A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

leana
♥ S & L - A & F ♥
♥ S & L - A & F ♥

Re: November 2010

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:29 am

I'm excited, but nervous at the same time - still have a few things to finalise!! And everyone seems to think I'm going to solve all their problems for them, like should you go to work on Tuesday before the wedding?! Ummm.... I don't really care, and it has nothing to do with me!! :roll:

Bride Bec
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:58 am

26 days left for Nov 27 brides! :D

Have 13 RSVP's still outstanding so FH is going to follow up on them this week. Then I can organise seating chart and get placecards made.

Found out at FH's brother (only sibling) isnt coming to the wedding due to work commitments. :roll: :evil: What a load of crapolla. He's coming up until he works out he isnt in the bridal party then has work commitments.

amy-aims
Married & still Crazy in ♥
Married & still Crazy in ♥

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:08 am

We are all getting married THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!! :D :D :mrgreen: :heart:

wee_one
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:12 am

amy-aims wrote:
We are all getting married THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!! :D :D :mrgreen: :heart:

I just logged in to write the exact same thing!!!

YAY November Brides!!

Hope everyone is relaxed / happy / ontop of everything and isn't doing any last minute stressing or running around!!

Jess, any news on the dress!?!?

jess85
mum2b
mum2b

Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:53 pm

wee_one wrote:

nope. they promised dad on fri 22/10 that they would ring me the following week to update me but i heard nothing so dad is ringing them today to express his disgust at the situation! once he lets me know what was said etc, i'll let you know

also, i had my hens on the weekend and i had lots of fun. didnt do some of the things we were going to do (go to a few clubs etc), but it was still a good day/night and my MOH did the best job oganising everyone/everything

wee_one
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:29 pm

jess85 wrote:
wee_one wrote:

nope. they promised dad on fri 22/10 that they would ring me the following week to update me but i heard nothing so dad is ringing them today to express his disgust at the situation! once he lets me know what was said etc, i'll let you know

that really is disgusting! I hope your dad lets them have it!

jess85
mum2b
mum2b

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:38 pm

the store told dad my dress would be here by monday. the seamstress called me but i missed it, so have to call her back tomorrow

~abstar~
Formerly known as Abbie_2010
Formerly known as Abbie_2010

Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:25 pm

jess85 wrote:
the store told dad my dress would be here by monday. the seamstress called me but i missed it, so have to call her back tomorrow

Wow atleast you have a day now! Monday is no far away!

cinderella_375
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:53 pm

Agggghhhhh ladies we are so close now! I really need to get back on track though, the last few days have been overshadowed with my other big news! :wink:
Tonight I sat down to put together our bon bon boxes. Need to cut up heaps of ribbon and cellophane in preparation for our massive day of baking next Wed. (Why oh why did we do it to ourselves?!!!!)
Now I am also in a panic because my dad was supposed to drive me to the wedding in his old cool car, which now won't be ready as he doesn't have enough money to finish doing it up, So tomorrow will be a mad panic to organise a car for next Friday! I think I may just hire a nice chauffeured taxi. I wasn't that fussed on cars in the first place! I resent spending money on them!!!
I got my dress back on the weekend which is a relief. Tomorrow, being Cup Day in Melbourne, will be a massive running around day for us.
TO DO:
- Taking up FH's suit pants
- Buying wine bags for all the thankyous
- Making menu holders
- Embroidering BMs robes
- Making wishing tree for guest book
- Buying ingredients for biscuits
- Need to wear in shoes!!!!!! (Eeek)
- Need to get out enough cash to pay everyone and envelope!
- Pay cake off
- Confirm video and photographer
- Make DJ CDs/list

I am sure there is so much more to do.......

wee_one
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:16 am

jess85 wrote:

YAY!! You finally have a date!

My fingers are crossed for you that its here Monday! How exciting!

