A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Re: October 2010

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:19 am

~chocolat~ wrote:
99 days to go... *eek* Double digits and a million an done things to do still. Least we got the boys suits organised last week. On the hunt for a dark purple / plum / eggplant skinny silk tie... easier than it sounds :roll:

Hehehe, I am hanging for the double digit point. Not long now hun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

melbbride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:11 pm

hey ladies - hope you are all well :)
i need to vent a little bit...im starting to get a little bit worried as my dress which i ordered in January still hasn't arrived!!
it was only suppose to take 3 months and by the time it comes in it would have been 6.
my main concern is because i have had them make some adjustments, if it comes in and its not ok i wont have time to re-order it.
im also a little pissed cos not once has the bridal shop called me! i have had to call them every month to find out what is going on.
am i being a bit bridezilla????

hopefully it will come in soon...keep ur fingers crossed for me :)

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:29 pm

I would give them another very firm call explaining how you feel

kel1409
Mrs Betto
Mrs Betto

Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Hi laides, just wondering how much you are all paying for your hair? My hairdresser has quoted me $800 for Mine, 3 BMs and Mum and MILs. Mum and MIL will only have a slight blowave as they both have very short hair.
Averaged out, its about $135 each! Including mum and MIL, who I cant expect to pay that each for a blowave!

ukgirl

Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:40 pm

Hi Kel1409

I think that sounds a lot. My Mother and MIL are getting their hair done and it's only $60 pp and then another $60pp for their make-up. My hair and Make-up is around $170 and my BM around $155 for both. We then get a bulk discount of 10% on top of that. I think $135 pp just for hair is very high.

jetsetterjess
Jess the Best
Jess the Best

Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:36 pm

kel1409 wrote:
Hi laides, just wondering how much you are all paying for your hair? My hairdresser has quoted me $800 for Mine, 3 BMs and Mum and MILs. Mum and MIL will only have a slight blowave as they both have very short hair.
Averaged out, its about $135 each! Including mum and MIL, who I cant expect to pay that each for a blowave!

that seems very high. mine has quoted $70-$90 for my upstyle ad $60-$70 each for the BMs as they will be having their half up/half down. for mum she has quoted $40-$50 as she has short hair. not sure if mum will get heres done but if she were to go to a hairdresser it'd probably be around the same.
maybe have your mum and MIL go off to a hairdresser together to get their blow waves. i'd be getting some more quotes if i were you...

nursekristel
♥ beach bride ♥
♥ beach bride ♥

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:52 pm

That does seem a bit expensive hon

confused
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:03 pm

wow that is a bit excessive!!! I would be asking for a new quote or asking else where

rachnnige
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:27 pm

Yeah im rethinking my hairdresser as well. She is charging us between $110-120 depending on the style. Plus I wasn't overly happy with the trial so im on the look out for someone new too.

Butterfly_Dreaming
A Farmers Wife
A Farmers Wife

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:44 pm

Hi girls,

I could've sworn somewhere along the lines I've visited the October thread but then I have fallen off the bandwagon of WC the past few months while dealing with 'life'.

I'm needing inspiration, motivation and someone else to talk all things weddings with so I'm making a conscious effort to visit in this thread more often.

I started trolling through from page 1 but when I realised you ladies are up to page 98 or something, I just cut the chase and dived in here, LOL!!

Where are you all up to with planning? What things have you got left to do? Is everything kicking along according to your plan?

Mrs_muddie2b

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:57 pm

Butterfly_Dreaming wrote:
Hi girls,

I could've sworn somewhere along the lines I've visited the October thread but then I have fallen off the bandwagon of WC the past few months while dealing with 'life'.

I'm needing inspiration, motivation and someone else to talk all things weddings with so I'm making a conscious effort to visit in this thread more often.

I started trolling through from page 1 but when I realised you ladies are up to page 98 or something, I just cut the chase and dived in here, LOL!!

