A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

nugget101

Re: November 2010

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:53 pm

Hi, I have just joined the forum. My partner and I are getting Married Nov 20. So excited going to have it at the Bunya Mountains so should be beautiful at this time of year. :D
So far have planned bits and pieces. This is the best place for advise.

saza42

Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:03 pm

My Date is the 05.11.2010 its a friday wedding but is the only date we could get in Nov we were happy with. All saturdays we already booked out. What else has everyone booked. I have got quotes for limos and djs thats it

shelby23

Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi Girls,

We have just changed our date from Feb 2010 to 20 November 2010, we are getting married in Toowoomba, we have booked the Ceremony and reception venue, they are being held at the same place, chosen our Celebrant and who will be doing my hair and make-up. We are also having our sons naming ceremony after the wedding ceremony that way it will make it all the more special for all of us.

We recently had our Engagement party and although I was stressing over everything it all came together and we all had a lovely night.

How are everybody else plans coming along?

lill_kitten
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:04 pm

Yay now i have 2 date twins for 20/11/10!!

Going dress shopping tomorrow!! So excited!

And i officially get my ring in a week but i got it resized 2 days ago, thats about it from me :D

lill_kitten
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:51 am

So not much seems to be hapnin but i went to abbey bridal and fell in love with this dress
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx ... le=A3230LU
I cant stop thinking about it, am going back in a few weeks with my dad since he has similar tast to my FH

klea

Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:30 am

We have set our date for the 7th of November 2010! We are having it in the Whitsundays so Im hoping it being Melbourne Cup week will help our guests make a holiday of it! Now the planning begins.....I think I will need a checklist as I have no idea where to begin!

lill_kitten
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:58 am

main things to tick off your list should be

book reception venue they book out ages in advance depending on popularity
book celebrant - they can sometimes be booked up ages in advance
possibly book photographer once again people book them up, email or call to get lots of quotes and know what you want, just digital images? or a album? how many hours do you want etc
start looking at dressess to get an idea of what you like, sone take up to 7 months to order in so to avoid them arriving late buy with time to spare (plus you may need alterations after it has arrived)

flowers cake hair and makeup can be left till a bit later depending on how organised you want to be, some makeup and hair places book quickly
get pictures of things you like eg hairstyles decorations centerpieces cakes etc

thats all i can think about right now
hope it helps

klea

Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:10 pm

lill_kitten wrote:
main things to tick off your list should be

book reception venue they book out ages in advance depending on popularity
book celebrant - they can sometimes be booked up ages in advance
possibly book photographer once again people book them up, email or call to get lots of quotes and know what you want, just digital images? or a album? how many hours do you want etc
start looking at dressess to get an idea of what you like, sone take up to 7 months to order in so to avoid them arriving late buy with time to spare (plus you may need alterations after it has arrived)

flowers cake hair and makeup can be left till a bit later depending on how organised you want to be, some makeup and hair places book quickly
get pictures of things you like eg hairstyles decorations centerpieces cakes etc

thats all i can think about right now
hope it helps

Thanks Lill Kitten :) I have booked the first things on the list, reception, celebrant, photographer, now just onto the other things that I need to decide on, agghhh theres so many cakes, dresses, and flowers to choose from 8O so Im glad I have the time to look around! The checklist on Wedding Central is a huge help.

lill_kitten
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:52 pm

Yay paid 50% on my dress yesterday and here it is, excuse the lack of makeup

argh so excited now

shelby23

Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:49 pm

Lill_Kitten that dress is gorgeous on you...are you wearing the gloves aswell or is that just for protection??

I went shopping with my Bridesmaids on Saturday and chose 2 dresses although I loved one more than the other...couldn't make up my mind so I took my Mum down there and she finally made the decision that I couldn't so yay....I am going down on Wednesday to put the deposit on it...It is a Miro Lee gown, white, strapless with the boned bodice and full skirt...I will try to put a pic up but can't promise it will work

here goes.....

well it didn't work but I have the link for a photo of the same dress...it looks sooo much better on...can't belive I found it!!! Now for the rest...I am thinking of changing my colours from sapphire and silver to black and white???

http://my.stltoday.com/Bridal_Businesse ... D94832.jpg

lill_kitten
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:31 am

Lol yer the gloves were just to protect the dress, we had to wear them.

