A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

kel1409
Mrs Betto
Mrs Betto

Re: October 2010

Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:44 pm

[quote="Mrs_muddie2b"]Haha 93 days for 16th October brides!
quote]

Wow! That means 86 days for us 9/10/10 brides! 8O

Thats a bit scary! We're just trying to think of ideas for naming our tables. We dont want to go with the traditional numbering of tables, so are thinking of naming the tables after elements of the beach eg. sand, shells, ocean, and having vases in the centre of that table holding that particular element.... Just not sure if we'll be able to think of enough things!

Im going to go for a second hair trial soon, just waiting to hear back from the hairdresser. And just slowly paying things off :( stupid money!

Where is everyone else up to?

emmylouly
Mrs Klinakis
Mrs Klinakis

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:44 pm

russa1 wrote:
99 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOWN TO SINGLE DIGITS :D :D

OMG!!!

Getting my a into g very quickly1

nursekristel
♥ beach bride ♥
♥ beach bride ♥

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:02 pm

russa1 wrote:

Wow that is so exciting! bring it on! :heart: :heart: :lol: :lol:

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:40 pm

nursekristel wrote:
russa1 wrote:

Wow that is so exciting! bring it on! :heart: :heart: :lol: :lol:

Yup, and I can't bloody wait!!

Butterfly_Dreaming
A Farmers Wife
A Farmers Wife

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:15 pm

And just slowly paying things off :( stupid money!

Stupid money - your not wrong there Kel.... Money generally becomes the brunt of most arguments. I reckon if you survive planning a wedding, your laughing - marriage will certainly have to be fairly smooth sailing, LOL!!

I got the call yesterday that my dress is ready to go and try on - YAY!! Have my appointment first thing on Saturday morning, so looking forward.

The guys suits all arrived this week too so am madly posting them around Oz in order for all the boys to get them, try them on for size and see where we are at with that. Then I need to find a shirt to match, ties are sorted - my MIL is making them.

Literally just opened the email before logging on here tonight and found out that my BM's & FG dresses from the Big D are ready today (2 weeks earlier then they thought - YAY!!) and will be posted tomorrow. Am soooo looking forward to them arriving and seeing how they turned out!

Have to order all our new cowboy boots but am waiting for the money tree to hurry up and mature so I can harvest it for bigger notes.... I finally, after 6 months of trying, got all of the measurements for our bridal party to order the darn things tonight but my poor bank balance looks quite ill (especially after paying for all the other bits and pieces this week, I kinda smashed the budget to smitherines, LOL).

I bought a few things from Lincraft today while over in Griffith to make a bouquet for my FG. I'm so excited about making it. I've got different types of buttons, ribbons, lace, and beads - so I plan to put together a little creative bunch which I will stitch to a Russ teddy that I got her to carry down the isle instead of a real bouquet of flowers. Figured she'd be more inclined to hang on to a soft cute bear then a bunch of stinkin' flowers, LOL! (She's only just a few weeks short of 2 for our wedding but she was born 3 months premmie so she's tiny!)

Other then that - i plan to have send out all my invites next week. All the invites are addressed, envelopes are stuffed with RSVP cards & return envelopes as well as our wishing well cards and a booklet on our closest town for those that are not locals (being in rural NSW that makes it most of them LOL) and got our wedding stamps on the front ready for posting. All I have to do now is print the address label, shove the invite in and viola - - send!

Can't believe it's getting closer and all the things we've been planning for so long are starting to now come together, eeekkk!! :lol:

rachnnige
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:53 am

I just booked us in for dance lessons for next week. The first is complimentary and will see how many we need to get us ready for a basic dance. Still deciding between a few songs though.
Its between Yellow - Coldplay or a Michael Buble song for a slow dance or if we want something a bit faster I really love Time to begin by Katie Noonan.

kel1409
Mrs Betto
Mrs Betto

Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:57 am

rachnnige wrote:
I just booked us in for dance lessons for next week. The first is complimentary and will see how many we need to get us ready for a basic dance. Still deciding between a few songs though.
Its between Yellow - Coldplay or a Michael Buble song for a slow dance or if we want something a bit faster I really love Time to begin by Katie Noonan.

Oh i'm jealous! I so wanted to try and work out an awesome dance for FH and I to do, just to blow everyone away, but the reply I got was "we're too busy as it is, we'll just make do" :(

NOT FAIR!!! (Stamping foot and acting as a 3 year old)

rachnnige
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:01 pm

kel1409 wrote:
Mrs_muddie2b wrote:
Haha 93 days for 16th October brides!
quote]

Thats a bit scary! We're just trying to think of ideas for naming our tables. We dont want to go with the traditional numbering of tables, so are thinking of naming the tables after elements of the beach eg. sand, shells, ocean, and having vases in the centre of that table holding that particular element.... Just not sure if we'll be able to think of enough things!

Im going to go for a second hair trial soon, just waiting to hear back from the hairdresser. And just slowly paying things off :( stupid money!

Who did you end up going with to do your hair? Im hunting now for a new stylist.

kel1409
Mrs Betto
Mrs Betto

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:46 pm

rachnnige wrote:
kel1409 wrote:
Mrs_muddie2b wrote:
Haha 93 days for 16th October brides!
quote]

Who did you end up going with to do your hair? Im hunting now for a new stylist.

Im currently waiting on Allure to get back to me and am getting slightly frustrated!

rachnnige
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:55 pm

Ha I called them today and no call back. Also called Monica Gingold and waiting as well.
I might send emails, may be more effective.

melbbride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:11 pm

im having my first hair trial tomorrow....kinda excited :)

kel1409
Mrs Betto
Mrs Betto

Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:01 pm

rachnnige wrote:
Ha I called them today and no call back. Also called Monica Gingold and waiting as well.
I might send emails, may be more effective.

Yeah I emailed Monica and she replied within 24 hours. Allure did as well, but no nothing :( It really irks me, bt it could be a good sign that they are flat out?? I dont know :(

october-apples
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:48 am

101 pages AND 1001 posts :)

emmylouly
Mrs Klinakis
Mrs Klinakis

Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:32 pm

Yay 101 pages, we'll get a new one soon! way to go ladies

melbbride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:27 pm

46 bobby pins in my hair and that was just the trial :)

mllelozza
Mrs Mummy
Mrs Mummy

Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:19 pm

Picked up both BM dresses yesterday! :-) And found teal coloured flower hair clips that match perfectly. But I want a flower in my hair now too :(

~chocolat~
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:25 pm

All you ladies have got your invites sorted and ready to post, or posted, and we just finalised the wording today :roll:

melbbride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:31 pm

hi chocolat...i was just finishing my invites when i saw this post :)

im going to mail my overseas and interstate invites tomoro but the rest wont go out till end of August. Just realised though that i didnt order enough at the start and im 3 pocketfolds short :(

kel1409
Mrs Betto
Mrs Betto

Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:57 pm

We sent ours out about Mid June. All of our guests live at least 2 hours away, so we wanted to give everyone enough time to organise accom etc.

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:17 pm

Our invites will be reading to send out in 2 weeks, it's taken ages and really looking forward to sending them :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.22