A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad
Topic Author

October 2009 - Part 2

Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:57 pm

A discussion thread for all the October 2009 brides. The previous thread is here

Oscar17
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: October 2009 - Part 2

Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:01 pm

Yay! A new thread for us!!

I am having my make-up trial tomorrow. I am stressed about getting there in time, as my flight lands one hour before my Mum and I are meant to arrive. Fingers crossed for no delays.

Still getting more RSVP's which is great! Our ceremony draft is also written and sitting there for us to revisit when it is not so fresh in our minds.

ellejay
♥ totally married ♥
♥ totally married ♥

Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:45 am

YAYAYAYAYAY we got to part 2!!!!!!

Ooooh, Oscar, looking forward to seeing trial pics! Hope it all works out well timewise for you! Enjoy it!

I'm loving getting those rsvps rolling in! FH and I really need to finalise our ceremony too. Best get onto that!

emmynejsmum
Almost there
Almost there

Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:56 am

Hey Girls,
WOW a part 2.... thats awesome! I have not been posting a great deal, been busy busy with my kids and wedding stuff etc so haven't had much of a chance to sit down.
So far i have done this
* Grooms suit and shoes
* Wedding dress is due for final fitting from being altered - sep19th
* Wedding invites sent out (way back on june 26th HAHA)
* My daughters 'flowergirl" dress (not a real flowergirl dress tho)
* Wedding shoes
* Celebrant
* Venue (same place for ceremony and reception)
* Having hair and makeup trial on wed 2nd September
* Got our jewellery
* We are not having a 'honeymoon' as such, just an extra few nights at the resort (have to be there 2 days before and leaving 2 days after wedding)
* cute little outfit for my little boy
* My uncle is going to be our MC
* We have got the DJ booked
* Have organised the flowers, just need to go and see the florists work
* Cake is gonna be from the Cheesecake shop as its heaps cheaper and just as nice :)
* Decorations have been arranged for ceremony and reception :)
* hens night organised but its not gonna be the traditional hens night with the pen!s straws etc. it's going to be an elegant evening LOL.

FH isn't having a bucks night! He doesn't have any close friends or anything like that, he isn't a social person LOL so the wedding day is gonna be a test for him.
We aren't having bridesmaids or groomsmen, i already have selected people to come out of the "crowd" and sign the registry for us :)

We are yet to organise bonbonierre... i know what i am getting, I am just waiting for people to give me their RSVPS.... i mean seriously, how hard is it to spend 55c on a stamp and post it while you are down town..... responses are due back tomorrow and they have been given nearly 2 months!
Out of 37 invitations (most guests coupled) only have received 15 RSVP's, 5 of which are no's..... 22 left to get and i can't buy my bonbonniere until i know who is coming and who isn't as our bonbonniere is a photoframe which doubles up as their placecards too! For the ladies we are also having an organza bag filled with heart chocolates, and then scatter some over the tables for the men to munch on hahaha
I think that's about it for now .
Not long now until everybody has their big day!
Good luck to every one :)

Tan984
Mrs Stranger Danger
Mrs Stranger Danger

Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:05 am

OK thought I'd do a list of what I have and haven't done, feel free to comment and remind me of stuff I may have missed.

What I Have Done

• Book ceremony/reception venue
• Booked Photographer
• Booked Hairdresser
• Booked Makeup Artist
• Booked DJ
• Booked Cars
• Ordered Cake
• Ordered Bridesmaids dresses
• Bought my dress
• Bought shoes and borrowed a pair
• Veil Dry cleaned
• Invites made and sent out
• Booked Celebrant
• Chosen MC
• Order & received flowers
• Bought ferrero rochers for wine glasses
• Bought and covered chocolate bars for male guests
• Bought almonds for female bonbonniere
• Made tags for bonbonniere
• Had 1st hair trial
• Had makeup trial
• Ribbons tied on bubbles
• Bubble basked lined with pink satin
• Garter and throw away garter made
• Photos of parents at their weddings framed
• Created timetable
• Bought & embroidered dressing gowns
• Put together emergency kits for girls
• Made jewellery
• Bought earrings to be turned into hair clips
• Bought guestbook
• Petticoat/hoop borrowed from friend