Where are you all up to with planning? What things have you got left to do? Is everything kicking along according to your plan?

Plan? ahh yes. the original plan has far from shifted where it originated lol BUT all planning going well. I am currently mad at my nan who isnt coming for no apparent reason, but otherwise all is well!

I have had my hair trial and piad the deposit, paid a deposit on the celebrant and photographer, brought all the boys suits and BM dresses, i havent got mine yet, its been 4 months but apparently it arrives this wend!

I am wondering, at what stage do you pay the rest of the balance owing? I have paid lots of deposits but no full balance! Do they contact me or should i be chasing them up? hmmm

Butterfly_Dreaming
A Farmers Wife
A Farmers Wife

Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi Mrs Muddie 2Be

From talking with my suppliers, most are happy with deposit till either a week before or even on the day of the wedding (depending in exactly which supplier). It might pay just to give them a call and find out. If you can leave it in your own bank a little longer and make interest off of it, then I'd be doing that personally :) (so long as your not tempted to spend it on something else)

Half of our boys suits arrived in the post today and I expect the other will arrive when we get mail next so Wednesday. They weren't quite the colour I was expecting (as I bought them online) and the description was that they were a light latte beige but when I took them out of the bag I nearly burst in to tears.... They looked more grey then anything else.

FH as gorgeous as he is, comforted me and made me walk away for 5 minutes then brought them to me in another room with better natural light. Not as bad as I first thought but still not quite what I was envisioning so I was slightly disappointed but they are here and I'm sure they will grow on me :)

I've got my hair trial booked for 23rd Aug once we finish shearing (seems everything wedding related slots in after something substantial on the farm, LOL). Am looking forward to it. Have another appointment before then to do some more colour trials too so will give me a little longer to fully decide what I want.

As for my dress, I suppose I should chase it up. They said they only needed 3 months and that was at the 6 month mark - will put that on my list to do tomorrow

nursekristel
♥ beach bride ♥
♥ beach bride ♥

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:59 pm

100 days till October 23 girls get married :heart:

Butterfly_Dreaming
A Farmers Wife
A Farmers Wife

Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:44 am

nursekristel wrote:
100 days till October 23 girls get married :heart:

And 87 till the 10/10/10 girls tie the knot..... (Not that we are counting or anything!!

I can't believe how quickly time is kicking along now that the 100 mark has passed - OMG!!

jetsetterjess
Jess the Best
Jess the Best

Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:51 am

shhhhhhhhh
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

(in denial)

8O

Butterfly_Dreaming
A Farmers Wife
A Farmers Wife

Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:09 am

LOL - Come on Jess :lol:

jetsetterjess
Jess the Best
Jess the Best

Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:15 am

it's gone too quick - seriously!
i haven't got my dress yet (it's getting made atm) starting to stress. i'm going for a position at work and the other night i dreamt i got 'the job' which ended up being me in a sweatshop type scenario on an old school sewing machine making my wedding dress!

but YAY - here's to being a MRS in 100 days!!

Butterfly_Dreaming
A Farmers Wife
A Farmers Wife

Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:31 am

Oh you poor thing!! Well good luck for the new job, sounds exciting!!

Have you had a chat with the dress maker to see how things are progressing? Might just reassure you that things are coming along well.

I have been a little worried about my BM's dresses as they are coming from the Big D but Wendy has been brilliant and sent me about 5 emails tonight alone. They will be ready in just 14 more days, eeekkk!!

It's truly crazy how quickly time skips along once that 100 mark ticks over. A GF of mine who got married 3 months ago warned me not to wish it away because before you knew it - it was here... I'm starting to think I should of listened to her long ago, LOL

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:04 am

99 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOWN TO SINGLE DIGITS :D :D

Mrs_muddie2b

Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Haha 93 days for 16th October brides!

I am also pondering, how great it will be to get married but i love planning this wedding so much that when its over i will be... sad? lol
I really enjoy doing it, but im sure i will enjoy being a Mrs more :D :heart:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.19