Bride Bec
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:43 am

jess85 wrote:

Wohoo Jess! I'm very happy you now have a date and hopefully can sleep a little easier! :wink:

My flowergirl dresses are now finished just hope my neices don't have any little growth spurts in the next 25 days! One bridesmaid dress is getting altered slightly on Thursday. Planning on filling bonbonierre boxes with chocolates and attaching ribbon and tags the week of the wedding.

Just need to finalise guest list (still waiting on RSVP's) so I can get place cards and seating chart made as well as finalise reception account.

Can't believe I am getting married this month! :D 8O :D

leana
♥ S & L - A & F ♥
♥ S & L - A & F ♥

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:56 am

It's a start that they have actually given you a date! I hope they don't mess you around any further than they already have!! You certainly are doing an excellent job of staying calm during a stressful time! :heart: :heart:

jess85
mum2b
mum2b

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:29 am

thanks ladies :) i just got to the point where i'd stressed enough, and was that over it all that i just tried to forget about it. my hens weekend was the perfect distraction!

we are meeting with the priest on sunday afternoon to finalise the ceremony and to try and book in for a rehearsal the day before the wedding

still waiting for the harpist to let me know when she can meet with us..i have a feeling i will have to make a 3rd phonecall to figure this out.

also going to the decorator today to find out how much needs paying as it has to be paid 21 days before wedding which is this saturday

between now and the wedding we have to:
finish decorating the bubbles
organise the stuff that needs to go with FH for when he gets ready
get hankies embroidered
FH needs to pick a ring
flowergirl dresses need to be altered (FMIL is doing that)
make up OOS booklets
meet with harpist is she gets her act together
finalise flowers
finalise numbers and menu with venue
pay for everything

Peach_n_cream1311

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:40 am

OMG 10 Days for November 13 Brides!!!! It has been a bumpy road planning my budget wedding in 3 months but we are almost there woohoo.....

To Do....
Meet With celebrant to discuss fine detail and pay off (so nervous bout the ceremony)
Meet with the reception center finalize menu and pay off
Jason derulo concert with my bridesmaids (Friday)
Get my hair n nails did (Saturday)
Hair trial (Sunday)
Get E ring cleaned (Monday)
Get my brows wax n tinted n tan on (Thursday)
Drop off centerpieces to reception (Thursday)
Rehersal & Photographer meet up (Friday)
Still to finalize transport????

ON The Day....
Pick up, Pay n Drop off Cake
Pick up Flowers, Pay & make bouquets, etc....
:heart: :heart: GET MARRIED!!!!! Wohoo :heart: :heart:

Next Day...
:heart: Head to Melbourne for our mini honey moon for 2 nights :heart:

leana
♥ S & L - A & F ♥
♥ S & L - A & F ♥

Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Has anyone found a weather forecast site that will tell you more than 7 days in advance? I need one for SA, I'm a little worried about what the weather's going to be like! :?

Peach_n_cream1311

Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:27 pm

leana wrote:
Has anyone found a weather forecast site that will tell you more than 7 days in advance? I need one for SA, I'm a little worried about what the weather's going to be like! :?

OMG thats funny I just checked... It has up until the day of our weddings and its not good news for me so far 22 and thunderstorms... :cry:
Hope you have more luck!
http://www.weatherchanel.com.au

leana
♥ S & L - A & F ♥
♥ S & L - A & F ♥

Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:46 pm

I found that website this morning and it was looking better then.. it was looking sunny and 25 the day before, now it's saying rain from wed-fri and 20! :( I hope it picks up because I don't have a backup plan as yet! :?

jess85
mum2b
mum2b

Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:11 pm

leana wrote:

i use ninemsn weather- it has a 28 day forecast although im not relying on it

i feel like i got a bit done today. booked in for alterations (dress should be here on monday), organised final payment for reception decorations, bought MOH a necklace as a keepsake gift (her jewellery for the day is just from Diva), trying to organise reception music

Peach_n_cream1311

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:21 pm

GZIP: On | Load: 0.28