A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jess85
mum2b
mum2b

Re: November 2010

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:45 pm

thanks wee_one :) i havent shed any tears over the dress dramas as yet, but im feeling a little bitter towards the mother of the mother/daughter team running the store- telling us one thing, then not even bothering to let me know of any progress etc. the daughter sounded a bit more sympathetic towards my situation but if i dont get a call in the morning they will receive an extremely nasty phonecall from dad..if they thought he was nasty before, they better look out!

ric & crys
Mrs A
Mrs A

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:47 pm

I have 11 days to go and I am a nervous reck, not that I dont want to marry fh but just the excitement and anticipation. I think there is also sadness, as we have been engaged for two years and we are now counting in days not years, all the planning and prepairing is coming to an end

ric & crys
Mrs A
Mrs A

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:10 am

Jess sorry to hear about the dress, are you able to physically go into store?

jess85
mum2b
mum2b

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:19 am

ric & crys wrote:
Jess sorry to hear about the dress, are you able to physically go into store?

the store is an hour away..i could drive up there but that just adds more expense to everything else :( . im going up there tomorrow as planned with my MOH to get her dress altered and i just have to reschedule my alterations.

wee_one
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:51 am

4 days and I am a complete reck!!

We leave for Byron Bay today (thats where we're getting married) so I am madly trying to pack everything for the week. It makes it doubly hard cause I have to remember what to pack for my son as well!!

We're getting SO excited!! we had a big chat yesterday about our nerves etc and afterwards FH said, "see, thats why I love you - cause we can sit and talk about things so openly".

Our nerves aren't about getting married - we're fine with that, its just having 100 people witness our love for eachother 8O that gets us a little freaked!!

Guest have started to arrive and my MOH and bridesmaids fly in tonight! YAY!!

Bride Bec
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:17 pm

Where is the time going! Only 17 days for Nov 27th brides!

Have you heard about your dress, Jess?

~abstar~
Formerly known as Abbie_2010

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:53 pm

17 Days is crazy! I just finished my table runners and now I'm working on my pen holders for the guest book and then I just have to put my guests names in my guest book and then I'm onto doing up my table seating poster!
I'm totally under control...paid all the big things lately just about $2k of things left to pay! Too exciting!

jess85
mum2b
mum2b

Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:33 pm

hmm 17 days to go and still no dress! was told it would be here today and alterations lady was under the same impression, yet i hadnt heard anything at 4pm so rang the store and the lady told me she told dad that it would be here at 11am tomorrow (which isnt true, she said it would be here today). i am booked in at 12pm to get alterations and told them to ring me as soon as dress arrives because i dont want to get halfway there and not hear anything/be left in the dark. its an hr drive to the store so dont particularly want to waste my time/money/petrol

so fricken angry right now but there's not much i can do. they're blaming it on Essence and saying they have 'no heart' and and that they are stressing the store owner out because there have been alot of probs with the designer taking ages to get dresses sent out etc but im sure they're just making excuses

ric & crys
Mrs A
Mrs A

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:01 am

Hey Jess, I know it's hard right now but try and relax, a girl I work with who was a nov 6 bride( not on this forum) was meant to have her final fitting 2weeks prior and yet the lady hadn't even started, long story short she got her dress the wednesday before the wedding, ps just think at least your dress will fit perfect if you pick it up closer to the date, I picked mine ip yesterday (with 10 days to go) and because I'm stressed I know I'll loose another few kilos before the wedding so my tops going yo be too big,

Bride Bec
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:16 am

It will be fine, Jess! It will be a story you will be able to look back on and laugh. But I am very impressed that you have remained so calm and composed throughout the entire situation.

I paid for my reception yesterday so the bank account is looking a little lonely. But that is all the wedding expenses taken care off, even getting my hair coloured the week of the wedding and nails is paid for, as I didnt want to be worrying about paying for things. So one less stress!

Only 7 more work days to go,(including today) and I am on the countdown. :D

I havent started feeling any real great emotions as yet prob cause I am so busy at work, but writing out the deposit slip at the bank yesterday I found myself shaking and realising it is actually happening! 8O :D

How are other Nov brides going?

Peach_n_cream1311

Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:50 pm

Oh my 2 days! And although its gonna be horrible weather and my garden wedding is a fail, I am still sooooo excited and I have decided that I have done all that I can do and now I just want to enjoy my hard work!
I have had my hair dyed and cut, acrylic french nails, brows waxed and spray tan I feel awesome but have warned my FH I am addicted to the pampering lol

Can't wait till I can post pics :)

jess85
mum2b
mum2b

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:15 pm

hey ladies my dress arrived this morning and was promptly delivered to the seamstress so i drove up to the seamstress to try the dress on and organise any alterations although we're not entirely happy at how much the alterations are costing, but not much we can do.

its been very stressful but i have kept my cool as i dont see the point in making a fuss and yelling and screaming coz it wont get me anywhere.

Kellyansapansa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:55 am

You have a great attitude Jess - you're right, yelling and screaming might make you feel better for a little while but ultimately it doesn't change anything.

I only picked up my dress yesterday and am getting married tomorrow, so rest assured it can all come together in a very short amount of time!

Bride Bec
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:23 am

Wohoo Jess! That is such a great relief for you. :bdance:

toblove
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:36 am

Good luck to all Nov 13 Brides xxxx

cinderella_375
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:39 pm

I am a MRS! We were married yesterday in 32 degree heat and the threat of thunderstorms. It rained a little during photos but the clouds gave such stunning photos!
The day went off without a hitch and was so perfect. All my planning was so worth it. We had the best day ever and have amazing memories to last a lifetime!
Good luck to the rest of our November brides!!! X

ric & crys
Mrs A
Mrs A

Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:45 pm

Congrats glad you had a great day. Well fh and I are waiting at the airport to go to quuenstown. I may not get a chance to hop back on so goodluck and thank you all

~abstar~

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:37 pm

cinderella_375 wrote:
I am a MRS! We were married yesterday in 32 degree heat and the threat of thunderstorms. It rained a little during photos but the clouds gave such stunning photos!
The day went off without a hitch and was so perfect. All my planning was so worth it. We had the best day ever and have amazing memories to last a lifetime!
Good luck to the rest of our November brides!!! X

Congrts Cinderella can't wait to see pics

ric & crys wrote:
Congrats glad you had a great day. Well fh and I are waiting at the airport to go to quuenstown. I may not get a chance to hop back on so goodluck and thank you all

Have a great time crys! Hope it all goes with out a hitch can't wait to see photos!

Nea_2505
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:41 am

Congrats Cinderella~!!!

Have a ball ric & crys.......

six more sleeps for Nov 20 brides........ I am so excited!!! but there is so much stuff that I keep forgetting about and then go into a mad rush tyring to find it!

My week is very busy, I am still teaching util Wednesday and I have ceremony rehearsals, nails, hair being dyed, tan, the list goes on!1

Not to mentio the weather reports.... hmmm not very happy with them at the moment, but we all know how reliable they are (thats what I keep telling myself)

lill_kitten
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:09 am

Yer, i keep checking the weather but reminding myself it changes constantly, I like the whole maximum of 23 thats showing at the moment but hopeing the chance of a shower happens in the morning 8O
GZIP: On | Load: 0.04