A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Mills2B
I need a title
I need a title

Re: November 2010

Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:04 pm

Hello all! I'm getting married Nov 2010 also, on the 2nd at Daydream island! I'm so excited!

Mahalia27

Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:37 am

Wow Mills2B, how exciting! Hows your planning going?
Are you having a destination wedding or do you live near Daydream? What an amazing place to get married!

I might have to revisit the 'money saving' section of this forum as DH and I have set a budget and I'm finding it hard sticking to it with all the cool ideas I've found on here...

Does anyone think it's 'rude' to NOT have bonboneires/a gift for the guests? Last wedding I went to was the best I've ever attended, and everything was very simple - I didn't even notice that there were no bonboneires til I looked back at the pics of the room! Or I was thinking a chocolate from the Choc factory in our hometown as my Aunty works there. Is this being cheap?

Hope everyone is well and had a good weekend! : )

lill_kitten
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:47 pm

Im not having them, after giving them alcohol and 3 courses of food at my expense i see no reason to give them a little present that they will probably throw away anyway, so no its not rude to not have bombithingies

PinkRoses

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:43 pm

I am just starting to plan our wedding for November 2010. We are still deciding on a date either 6th or 13th of November. We have already had a chat to our parish priest and he is happy with either date. It has been something that we just recently planned. We were going to wait for a while, but my mum has lung cancer (althrough she has never smoked), and the doctor hasn't given her too long. So we want to do the wedding while she is still with us.

So I really need to start planning, because other than the church, I don't have anything planned.
I really don't know where to start.
Any ideas?

Mills2B
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:13 pm

Planning is going well! Yes we decided on a destination wedding, with only our immediate families present. There were some early tensions regarding family expectations of the guest list/bridal party/who was paying, so FH suggested eloping to Vegas... and I met him halfway with this idea :) I faxed all our forms and deposit through today, so we are booked for 2nd November!

PinkRoses- I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum. I think it's lovely that she will be a part of your special day- memories I know you will keep with you forever. You will have some beautiful photos of you all together on your special day to cherish forever

PinkRoses

Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:08 pm

What is everyone else doing with the men's suits?
I am having the wedding on the Sunshine Coast, and therefore I am thanking of forgoing the jacket/tie. Because it is just going to be too hot!!.
I am thinking of maybe black/chocolate pants with a white/blue shirt. (and letting the boys unbutton the first couple of buttons-so that they are more comfortable). I was thanking that a nice belt/shoes could dress it up.

But is this still appropriate in a church. I had a friend of a friend who had a catholic church wedding with a mass. (which goes for a while), and one of the groom's men fell down during the ceremony. (It was a combination of standing too long, and wearing a suit in February)

So I am not sure which way to go. Any ideas?

cinderella_375
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:40 am

Hey ladies,

I am getting married on the 12th November, 2010 at Montsalvat, Melbourne. Can't wait for a Friday wedding either, meaning a LONG weekend party!!!

I have only organised the wedding ceremony and reception (both at Montsalvat). I had put a very small deposit on my dress at Rafaelle Ciuca, but after reading all the rave reviews about bridalgown.net am hopefully going to cancel and order from US instead at half the price!

Everyone seems so super organised. I have hardly even organised my engagement party!! :roll:

lill_kitten
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:36 pm

Thats a good point about the suits, i dont know what i am going to do, i had this vision of them but i realise now that my vision will be too hot :(

sandy_1902
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:47 pm

hi im new here..

planning for novemeber next year..

when should i book the location?? i still dont even no where!!

Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:33 pm

Hi ladies!

I'll be getting married on the 21st of November. I can't wait to tie the knot, although I'm already feeling stressed over all the planning. I've already booked the reception but haven't yet booked a church. I wanted to have my ceremony at my local church but the time the ceremony will take place doesn't suit me. If anyone has any suggestions for a church with nice architecture please let me know. I'm located in Flemington. Cheers!

Mahalia27

Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:59 pm

Hey everyone!

Thanks for your input on the 'bonbithingies' lillkitten, I'm thinking the same thing - we are already spending enough so our guests can eat and drink like kings, that should be enough!

PinkRoses, so sorry to hear about your Mum, am thinking of you at this time - make sure you make the most of every moment you have together, and I'm sure your wedding day will be full of cherished memories for lots of different reasons. I lost my Mum to cancer a few years ago, and am always thinking of how much I wish she was here to share the excitement of planning a wedding and everything else in general...