What I Need to Do

• Stick diamantes on veil
• Give cake lady ribbon/lace/flowers for cake
• Waiting for cake flowers
• Choose rest of songs for reception etc
• Confirm times with car company
• Dress fitting for Bridesmaids/Pay for dresses (Sat 22/08)
• Finish bonbonniere for female guests
• Buy jelly belly’s for tables
• Have 2nd hair trial (Sat 26/09)
• Finish butterfly place cards
• Make table number/name cards
• Make menus
• Make OOS cards
• Buy underwear
• Learn our dance
• Finish card box
• Buy dress for hen’s night
• Make hair clips for girls
• Buy hair clip for myself
• Finalise ceremony stuff
• Meet with venue to finalise numbers, food choices etc
• Buy pen for signing and guestbook

Why did I do a list my to do list is out of control aghhhh! 8O
Please remind me of what I've missed or can't think of
Thanks girls

bridalicious
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:20 pm

Today I have my second dress fitting, I hope (think) it fits a bit better this time. I tried it on at home the other day and the back fat problem seems to all have all but disappeared but we will just have to see. Can't wait to have it taken up, it's so long and feels really heavy. I finished our bon bons last night too, we have donated to the cancer council qld and made little scrolls for our guests and tied them with ribbon and a daffodil day pin -they look really pretty :D

Last floral appt on Wednesday, have been waiting to organise it for soooo long and I really hope I can have what I want.

Still to do

Confirm and pay finals to vendors
fittings and alterations
Hair/makeup trials
organise dessert buffet
buy more bloody ribbon :lol:
finish stationary for wishing well
get a hair cut
finalise ceremony music
get wedders engraved
get some old photos copied and retouched

oops forgot I need to adress and post our wedding announcements the day before.

nicolebaxter92
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:25 pm

I am now trying to organise the final 7 weeks of the wedding and the wedding itself around FH chemo schedule. It's going to be a challenge.

I still have to -
Pay for our accomodation & travel to the island
Have a meeting with celebrant & pick reading, plan OOS, rehersal, etc (she has been out of the country for a few months)
Write our vows
Pay celebrant
Pay photographer
Have my dress alterations done (appontment with dressmaker today :D )
Check BMs have bought their shoes & clutches
Take GMs shopping for their shirts
Buy flowergirls shoes & dresses
Book nail & pedicure appointments week before wedding
Have hair & Makeup trials (sep 13th)
Finalise menus
Seating plan
Finish BP & parents gifts
Make bonbons
Chase RSVPs - only have 1 so far 8O
Make table numbers
BM dress fittings
Organise the music

Tamgerine
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Hey Nicole, lovely to see you in this thread. :heart: ... hope the dress-fitting went well.

I'm getting really anxious because our invites won't go out until this weekend 8O 8O .... everyone else seems to have theirs out already.

I know it's because I was a week late in doing them because I was sick, but still ... What if people get their invites like only a day before the RSVP? I told the printers to change it, I hope they didn't leave it as 4th September! That's the main thing I have to do that is still stressing me. I think I might express post some of them - esp the overseas ones.

What we still need to do ... going to be adding and subtracting from this list a bit ... weeeeeeeeeee:
- Pick up invites and send/hand deliver (will do tomorrow/monday)
- Pick out the flowers (appointment on 1st Sept with florist)
- Pick up the custom guest book from photographers plus artblock and engagement photos
- Sort out our vows
- Have final meeting with celebrant
- Sort out speeches/readings - in addition to the traditional ones, would like my cousin and her husband to do one. Perhaps two people from FH's side to do some as well.
- Check in on the bridesmaid's dresses
- Make sure bridesmaids get their dresses and have any alterations done
- Sort out shoes for the bridesmaids
- Send my MOH the details of who to invite to the hen's night
- Finalise accomodation for the night before and night of the wedding (just need to advise who is going to be there)
- Choose the music for ceremony and certain important parts of the reception
- Finalise the seating arrangement (FH has done a good job of this in Visio)
- Buy little bags and/or boxes to put cake pieces and lollies in from the lolly jars on the tables
- Have e-ring rhodium plated (at least two weeks out)
- Have hair dyed (about a week before wedding)
- Buy nice undies and garter tee hee hee
- Have final dress fitting
- Pick up dress
- Meet with photographers to discuss shoot and locations (Venue and Roma Street Parklands)
- Need parents gifts for my Dad and both of Adam's parents
- Chase RSVP's, when the time comes
- Buy outfit etc for hen's night
- Make the thank-you cards
- Pack for night before
- Pack for honeymoon
- Pay off stuff ... lol

... oh and check out viewtopic.php?f=18&t=105865 *squeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Green Wedding!
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:20 am

Ah, i'm so unobservant. I have been looking at our Part 1 thread thinking, "God the october girls have been quiet!"

