A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Mrs_muddie2b

Re: October 2010

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:37 am

Yay to all the beautiful October 2010 brides!

We are getting married in Fraser Island on the 16th October 2010, amazingly our "small and intermate" wedding from Newcastle NSW has turned into a 60 strong crowd! 8O

As Fraser has 4wd access only it has been a massive event right from the start to plan to get everything there, plus fresh flowers are out! But cant wait and it should be an amazing day. Major hitch so far would have to be my Fiance wanting to tie my wedding gown on the roof to save space! haha all teething prob's!

Happy flower, suit, shoes, table decorations, invitation, hair Planning ladies!

:heart: :heart:

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:42 am

Your plans sound great, nice and intimate with the people that care the most. Good work, got room for one more?! :lol:

nerin

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:39 pm

mrsmuddie where abouts on fraser are you getting married? Im getting married at kingfisher the week before. I had my hair trial a couple of weeks ago and the hairdresser said she had a bride up from newcastle for her trial...

nursekristel
♥ beach bride ♥
♥ beach bride ♥

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:14 pm

I have been pretty slack at wedding planning lately.. uni just seems to get in the way!
BUT I have finally gone wedding dress shopping and found a wedding dress.. I get it delivered in September sometime..
I have no idea what FH is going to wear at our wedding. I know he doesnt want to wear a suite..
Whats good for guys casual beach wedding style?!

sar.b846
Formerly known as bride2be846

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:11 am

Yay! It coming sooo fast! I booked our cake yesterday (decided not to make them myself) and have organised our premarriage counselling to start early August :D Everything is coming together, just need to organise accomodation now for the night before and night of :heart:

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:43 am

bride2be846 wrote:
Yay! It coming sooo fast! I booked our cake yesterday (decided not to make them myself) and have organised our premarriage counselling to start early August :D Everything is coming together, just need to organise accomodation now for the night before and night of :heart:

Whohooo :mrgreen:

confused
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:27 am

nursekristel wrote:
I have been pretty slack at wedding planning lately.. uni just seems to get in the way!
BUT I have finally gone wedding dress shopping and found a wedding dress.. I get it delivered in September sometime..
I have no idea what FH is going to wear at our wedding. I know he doesnt want to wear a suite..

a nice pair of khaki pans and a white shirt looks really nice

jetsetterjess
Jess the Best
Jess the Best

Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:51 am

well i ordered my wedder today. after going to stacks of jewellers to find a ring that will complement my e-ring i found it at angus and coote. it has a row of diamonds that is nearly the same length across my finger as my e-ring. it was $399 which is what i was after (<$500) and i don't have to get it resized which is awesome. basically they had only the white gold version of the ring i found, but they ordered it for me in my size in yellow gold. same price, and i should get it in 3 wks or so.

i got a bit annoyed at GE finance as i was going to put it on 6 mths interest free (every little bit helps hey?) and anyway because i reduced my credit limit on that card to $500 (i did that 2.5 yrs ago) they wouldn't increase my limit! i only had $200 avail cos i got tyres on that acc the other month so i did $200 on GE for the ring and the rest i will pay when i pick it up. the manager of angus and coote said she did the exact same thing with her ge card (go mastercard) and she wasn't able to get a limit increase for 3 yrs! apparently if you choose to reduce the limit there is a holding period when the company won't offer you an increase...very annoying. have conducted that account perfectly always paid everything off in the interest free period and they obviously don't like that?! anyway that's how it is when you want to finance stuff..

kel1409
Mrs Betto
Mrs Betto

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:22 am

nursekristel wrote:

We;re getting married on the beace, and Fh and the boys are just wearing black pants, a black shirt with purple (the BM dress colour) pinstripes. No ties, no jackets... oh and the boys are going to wear Globe skate shoes :)

