A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Kellyansapansa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: November 2010

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:24 am

Two of them say in the 30's and sunny, one still says 22 - who knows what to believe!

~abstar~
Formerly known as Abbie_2010
Formerly known as Abbie_2010

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:00 am

So November 6 Ladies! How are you feeling? Only 2 more sleeps for you!

Peach_n_cream1311

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:41 am

Kellyansapansa wrote:
Two of them say in the 30's and sunny, one still says 22 - who knows what to believe!

I know what you mean... I have foxtel and have been checking the 28 day rain chart since the 13th was visable and it changes all the time.
I am just hoping the showers are earlier than 4pm and its warmish so we can use the gardens for our ceremony and during the reception...Fingers crossed :D

wee_one
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:43 am

The weather forecasts are giving me a headache! They all say different things for the 13th! One is clear and sunny, another is showers possible thunderstorms!!

Guess I just have to wait and see!!

9 sleeps...

lill_kitten
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:50 pm

Can't believe it's so close. I'm just not going to look at the weather till closer to the day

jess85
mum2b
mum2b

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:32 pm

we should be finalising our menu and other details with reception venue on sunday, then we're meeting with the priest to finalise readings etc for ceremony :)

reception decos are being finalised tomorrow and fully paid for

wee_one
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Had a little meltdown today!

I was getting plucked, waxed and coloured and I suddenly realised - I am doing this all for our WEDDING next weekend.

Now I get brazillians all the time and my hair gets coloured every 2.5mths so this was nothing new - except it was in preparation for our WEDDING NEXT WEEKEND!

I got quite tight in the chest and nervous thinking about everyone looking at me as I profess my love for FH - it really knocked me for a six! the getting married part doesn't worry me - thats fine, its just the act of standing there infront of my family and friends that freaks me!

Luckly when FH came to pick me up I talked it over with him and he welcomed me nervousness and stressing out a bit as he said he's been there for a couple of days! He is so nervous about giving a speech. bless.

Just had a glass of wine and a hot bath and I'm all good again!!

Kellyansapansa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:56 am

Last day of work today - woo hoo!

ric & crys
Mrs A
Mrs A

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:52 am

Kellyansapansa wrote:

jealous, I still have days

leana
♥ S & L - A & F ♥
♥ S & L - A & F ♥

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:02 am

My last day of work too! As I will not be around for the next 2 weeks, GOOD LUCK to all of you lovely ladies and I will see you on the other side!! :mrgreen:
I haven't had any freak out's yet, I still can't quite wrap my head around it that we're finally getting married. My MOH burst into tears the other day at her boyfriend's birthday party, and said "OMG my little girls getting married!" and I just looked at her sideways and gave her a hug! (Bless her little cotton socks!!) :heart:

I still need to:
Get a flat pair of shoes for the reception (only decided a couple of days ago - will need to do next week)
Get FH a ring (since his custom ordered and paid for ring isn't going to be here in time - will need to do next week)
Pay for BM dress alterations (Sunday - when I pick one of the dresses up)
Pick my dress up (Tuesday)
Tan & thinning hair (today)
Waiting for ceremony draft from celebrate (he said he's email me on Sunday as he's performing weddings until then)
Get boys suits altered (my Grandma's doing it when she gets over here)
Finish downloading songs & put onto iPod ready to go
Decorate reception area (can't do until Friday night, and Saturday morning)
Get my nails done (a couple of days before the wedding)

That's everything I can think of. It didn't seem like that much in my head, but it's spaced out over the next week so it won't actually be that stressful!
I can't wait to get back here and see how everyone's big day went! Thank you all for your help over the last few months, and good luck to everyone! :heart: :heart:

Bride Bec
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:09 am

ric & crys wrote:
Kellyansapansa wrote:

jealous, I still have days

So jealous too! I have 10 days to go and it is going to be a bedlam 10 days. :roll:

Good luck Leana!!!!!!!

