 2009 6:04 pm

Katherine85 wrote:
Leah3810 wrote:

Thanks!
Katherine

HI Katherine,
Sorry for the late reply!! We've decided to go with the Magnetic International Resort (which has just been taken over by Accor hotel group, so i think its now called All Seasons Resort or something along those lines). We loved their poolside venue & the ballroom. Also we had decided on having a casual BBQ buffet style meal which is one of their options. We're having 30-40 people so we wanted something relaxed. Plus their minimum spend for alcohol was alot cheaper. I also had feedback from some people who have been to weddings there and they all said it looks amazing. I have been told though that their accommodation is pretty budget, which doesnt bother us as we're staying elsewhere.

Plus Rachel, their wedding coordinator is amazing. She is so helpful and really friendly. We're hoping to go up later this year if you want i can get some pics of dfferent venues for you. I was originally going through a wedding coordinator from the Island but got a bit peed off at how much she bagged other companies, and was going to make us spend a fortune which I have found was completly un-necessary! Ive saved a fortune doing it myself!!

If you want some pics pm me and i can post them for you :)

Cheers!

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat May 23, 2009 2:40 pm

how's everyones plans going.

barnie

Sun May 24, 2009 8:36 pm

Oh, I posted in here a little while ago, but something spazzed out and it didn't work! :(

Anyway, I'll try again- hello everyone! I'm a June 2010 bride too! We've een engaged for a year and now planning a nice, low key, lunch wedding at Gunners Barracks in Sydney, yay! :D :heart:

Image Image
Image Image

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 24, 2009 9:45 pm

Hi barnie,
nice views from there, love the brickwork.

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 26, 2009 11:10 pm

After many months of looking and many more intense looking in the past few days I have found a cake I like, fh cares about his triffle for desert so i get what ever cake I like hehehe, hope the photo works.
cake 8.jpg

cake 11.jpg

1st choice to be same colour but with ivy and wedding flowers to cascade down side
2nd choice to be ivory and champaine colours again with added ivy and flowers top tiers to be fruit cake so we can keep and 2nd tier or other tiers not sure how many we be having to be chocolate mud.

RinTinTin
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 27, 2009 11:45 pm

Just made a thread in feedback asking for a new 2010 thread, if you want another one add a post!! Influence through the masses!!

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 27, 2009 11:50 pm

shall do :D

Jaymie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:08 pm

Hi girls!
We booked our date for 12th June, 2010. I'm so excited! FH and I just had our annual leave and were lucky enough to book the reception, celebrant, photographer, find my dress, dresses for my 3 girls, all 3 suits and organise the cake in 1 week.
We're having our ceremony & reception at Eschol Park House. I'm very excited.
Is anyone else worried about the weather? Our families aren't happy we booked in winter because of how cold it will be (and a higher chance for rain) but we liked the discounts so we booked it anyway.
All this rain is making me nervous and it's still a year away!
:heart:

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:00 pm

Jaymie wrote:
Is anyone else worried about the weather? Our families aren't happy we booked in winter because of how cold it will be (and a higher chance for rain) but we liked the discounts so we booked it anyway.
All this rain is making me nervous and it's still a year away!
:heart:

We are having ours in the dandenong ranges and it will be cold, everyone knows this and i am hopeing for light rain as its meant for good luck lol.
Well done on getting so much done in a week, I am back to work tonight after having 4 weeks off for Annual leave as well, so no more holidays till the wedding now :( but looking at 6 weeks off.

drinkyoupretty
little red dot in oz
little red dot in oz

Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:20 pm

Wow and i thought i was wayyy ahead in the planning!!
I'm a June 2010 bride too. The date is set for 12 June 2010 and we're having it in Darwin.

I decided I had to get in early as June's a pretty busy time in sunny Darwin. The only thing confirmed at the moment is the reception venue. I've got an appointment at the bridal shop this Friday! Weeeeeeee.... But my dream dress will most likely be out of the bridal shop lady's league (i hope not!).

Good to know I'm not the only one planning this far in advance :)

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:29 pm

drinkyoupretty wrote:
Wow and i thought i was wayyy ahead in the planning!!
I'm a June 2010 bride too. The date is set for 12 June 2010 and we're having it in Darwin.

I decided I had to get in early as June's a pretty busy time in sunny Darwin. The only thing confirmed at the moment is the reception venue. I've got an appointment at the bridal shop this Friday! Weeeeeeee.... But my dream dress will most likely be out of the bridal shop lady's league (i hope not!).

Good to know I'm not the only one planning this far in advance :)

Welcome,
I still have lots to do , final details for our cake and still looking around for hair-makeup and flowers I know what i want just have to find it all.
What kind of dress are you going for?

drinkyoupretty
little red dot in oz
little red dot in oz

Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:42 pm

hi snowravin,

as i am singaporean-indian and my FH is true blue aussie, i want to have a fusion wedding.
we're not having a traditional wedding at all so i thought it'd be nice to blend the Indian theme into the wedding, especially with the gown i wear.

i've posted some ideas/inspirational pics here: http://forum.weddingcentral.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=103971&p=1619100#p1619100

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:58 pm

WoW love those dresses, and I love the head wear in the second last photo I am after something like that, for myself the only one i have found that i like is in the USA, might have to go for a necklace and try to make it into headwear. my fh is maroi but our wedding is medieval/celtic

Sarah Jane

Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:09 pm

Hi everyone,
First time poster here.
I too am getting married in June 2010.
After being together for 9 years FH finally decided the time was right lol

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:13 pm

Sarah Jane wrote:
Hi everyone,
First time poster here.

Welcome to WC I'm sure you fill find lots of ideas in the many pages here, the girls and guys are helpful. And congrats as well on your wedding plans, what date in June?

Sarah Jane

Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:35 pm

snowravin wrote:
Sarah Jane wrote:
Hi everyone,
First time poster here.

Welcome to WC I'm sure you fill find lots of ideas in the many pages here, the girls and guys are helpful. And congrats as well on your wedding plans, what date in June?

Hi,
June 12.
I am so excited but I wonder if I am rushing things seeing as it's a year away lol...
But I found my dress today!!! As soon as I tried it on I knew it was the one lol
Not sure how to add links but it is a Maggie Sottero called Reese.
I only tried it on for the fun of it but it just hit me and I love it

drinkyoupretty
little red dot in oz
little red dot in oz

Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi Sarah Jane, we share the same wedding date. :lol:

I don't think it's too early to plan.
June in Darwin is busy wedding season due to the beautiful weather. So everything gets booked out early.
Also, I know myself. I'm so fussy and indecisive, I knew I had to start planning early!

And as I plan on doing a bit of DIY stuff, I don't want to start too late..... It IS less than a year away :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.13