MrsHutcho2B
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:17 pm

Hi Ladies -
Yes, time is coming up fast! Only 117 days to go for me :-)
I managed to send off our invitations last Monday ahead of tomorrow's Australia Post fee increase, so that was good timing (thanks to my step-Mum for reminding me about the postage increases to get my butt into gear!). We got our first RSVP back from our videographer! Glad he is coming!
We signed our "Declaration of Intent" last weekend with our celebrant, and FH's wedding ring is now ready and waiting to be picked up. We've organised his suit hire, and my wedding dress is now safely tucked away in my wardrobe with strict instructions for FH to not open up that side of the wardrobe.
I started on Weight Watchers last November, as I knew I wanted to be fitted for my wedding dress in March, and the timing and weight loss co-incided perfectly. I found Weight Watchers to be excellent - I lost the 6kg I wanted and learnt such a lot about incorporating healthy eating into every day life that I am now eating "normally" but maintaining my weight. A good place to be.
Good luck to all you fellow-October brides! I'm not on here so often any more, due to being so busy with wedding stuff, but it always lovely to pop in and see how you are all doing! :D

melbbride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:10 am

Hi ladies..hope u all had a great weekend!
FH and I went shopping for suits and found them in the first place we went to so that decision was pretty easy!
Has anyone started making payments towards their reception, cars etc? I was thinking of starting now so we don't feel so much of blow when we settle our bills.
Would be interested to hear what you are all doing?!

chellebelle
♥ baby on board! ♥
♥ baby on board! ♥

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:13 am

We're going to pay off the bulk of our reception in the next week or two. We have a minimum of 60 adult guests that we know we have to pay regardless, so we're just going to pay for that now. We'll pay any extras later on (extra adult guests plus the kid's meals).

We got FH's suit on Thursday night and both of our wedders over the weekend :bdance:

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:17 am

Yay on the payments Chelle, it makes it all start to feel so real! :D :D

sar.b846

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:09 pm

melbbride wrote:
FH and I went shopping for suits and found them in the first place we went to so that decision was pretty easy!
Has anyone started making payments towards their reception, cars etc? I was thinking of starting now so we don't feel so much of blow when we settle our bills.

Great that you found your suits so easily! I think FH and i went to about 5 or 6 shops trying suits on before we found the right one!

Every fortnight FH and i get paid we take out about a 1/4 of it and pay off things for the wedding. We plan on having it all paid off well before the wedding so anything we earn after that can be put towards spending money on the honeymoon. We now only have the caterer, photographer and decorator to pay. We can't finalise the deocrator or catering until we get final numbers though so will just make partial payments to these. Am looking foward to our tax returns as these will take out a large chunk of whats left!

confused
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:32 pm

the only thing I have left to pay for is hair, makeup, and reception. the rest is done :bdance: :bdance: :bdance:

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:33 pm

confused wrote:
the only thing I have left to pay for is hair, makeup, and reception. the rest is done :bdance: :bdance: :bdance:

Yay, now you can sit back and try and relax...the fun stuff is not far away!!

Libranlady
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:04 pm

melbbride wrote:

We have paid all our deposit's as requested by the vendors.

Re the balance :

We have our savings for the wedding, in a high interest account, that we can withdraw from if ness. We earned $42.00 in interest last month :D , so I am keeping all our major payments until the date the suppliers request them.

I figure the money is better off earning interest in my account than theirs :tick:

Mrs_muddie2b

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:52 pm

nerin wrote:
mrsmuddie where abouts on fraser are you getting married? Im getting married at kingfisher the week before. I had my hair trial a couple of weeks ago and the hairdresser said she had a bride up from newcastle for her trial...

OMG! We are getting married at Eurong beach resort on the 16th of October, Key is the hair and make up artist and me and my mum flew up recently to got my hair and make up trial... It was a great wend and it was nice to show mum the island from the plane we were in (going to Hervey bay)

Im so excited and cant possibly wait another 110 days! :D

Mrs_muddie2b

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:53 pm

russa1 wrote:
Your plans sound great, nice and intimate with the people that care the most. Good work, got room for one more?! :lol:

haha always room for one more, it went from 20, to 35, to 60 guests, why not 61! :mrgreen:

Mrs_muddie2b

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:59 pm

melbbride wrote:

FH & I went shopping saturday for suits "just for a look" and same deal, we left after purchasing a full suit for him and leaving a deposit for the BM and GM to go and get sized up for the next week! It happened easily and i was so stoked! It was going to be $210 to hire and we somehow needed to have them back from fraser island to newcastle by the following week when we are going on a honeymoon straight from then, so buying them for $300 seemed logical!

My reception wont take the money until 30 prior! Its annoying me cos i just want it sorted so i know where we stand lol :D

Hope the planning is treating you well! :heart:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.26