Your dress looks lovely, cant wait to see pics of it on you

Doesn't it just feel more real once youve found the dress?

shelby23

Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:49 pm

Is anybody else getting really over the whole wedding thing and just want it all over and done with??? I'm really over having to make decisions on colors, favours, cake, shoes, hair....it's all too much...so over it!!! I think I'm just going crazy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to an Expo coming up here in Toowoomba soon though, I can't believe I just said that, but I am...I have just lost it,lol. Might make a decision on a photographer. Does anyone know of anybody around the Toowoomba, Darling Downs area, even Brissy if they are willing to travel, I really don't want to pay heaps but I don't want dodgy either.

So you think you can dance is so irritating, Mary is soooo freaking loud and annoying. Night

clairesanderson1979

Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:25 am

Firstly, I'm a november 2010 girl too! Nov 6, yay =)

Shelby23, I think these guys are in Toowoomba. I think they also probably cost an arm and a leg, but you should at least check out their work. From what I've seen, they are absolutely amazing. Katie does the photography, and her partner Matt does the video. http://www.shadowplay.com.au

and YES I too think i'm going a lil crazy over all the decisions.... OMG

melly-j

Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:14 pm

Hi Ladies

I just wanted to say that i'm November 2010 bride too. I'm getting married on 21st of November at a Port Melbourne Pier, and then reception at Port Melbourne Yacht Club! I've booked mostly everything, so now waitiing is just the hard part!!

melly-j

Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:35 pm

i have found this photo of a bridesmaid when i googled my wedding reception venue, and now i am totally in love with it, esp with the lace/motif at the bottom. anyone seen anything like this around?

FutureMrsJames

Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:06 pm

hi everyone!!!

Im another November 2010 bride to be! Our date is 13th november.....
Originally it was supposed to be March 2010 but we changed our minds as we have a 16 month old and we are in the process of building our own home, so money will be tight for a while and we want to involve our son!!! :mrgreen:

Melissa03

Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:31 pm

Hey November Brides
Yay i another one

All booked for the 6th November 2010 at sandringham yacht club, can't wait. The new building is stunning.

Have nothing else organised as yet, you all seem so organised, photographer and band next on my list.

Mahalia27

Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi all fellow November brides!!

My partner and I found a venue perfect for us yesterday and the dates they have available are the 20th and 27th November, and we are leaning towards picking the 20th at this stage! So there may be quite a few brides on that date..... will be great to all share the journey together!

FH and I were originally thinking March 2011, but we are going overseas travelling/honymooning in April 2011 for around 6 months and we thought it may be a bit too much organising a wedding and such a huge trip (we want to go to USA, Canada, the UK, France, SPain, Italy, Greece and Egypt!) all at once! Also, the garden where the ceremony takes place overlooks a forest/paddocks/vineyards and it looks stunning at this time of the year (SO green!), whereas in March everything will be a bit browner.

Lil Kitten, just have to say - your dress is gorgeous, and looks absolutely stunning on you!

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more of everyones wedding plans as they come together!

lill_kitten
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:50 pm

20th = Awesome :)

So what have people organised so far?

Iv
Booked Celebrant
Booked photography
Booked reception
Paid deposit on the dress
Booked the Hair and makup people
Pretty sure where i want to get my cake from

What has everyone else done so far?

Mahalia27

Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:40 pm

Ooops, change of plans! Rang to pay the deposit for our venue this morning and the lady said a couple came in straight after us and booked the 20th! So 27th it is, not sure if I have a wedding twin on here?

I am getting a little scared about how much people seem to have done/booked already, all I have is the date and the venue!! Have put a lot of thought into other stuff but just got lots of ideas at the moment!

Would love to hear what stages everyone else is at! Any Adelaide November brides out there?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.38