A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

MrsEather
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: October 2010

Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:57 pm

I agree Bring on Spring!!!

We have just had the most productive few days, Friday we me with the local priest (who by the way was convinced that FH had been married before, he asked him about 8 times If he had been married before and kind of gave him that "don't lie to me " look) so paperwork is finally underway! we are ordering our invites tonight, (so late i know! but we couldnt order anything untill we were sure we could get the church paperwork sorted!) We went and ordered the groomsmens gifts today and picked up the vases for the reception centers as well as choosing a bit of the Bridesmaids gifts and deciding on our toasting flutews. We book in the pre marriage course tomorrow and I finally went and had my brows done professionally, so happy with them :heart: Ive been so slack just doing my own. I have started whitening my teeth too and am happy with the results allready :D
My BMs all have their dresses and i am just waiting on pickies from them all, MOH sent me pickies and i am so happy she looks great! I am so excited, i cant wait to marry my wonderfull Mr.

rachnnige
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:24 pm

nursekristel wrote:
Wow girls nearly onto part 2 of october... :D
At this stage of the wedding planning I just honestly want it all to be over.
I want to get married, dont get me wrong but all this is so involving!
Everything is booked.. Just need to do all the stuff that I couldnt be bothered doing earlier!
I just cant wait until I am married and dont have to worry about everything that has to do with weddings!
cant wait till October 24 when no more saving for the wedding occurs and im a mrs..

I totally agree with the money side as im so over thinking of budgets and sticking to them I just want to be able to buy myself something non wedding related!!

chellebelle
♥ baby on board! ♥
♥ baby on board! ♥

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:30 am

This Friday is 3 months til the wedding 8O

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:43 am

chellebelle wrote:

Not far behind ya Chelle, it's getting so exciting now. It feels so close :mrgreen:

kel1409
Mrs Betto
Mrs Betto

Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:28 pm

chellebelle wrote:

Same!!!! Its getting so exciting, but also a bit scary! I keep thinking of all these little things I'm yet to organise!

Libranlady
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:10 pm

3 months is 12 weeks girls 8O

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:11 pm

Libranlady wrote:
3 months is 12 weeks girls 8O

I know, we were actually saying that at work this morning - 12 weeks makes it sound so close!

chellebelle
♥ baby on board! ♥
♥ baby on board! ♥

Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:28 pm

It's 13 weeks this Saturday :( I want the wedding to hurry up!! I've got most of the big things done, it's just the smaller fiddly things. I really need to get our invites done this weekend!!! 8O

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:53 pm

I know, I am ready now too...hurry up October

kel1409
Mrs Betto
Mrs Betto

Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:10 pm

I am sooo excited! FH has now decided that we'll get the duo we wanted for our wedding! We originally said no, too much of a cost, but we've now decided that you only get married once, may as well have what we want!!!!!! :heart:

Had my make-up and hair trial yesterday, Make-up is fantastic. In love with it!
Hair not so good. Once I had my make up done, it just wasnt right, so now its back to the drawing board with hair! :(

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:11 pm

kel1409 wrote:
I am sooo excited! FH has now decided that we'll get the duo we wanted for our wedding! We originally said no, too much of a cost, but we've now decided that you only get married once, may as well have what we want!!!!!! :heart:

Hair not so good. Once I had my make up done, it just wasnt right, so now its back to the drawing board with hair! :(

Pics????

kel1409
Mrs Betto
Mrs Betto

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:13 pm

russa1 wrote:
kel1409 wrote:

Pics????

Just updated my S&T, havent done it for sooo olong! Pics of trials, and Invites on there now!

rachnnige
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:00 pm

My necklace arrived today from Scotland (Etsy) after ordering only a week ago.
But my guest book from Ebay is taking forever!! its coming from NSW and a little concerned as they said shipping is only 3-8 days and its been almost 3 weeks!!
Have sent them a msg to see whats happening so I guess we will wait and see.
Do you girls find there is always a difference in timing - I get to the post office and not sure what item will turn up next!!

emmylouly
Mrs Klinakis
Mrs Klinakis

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:40 pm

Hey rachnige I ordered a wax seal online at 12.30am yesterday morning, got a note about 1.30pm saying it had been shipped and when I got to work this morning it was waiting for me.... the best online service I have ever received! So yes it can vary hugely with different suppliers, I think mainly depends on how busy they are.

tamsse

Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:34 pm

hi all...we are getting married on october 2nd at whitebridge in newcastle NSW...outdoor wedding so i have my fingers crossed that it is not raining as it was last year! plans are all done..well i think..i havent been to a wedding before so i have gone into it pretty blind! good luck to all the october brides

LovelyAshley

Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:31 am

My husband I planned for an October wedding, but it doesn't have any sort of personal significance. The only reason we chose October is because it seemed like a convenient time. We both enjoy comfortable weather, the Fall atmosphere and it's easiest for family to get to our destination -- at least, we believe so.

October weather is just so lovely and pretty. That's basically it. LOL

mllelozza
Mrs Mummy
Mrs Mummy

Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:11 pm

I never really got involved in this thread before but have decided maybe now that I should be. I am getting married on Sunday 3rd October - middle weekend of the school holidays! We had to choose that weekend as Im a teacher and I wanted the week before to finalise things and the week after to relax. I feel like I have done the bulk of things and its all just the little, boring things now. :( Im definitely hanging out for the wedding to just happen now! :D

FY
Formerly known as katburke
Formerly known as katburke

Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:35 pm

mllelozza wrote:
I never really got involved in this thread before but have decided maybe now that I should be. I am getting married on Sunday 3rd October - middle weekend of the school holidays! We had to choose that weekend as Im a teacher and I wanted the week before to finalise things and the week after to relax. I feel like I have done the bulk of things and its all just the little, boring things now. :( Im definitely hanging out for the wedding to just happen now! :D

Totally understand how you are feeling, all the big things are done! I just hope I have not missed something :lol:

~chocolat~
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:47 pm

99 days to go... *eek* Double digits and a million an done things to do still. Least we got the boys suits organised last week. On the hunt for a dark purple / plum / eggplant skinny silk tie... easier than it sounds :roll:

mllelozza
Mrs Mummy
Mrs Mummy

Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:19 pm

katburke wrote:
mllelozza wrote:

Totally understand how you are feeling, all the big things are done! I just hope I have not missed something :lol:

Me too! :-S
GZIP: On | Load: 0.21