A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad
Topic Author

October 2010

Sat May 23, 2009 4:55 pm

A thread for all the ladies planning their weddings for October 2010. Enjoy!

emmylouly
Mrs Klinakis
Mrs Klinakis

Re: October 2010

Sat May 23, 2009 5:01 pm

YAY! Have been waiting for this one!

A big hello to all the October 2010 brides! I know theres definitely more than a few out there.

We're getting married on 23 October 2010, so excited already!

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Sat May 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Yay! October 2010 thread!

We are getting married on the 9/10/10

grumblebee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat May 23, 2009 9:28 pm

Hi Girls, my wedding is on 3/10/10

grumblebee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 24, 2009 1:13 pm

How are your plans coming along? Where are you getting married?

Mine's in adelaide, ceremony and cocktail reception in the ballroom at Ayers House. I've pretty got everything else planned, the only thing that i've yet to decide on is mua.

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Sun May 24, 2009 2:05 pm

We are getting married in Toowoomba at Brindabella country gardens. With our reception held at Drayton memorial hall. We are having a buffet style meal.

Getting there with the planning still loads and loads to do but I'm really enjoying the planning. Altho its so much more work then I expected!!!

In about a hour FH and I are off to meet with the celebrant and sign our legal paperwork. Oddly enough I'm excited!! 8O :lol:

I hope we like her, and I can't wait to start going thru ceremony readings and vows ect...

Carissa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 24, 2009 5:05 pm

Yay! I have a thread!

Booked in for 3/10/10 on South Stradbroke Island! :D

grumblebee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 24, 2009 6:25 pm

Carissa- We are wedding twins :D

Tea85- How did things go with the celebrant? I'm really excited about doing the paperwork too. My finace is living in Newcastle for work (I'm in Adelaide) and will be visiting next month so I'll be able to set up an appointment with our celebrant to do the paperwork soon, can't wait!

Carissa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 24, 2009 6:30 pm

grumblebee wrote:

Long weekend...Sunday 3rd October....perfect date!!! :D Is that why you chose it too? Because its a long weekend? I'm getting married in QLD where its not a long weekend, but most of our quests are from Sydney and other parts of NSW, so a Sunday on a long weekend made sense (Saturday-travel day to get to QLD, Sunday-Wedding, Monday-travel day to get home).

My wedding coordinator (also owner of our ceremony/reception venue) sent through a bunch of stuff last week via email re: seating plans, colour charts, decoration packages....ooooh so exciting!

emmylouly
Mrs Klinakis
Mrs Klinakis

Sun May 24, 2009 6:53 pm

Grumblebee, tea85 and carissa, you girls are so organised with your weddings already!

We've only booked reception at the International of Brighton. We went to look at one church today, it was our first choice as it is closest to the reception, however it may be a bit small. So it looks like we will be settling for the bigger one at Oakleigh (melb) that is a little bit further from the reception.

Other than that not much else done, except a lot of daydreaming!

We're planning on looking into photography and video next, taking it one step at a time, which is one of the reasons we picked a date so far out so we wouldnt be rushed into any decisions because of time restrictions.

So carissa you picked the 3rd because of the long weekend, sounds like a perfect plan. How did everyone else choose their dates? Do they have a special significance for anyone?

Carissa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 24, 2009 9:50 pm

Decided to start my own Show and Tell!
http://forum.weddingcentral.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=103361&p=1605146#p1605146

Also, I chose Oct 3rd not only because of the long weekend, but also because I'm a teacher and that weekend is smack bang in the middle of the school holidays!

grumblebee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 24, 2009 9:52 pm

Carissa wrote:
grumblebee wrote:

Long weekend...Sunday 3rd October....perfect date!!! :D Is that why you chose it too? Because its a long weekend?

Yes, that is exactly why we chose it. The wedding is in Adelaide and half the guests will be coming from Newcastle, Tamworth, Melbourne and Canberra. We figured the same as you, if they can't get leave or don't want to take leave they can travel on the Saturday and go home on the Monday.

I bought the lace to trim my dress and veil today :-) . I also got the patten and organza for my bolero jacket. I'm going for a 1930's look, dove grey/silver emipre line satin gown, spaghetti straps with drapped cowl neck. I'm going to have the lace added to the hem. The bolero is a vintage 30's pattern with a drapped fabric detail around the neckline. The veil will be made from very pale silver organza. I'm starting to get very excited.