Planning wise, I can't be of much help - all I've done is book the venue (garden ceremony and reception all at the same place). First things to look into and book would be your church and priest, reception venue, photographer, and maybe start looking into music (band/DJ), do a rough guest list to figure out a number estimate, decide who you would like in your bridal party, start looking at dresses! Hmm sounds like a lot... probably didn't even cover everything!

Mills2B, sounds amazing! Have heard so many horror stories from friends etc about family issues - we are lucky that both of our families are really relaxed about it all and are letting us decide everything (we are paying for about 80% ourselves).

Hmm, not sure about the suits. To be honest I'm more concerned with my dress to worry about the boys will be wearing, think I'll leave it up to them! Maybe ask your priest for his opinion on mens dress in the church, I guess it all depends how relaxed or formal that particular church is.

Congrats Frangipani Bride!! What have you organised so far, would love to hear!

Cinderella Bride, I'm also doing some research into using an online store to buy my wedding dress - just can't justify spending so much on something that will only be worn for the day!

Welcome to Sandy and Karma, looking forward to hearing more about everyones weddings!

Have a great weekend :D

Peaches*
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:37 pm

Hi Guys, im new to this Thread,

WE have just recently set our wedding date to the 13th of November 2010. some people say thats unlucky, but to tell you the truth i hadnt even thought about that. Im from Hobart and we are getting marred at a pace called Newlands in Lenah Valley.

Im in love with a Maggie Sottero Gown - Claudette. However im not wanting to pay the $$$. Has anyone bought heard about Bridalgown.net???

cinderella_375
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:37 pm

Hey Peaches,

I am new too. Welcome! Check out this thread.... if you haven't already:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=86798&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=100 (I hope that's right)

It made me so much more confident about my decision to buy there too!

Peaches*
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:01 pm

Thanks Cinderella,
how are your wedding plans going....?
im considering buying claudette from bridalgown.net, although i havnt tried it on.
the bridal store that ive tried a few dresses on at said i could order it in the size 10 and it would fit (corset back) and its a ballgown style so it wont hug my hips LOL
its retails for $2200 here in Tasmania but its $800 USD on the net, talk about cheap!
I sent them a email on Friday asking a few questions, but I havnt receiveda response as yet....

cinderella_375
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:41 pm

Oh let me know if they reply to you and what you asked. I am just waiting to bank some funds and then will hopefully go ahead and buy!

Where are you from in Tassie? I used to live in Launceston....in melbourne now!

courtneyrebel

Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:13 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site...and the whole wedding thing! My partner and I just got engaged and are likely looking at getting married in November 2010. I work in events so I know that venues get snapped up very fast, so that is the first thing on my list I want to get ticked off.

Does anyone have any good or bad comments on Comme or the Deck at the Prince in Melbourne? We are looking for somewhere contemporary with great food, most likely a CBD venue, ideally with a bit of a view!

Thanks for any feedback :)

lill_kitten
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:02 am

Im sorry i dont know much about the prince of melbourn but its probably best you book soon as they get booked pretty quickly as do most things.

Iv started to worry the last few days, it is sooooo hot at the moment and im thinking if it would be really crule to put the boys in full suits :S

Only a year left girls!!! :D not to long now

cinderella_375
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:24 pm

Yay. I keep looking at all our count down tickers!!! A YEAR to go, I know!!! Will fly by I am sure.

Are you gals holding out for the Bridal expos to organise other bits and bobs? Does anyone know if it is worth waiting for this, are there discounts etc? Or just a big advertisment type thing?

Peaches*
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi guys, Ive just this second ordered my wedding gown from bridalgown.net (in America)

Im very excited and scared, all at the same time.... ive seen rave reviews on the forum about them and they have a 100% positive feedback on their ebay store.

Its a Maggie Sottero Gown - Claudette RRP $2200. its cost me $1020 AUD including postage to Hobart.

Awating my email from tehem to confirm my ETA. apparently it usually takeds 5 to 6 months for the designer to make and bridalgown.net to post to you from New York.

lill_kitten
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:55 pm

good luck! let us know how it goes.

cinderella_375 - iv got my main things like photographer and makeup artist booked as im an over planner and i needed them sorted out asap just of for my piece of mind. For things like the cake and flowers i might look at the bridal expos and for just the little bits and bobs.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.21