Confirmed numbers, so have put together seating chart so have sent to invitation lady to get made. Just need to organise play list for the DJ. I plan on putting the bonbonniere together the week of the day and have organised a ceremony run through the afternoon before the wedding with just the bridal party, just so we know where to stand etc, check where the sun is.
And have ordered through Subway a sandwich platter to be delievered to us the morning of the wedding so we all eat something.

I had one of bridesmaids at home yesterday for her final fitting and she was getting all anxious and flustered about the wedding. I found myself reassuring her that it was going to be okay! :lol: talk about role reversal

cinderella_375
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:21 pm

Agghhhhhhh Nov 6th girls! How was it??? Congratssssss!

My weather forecast for Friday; 32 degrees, showers, possible thunderstorms!!! Gee, heaven!!!

Kellyansapansa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:30 am

Is anyone else doing a Trash The Dress shoot afterwards?

I'm going to take part in this:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/rocked-the-frock-now-trashing-the-dress-takes-the-cake/story-e6fredpu-1225948867808

ric & crys
Mrs A
Mrs A

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:02 am

congrats to the November 6 girls, wow I cant believe we are now in November and some of us are Mrs already

jess85
mum2b
mum2b

Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:02 pm

we finalised our menu and a few finer details today, also finalised ceremony (readings etc), now i just have to email the seating plan to the reception coordinator and type + print OOS which we are just doing a 1 page scroll type thing. we have to go back to the priest on 21st nov to sign our stat decs. we also decided we're not having a rehearsal

still to do: red = done
GET MY DRESS + ALTERATIONS
book in to get my hair done
get hankies embroidered
get moneyboxes engraved

buy pencils and crayons
finish decorating bubbles
get ribbon for the cars and for to decorate the wishing well
put all the cufflinks in boxes and label them
email seating plan + layout to reception coordinator
add dj and photographer to the guestlist so they get fed
print colouring-in books

print OOS
organise a box with all the stuff FH needs to take with him for getting ready
organise a box with all the stuff i need to take with me the day before to get ready
finalise flowers + pay for them
meet with priest to sign stat decs
pay for cake week before
pay for the rest of the honeymoon week before
organise hire car
pay the remainder of the reception + add more $$ to bar tab
pick up suits on the wednesday
pay rest of photography package week before or on the day
pay dj on the day
pay harpist on the day
give donation to church on the day

i think/hope thats all
Last edited by jess85 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nea_2505
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:37 am

Jess have you picked up your dress today yet? They did say it would arrive today didnt they?

12 days OMG... I had my bacherlorette party on the weekend it was the best night ever, check out my S&T for pics of my mu trial and hair ect.

I havent got a lot to do at the moment, really just work out the seating plan, started packing for the honeymoon too 8O

jess85
mum2b
mum2b

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:30 pm

Nea_2505 wrote:
Jess have you picked up your dress today yet? They did say it would arrive today didnt they?

havent heard anything from them! they're supposed to let me know when it arrives, and the plan was that i would pick it up on wednesday before i went to get the alterations...im ringing them at 4pm if i dont hear anything before then

Bride Bec
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:42 pm

jess85 wrote:
Nea_2505 wrote:

havent heard anything from them! they're supposed to let me know when it arrives, and the plan was that i would pick it up on wednesday before i went to get the alterations...im ringing them at 4pm if i dont hear anything before then

Fingers crossed for you Jess!

jess85
mum2b
mum2b

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:05 pm

i rang not long after making that other post..the girl had to ring me back because her mum is the one that deals with all the orders and she was at home. im now being told that the dress should be here by the end of the week but when i said we were told it would be here by today and that my MOH and myself are booked in for alterations on wednesday she said she'd chase it up and call me back. havent heard back yet and its past closing time :twisted:

wee_one
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:18 pm

JESS! My heart goes out to you every time I read about your dress dramas!

I hope you do name and shame the dress place you got it from. Seriously, its ridiculous how long its taken for your dress and the lack of service you have been getting is terrible.

To all the Nov 6's hope your day was AMAZING

and to all us Nov 13 - only 5 more days!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.52