Oh, after reading all those lists, I feel nervous! I thought I didn't have much to do, but maybe I do???? ahhhh

We have finally got the boys organised, which was a feat, so I guess thats good. And we finally got some new cars organised. which was also a feat this late into it.
FG dresses are due in the next 2 weeks. Hair and makeup trial is in 3 weeks. Still gotta get gifts for parents. Still gotta do up running sheet for whole day, and the reception. Got to write vows.....choose more songs. get dresses altered.

Only 7 weeks to go! It's all nearly over :(

Tan984
Mrs Stranger Danger
Mrs Stranger Danger

Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:27 am

Well I had a pretty good weekend wedding stuff, first my girls and I along with my mum and my aunty who's a dress maker went to try on the bridesmaids dresses and take them home. Only 2 out of the 4 needs adjustments and they're minor so easy enough for m aunty to do. Went shopping with my MOH in hope of wedding day undies and a hens night outfit, we didn't really have much time allocated but surprsingly found some bright blue kayser brazilian g-string and bra not that i need the bra but I though it was an excuse to get a matching set. We started wandering around MYER and were looking at bikinis and then found this rack of clothes that had a 50% off sign on it, so we had a look and straightaway this dress jumped out at me, perfect colour (red/pink), my size (12) and then I looked at the price thinking it would be way out of my price range but it wss $215 marked down to $120 and then another 50% off that so I only paid $60 for a MR K formal dress. :bdance: It's a little tight but I'm working on that and if it's still a bit tight it was cheap enough to buy a new dress, I've got 4 weeks to lose a little bit more weight. Fingers crossed :e_pray:

kayser.jpg

hens dress.jpg

Green Wedding!
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:39 pm

The Brazilian Range is nice hey! They always have gorgeous colours! :)

Love the Hens dress, it's sexy!

Tamgerine
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:17 am

Green Wedding! wrote:

I agree, *wolf-whistles*

Well - the invites are ready to go, they will be going in the mail tomorrow!! - Most of them going via Express Post so I REFUSE TO STRESS ANY MORE ABOUT THE LATENESS OF INVITES.

I also refuse to stress about the fact that there are at least three separate drama bombs brewing amongst my family. NOT LISTENING, LALALALA, JUST BEHAVE YOURSELVES!

Hope everyone's planning is going well - it's creeping up on us, girls! :mrgreen:

Tan984
Mrs Stranger Danger
Mrs Stranger Danger

Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:20 am

Tamgerine wrote:
Green Wedding! wrote:

I agree, *wolf-whistles*

Well - the invites are ready to go, they will be going in the mail tomorrow!! - Most of them going via Express Post so I REFUSE TO STRESS ANY MORE ABOUT THE LATENESS OF INVITES.

I also refuse to stress about the fact that there are at least three separate drama bombs brewing amongst my family. NOT LISTENING, LALALALA, JUST BEHAVE YOURSELVES!

Hope everyone's planning is going well - it's creeping up on us, girls! :mrgreen:

Thanks Girls! Lets hope I shrink a bit so it's not too tight!

Talking about drama bombs, my FMIL sprung on me the other night that we need to invite someone else because they found out about the wedding and she's invited to their kids wedding next year so she felt bad and now want me to quickly do another invite (if you've seen my invites, it's not as easy as clicking my fingers) But to make it worse these people can't make it to the wedding but there mother wil come in their place! Why invite them if they can't come anyway I might as well invite the person who's going to come! Aghhh, all this happened while FH was away for work so I had no backup. Then I get told that FMIL family may have to stay at our house the night of the wedding, which I'm not too happy with as I don't feel like returning home the day after our wedding to host FH's family at our house which will probably look like a brothel after the groomsmen being there the day before, I'll be so busy trying to get ready for the honeymoon the next day, I don't really need that extra stress, they're lovely people but I have to think of my own sanity!Sorry that was a bit of a vent! :x

manda182
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:40 am

I totally agree with you tan - you do not need to be hosting/entertaining guests around that time. I said the same thing to my FH who has already moved into our new place (I'm still with my parents) - that I don't want guests staying there, as I have exams 2 days before the wedding & I will need him to be doing last minute things in that week while I'm studying - not entertaining guests!