Has anyone else got their dress yet?

grumblebee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 24, 2009 10:04 pm

Emmylouly- I'm a serial organiser and planning everying has helped me cope with the long distance relationship, it's been the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. I'm actually a bit concered that I'm going to have everything done so early that I wont have anything left to do in the lead up to the wedding and it might not be as exciting.

Carissa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 24, 2009 10:15 pm

Grumblebee-I too feel like I've already planned everything and will have nothing left to plan closer to the date....its sad to say, I've already begun cyberstalking Maternal forum...and we're not even planning babies until 6 months after the wedding :oops:

jetsetterjess
Jess the Best
Jess the Best

Sun May 24, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi ladies! Well we are booking in for 23rd October 2010, just have to pay the deposit for our reception venue (a golf club in Woodcroft, SA). Now we are on the hunt for a park/garden for the ceremony!! Once these 2 major things are sorted out we wil have a good idea of the cost and can get onto other things like bridal party suites/dresses. I don't think I will look for my wedding dress until early 2010 as I want to lose some weight before getting measured up etc. I think I might get it made overseas, not sure yet but we are on a tight budget ($10K, plus honeymoon) so will also be keeping an eye out for bargains.

emsa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 25, 2009 3:33 am

Yay, I have been waiting for this thread!

I'm getting married on Saturday 16 October 2010 - mine and FH's 5 year anniversary :D

grumblebee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 25, 2009 11:31 am

Carissa wrote:
Grumblebee-I too feel like I've already planned everything and will have nothing left to plan closer to the date....its sad to say, I've already begun cyberstalking Maternal forum...and we're not even planning babies until 6 months after the wedding :oops:

It sounds like we've got lots in common (apart from the baby thing) :D

JetsetterJess- I am trying to stick to a 10K budget too. So far it's going well, just a matter of prioritising. A small bridal party helps too, we are only having honour attendents. Where about's in Adelaide are you looking to have the ceremony?

Emsa- That's a great idea, having the wedding on your anniversary. FH and I make a big deal of our anniversary which is in August, but I guess the wedding anniversary will over rule it.

Carissa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 25, 2009 8:06 pm

Jettsetter Jess-Have you checked out Brides Closet? http://www.bridescloset.com.au/ They are an Australian company that makes dresses for under $600 plus delivery. They have a selection of dresses on their website, or if you send them ample pics, they will tell you if they can make that dress for you. I'm thinking of going through them because I like 2 dresses for different reasons and wanted to see if they can make them ''together'' IYKWIM? e.g. the top of one dress and the bottom of another dress. They also have a facebook page with more of the dresses they've made and customers have also posted up pics of their dresses on the wedding day:http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24017224601&ref=ts To date I've never heard a negative comment about them from any wedding forum.

There is also a site called Dress of Your Dreams with all dresses under $700: http://www.dressofyourdreams.com/index.htm. They have a wide variety of dresses on the website to choose from. I don't think they make from pics though. Heard good reviews from here too!

jetsetterjess
Jess the Best
Jess the Best

Mon May 25, 2009 11:03 pm

hi grumblebee, we're looking to have everything 'down south' of adelaide as i grew up in old noarlunga and lots of family friends live in the area (morphett vale to seaford area). plus i want to get ready at my parents place and possibly do some beach photos between ceremony/reception so why not do it near where i grew up hehe. we want a park or garden for the ceremony as not overly fussed on having it in a church. had a look at blackwood botanic gardens and it is nice there but it's all on a slope and parking looks a bit scarce so when i get a chance will be looking at places in reynella, flagstaff hill, clarendon (except my cousin got married at the main park in clarendon - so maybe not), and others close to the reception venue.

carissa those websites are awesome, i really want a champagne dress too (theme is purple, gold & champagne). i reckon it will suit me better than white/ivory and will be a bit different. i don't want to spend more than $1000 for my whole outfit (dress, veil, shoes, jewellery, sucky innie undies etc) so those dresses are really in my price range!

chellebelle
♥ baby on board! ♥
♥ baby on board! ♥

Mon May 25, 2009 11:16 pm

I'm getting married 9 October 2010. It's a special day for us because it's two years since he graduated from recruit training in the air force. A loooong three months apart. We're getting married at Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast. I'm from Brisbane and he's from a farm in the middle of nowhere. We're living in Wagga at the moment cos of the bloody RAAF. It sure is fun trying to plan things from far away! So far I've loved planning it and have decided on a few different things, but we're paying for our own wedding and I'm pretty stressed tonight trying to work out the budget.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.54