I also told FMIL that no, she couldn't come to the airport to see us off on our honeymoon. For one, we are going for 5 nights!! (leaving the day after the wedding & staying in a hotel in the city the night of the wedding) and secondly, I can barely tolerate her now, why would I want to see her then? As far as I'm concerned, our honeymoon starts the minute we leave the reception, and we say goodbye to everyone there, so there is no need for people to come to the airport (end rant)

Brooke*

Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:46 pm

I stupidly invited everyone back to our place the day after the wedding, so not only do I have to organise the wedding, I have to plan the food/drink/seats etc for the next day!! As well as act as a tour guide of Melbourne and pack for my honeymoon!! With all my BMs and family overseas, and FH's family interstate it's been a full time job organising these two events alone!! Not to mention the digs from my Mum about 'are you wearing a veil over your face? & 'does your garden in your backyard look decent?' Arrrrhhhhh. End of rant!!

Green Wedding!
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:11 pm

Drama drama drama (hehe, my fave saying).

who needs enemies when you have family!?!! Lol..... I know what you girls are going through, we went through this over the past fortnight. (Damn family drama bombs). It's all quiet for the time being, which is good.

Our biggest thing at the moment, is people asking to bring kids! Standing my ground tho...no no NO! lol. (Said in the nicest possible way of course!)

Got a lovely surprise in the mail today, my MOH had ordered the ribbons for the cars and had them sent to my house! Ah, she is such a thinker. I love her to death.

manda182
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:02 pm

How lovely of your MOH!

I am standing my ground with the kids thing too, although no one has actually asked, and I am happy for them to come to the ceremony if they want (4 kids I have & still babysat for ages are coming at this stage - which will be a lovely opportunity for them to see me & for me to have photos with them!)

ellejay
♥ totally married ♥
♥ totally married ♥

Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:35 pm

Luckily FH and I have escaped the family drama bombs that seem to be getting dropped on the oct girls!

Tan984
Mrs Stranger Danger
Mrs Stranger Danger

Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:44 pm

Ahhh the kid thing! We received an RSVP from one of our neighbours and they put their kids on the RSVP as well even though they weren't invited. I looked at FH and he said "I know I'll go talk to them" He made up a story about liquor licensing laws and how we can't have kids under 8. We don't mind if kids come to the ceremony but it's a lot of money to spend on kids at the reception and once you invite one lot of kids you have to invite the rest. The only kids we're having is my 2 cousins (18 & 13) and FH's cousins who are coming from NZ (10 & 16)

emmynejsmum
Almost there
Almost there

Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:41 am

Tan984 wrote:
Ahhh the kid thing! We received an RSVP from one of our neighbours and they put their kids on the RSVP as well even though they weren't invited. I looked at FH and he said "I know I'll go talk to them" He made up a story about liquor licensing laws and how we can't have kids under 8. We don't mind if kids come to the ceremony but it's a lot of money to spend on kids at the reception and once you invite one lot of kids you have to invite the rest. The only kids we're having is my 2 cousins (18 & 13) and FH's cousins who are coming from NZ (10 & 16)

We are having a kid free reception and the only exception we were making was for my uncle as his daughters are 17 and one is an adult (just turned 18) but i am kind of thankful that they aren't attending because they are complete and utter sooks and i just don't need that on MY day (they like to be centre of attn you see).
We have an issue with kids as well that the parents know the resort and know the resort has a kidsclub. They will be shocked when they find out at time of payment that the price is DOUBLED because i extended the period of time for it to be open!
There were only a few children invited to the ceremony with their parents (my immediate family) but the rest weren't... which means there are gonna be about (without my 2 that are in the ceremony and my other uncles 3 boys) 10 more kids that haven't been invited....so i am not happy!
Oh well hope everyone else having issues with children can solve them. :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.16